It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental/ nervous breakdowns and the comprehension of the universe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Hi HeartIsBlack, I had a girlfriend when I was a teenager who seemed like that. She was funny and bright and insightful and emotionally like fireworks. Then she would go through long spells of depression and self doubt.

The intensity of her mood swings became greater and greater until all her family and friends became scared of how extreme she was becoming and were afraid of her self-harming.

She had no idea why it was happening and had absolutely no control over it.

Her mother was a nurse and spoke to a doctor who identified that she was Manic-Depressive. With a little therapy and tablets, she was able to bring back some stability in her life and sort herself out.

It could be that you have had a slow depressed phase followed by a manic phase. If it keeps happening, seek medical help but don't be too worried if it was just one of those things and never recurs.

My friend was actually advised by her doctor to stop taking the tablets (lithium) when she was "up" and to take them mainly to stop her from being out-of-control depressed.

Our brains are vastly complex and the ability to be different from the way someone else (or even yourself) thinks is a gift. Learn and grow.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Thanks ok, we women have more problems with hormones that men do, and middle age is worst than puberty.

I knew you were on some kind of fast because you said you were under some stress no eating right, that makes the brain deprived of nutrients while the body is clean, and makes you get into a kind of trance, that is why ancient people specially natives Americans will got without eating to achieve enlightenment during trances.

If you want to keep having this type of brain storms you have to stay healthy, away from processed foods and junk.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Going without sleep and hitting what most call, your "second wind" creates a kind of high, can also cause panic attacks. It releases adrenaline, which can really wake your mind up. What ever you do never try to stay up for too long. It can really hurt you physically.

You are young and your body is changing, so sleep is very important. Your not crazy, as a matter of fact you sound like you are more together than most your age. Going without sleep for too long can cause hallucinations and is dangerous. Have some milk or hot coco and get a good night sleep.

You sound very sweet and smart, you will have to post some of your poems sometime.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Initially, I gave you a response that was very quick..but after reading some of the mumbo jumbo that comes your way as advice, here is a second part, which should have been a first part:

Lack of sleep and nutrients lead to stress and exhaustion. Prolonged lack of these lead to breakdowns. Even more prolonged lack of sleep and nutrients leads to chronic problems. Even more will lead to permanent damage. Extreme lack of sleep and nutrients lead to death.

That being said, I repeat that instead of trying to define what happened...use it. Your experiences are like fuel (and I meant that in a neurological sense). Given - of course - that you are getting the sufficient sleep and the sufficient nutrients that are absolutely necessary to a human brain.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've had real panic attacks. The last I can remember was at work when I just about lost it due to something I messed up at work.

They seem to be frequent with all that is happening around us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join