It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we truly explore the stars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

don't stop looking at the stars. don't give up the dream of traversing among them, the jokers in power want to kill your dreams of galactic travel. I believe it is more than possible with our current technology in fact it has already happened if your religious read the book of enoch or ezekiel each heaven is described like a different planet. so if in the distant past they could do it then why not now? because organizations like nasa lie and keep us guessing the future is now, the will is there in fact the need is there as-well globalists scream the world is overpopulated, then terraform and colonize the moon or mars. where is the pioneering spirit? I am sure out there in the universe is a race that's more than willing to help we just have to ask. and for the disbeliever who will swear on a stack of bibles we are alone among the stars debunk all of these images of our past.

www.crystalinks.com...

don't bother trying you will drive yourself crazy trust me I tried. you cant know where your going until you know where you have been.................

edit on 16-5-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Right, 1G acceleration is acceleration squared not speed, speed would have to exponentially increase to maintain a 1G force. Most chemical reaction rockets already accelerate at a sufficient rate to produce several times Earth's g-force but can only maintain these accelerations for several minutes because of a limited supply of fuel. Other high speed theories out there are actually slow accelerating methods. Over time they reach higher speeds but do not produce linear g-force.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

That's pretty amazing. Second to radiation weightlessness prevents the biggest problems for astronauts. They loose bone density at an astonishing rate, even .5g would remarkably improve their quality of life. Another interesting factoid is astronauts rarely ever sleep more than a few hours at a time. (If at all) And I'm guessing their mildly sedated during the process as well. I guess the body just cannot conform that easy to the physical aspects of space.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If the average Joe could get into orbit, the space-race would get a kick in the ass. Space cowboys would start heading out in all directions.

Everyone knows gravity attracts matter — it's one of the reasons why we stick to the ground. But how does gravity feel about antimatter? According to the scientists at CERN — the same organisation responsible for the Large Hadron Collider — we're about to find out.
source

But as it is right now, and into the foreseeable future from my perspective, it's just too expensive for our current civilization's structure. Because we waste so much, we have little to spend on space adventure.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Actually, its just expensive because so many politicians have there hands in NASA. I just saw Richard Branson on TV today talking about how Private Space companies can do all this for a fraction of the cost. (Granted its still a pretty penny) Most likely you will see a huge privatization of space exploration. It will have its ups and downs. Some will try to capitalize on it, others will try to pioneer the way for others, and some will die. But in the end it will pale in comparison to what space has to offer. As our technology grows so do our minds and therefore our knowledge once we collectively work together for this effort then we will reap the rewards of our success. Until then, its just pretty pictures, people walking on soil and Billion dollar expense reports.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Always look up to the stars, never stop....That's home...Its you.

Not sure how we'll be able to journey through the stars....the closest star to us ( 2nd to our sun) is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away.....

Travelling at the speed that we currently are able to? That trip would take 18,000 years...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Probably in a couple hundred years from now imho. We have a lot of problems to overcome on this planet before real interstellar space travel will be possible. But that's not really too far off. When we understand more about bending space time, we'll be making a short trip of it. Maybe even help will be given to us, at some point in the not too distant future.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a thousand years for the stars. i will gladly loose any bet.

at this rate!

we are wasting our scientific lives everyday.

i want to strangle all these idiots that do not want to explore space, since we been there for 1/2 a frikin century!

that's my number 20 of my ruling the world. never did mention that. oooooooooo way expensive. kiss my

grits!

me and many others would give it up to get anywhere for mankind. keep killing each other.

lol! who am i? need some real help on this.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
All we have to do is invent an "engine" that works by moving space around it instead of the engine itslef moving through space and we're there! The Universe is so big it doesn't really make sense to try and travel "through" it. There has to be another way, and if you can imagine it, it can probably get done, that uis if we'd spend less time on this rock trying to kill each other and more time on getting outta here !!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My belief is that planetary travel is possible and being used w/o our knowledge. Tesla, Brown and Einstein all knew time travel was possible and so is space travel. But do you really think they would let it become mainstream before they were able to get in and mine resources? We are the universe's parasites. We destroy and conquer. To think we wouldn't do the same on other planets is just naive IMO. It might be better that most of us stay here, but for the ones sick of the abuse, we need a fresh start before we suffer the fate that the greed has awaken upon us. I will continue to look up at the stars and raise my child to believe that we are not from here, but are visitors that were abandoned. That's right. I also teach my child that there is no God. See just like you wackos can raise your sheep to follow, I teach mine to lead and think for themselves. Staring at the stars is something man has done for billions of years, just now we can't see much because of the city lights. I will not be satisfied until this government is destroyed and our government is re-founded. I believe the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing the same way over and over, and expecting different result...

Sound like anything you know???

The longer it takes for this wreckament to realize the old laws need to be abolished and new laws created, the longer it takes for peace and unity. I don't care how long it will take. It needs to be done. Start with Congress and throw them btards out and give them jobs at Wal-Mart. they are used to working for people who screw others over anyways.

To put it simple ---- Stars give us hope...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Long before we try to go to the stars, I think we should start by colonizing this solar system and that can happen as soon as humanity as whole finally sets aside their petty differences, work together as one family and just do it.
With the population of the earth being around eight billion, if even a good percentage of the working age population were to combine their mind power and muscle power, we could have colonies on the moon and full scale cities on mars, in mere decades. All it takes is the desire and the effort.

Peace be with you.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by themessengernevermatters
Long before we try to go to the stars, I think we should start by colonizing this solar system and that can happen as soon as humanity as whole finally sets aside their petty differences, work together as one family and just do it.
With the population of the earth being around eight billion, if even a good percentage of the working age population were to combine their mind power and muscle power, we could have colonies on the moon and full scale cities on mars, in mere decades. All it takes is the desire and the effort.

Peace be with you.

Yeah but if it isn't profitable enough then it isn't reasonable to investors... In other words TPTB...

Think of what might of happened if it was Wall Street that was hit and not the TT on 9/11...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Only a very few human beings will ever get off this planet, and none will ever make it to the next star. The basic fact of the matter is that space is really, really big, and human beings can't pass the physical for the trip.

Sure, our robots might someday make the trip, and we may be able to kind of experience it using virtual reality, but we are just too weak and short-lived to make it very far into space.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey guys! Thanks for all the comments, and sorry I haven't been involved in replying - caught a 3 day ban :/

Thanks for all the posts

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GalacticJoe
If the average Joe could get into orbit, the space-race would get a kick in the ass. Space cowboys would start heading out in all directions.

Joe, when you say it like that, it makes me think Cowboy Bebop.
I dunno if you've ever seen it, but it brings a smile to my face.
(had to say that lol)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Space travel even to the moon is way beyond private investors right now, yes you need resources, resources of the entire planet. Stop watching those National Geographic space shows and come down to earth. Reality is really much more mundane that what TV show watchers preach to us, (after all, TV shows are for ratings, much like conspiracy theorists regardless of what their educations and employment might have once been, are for profit, personal profit), not fact.

When you understand that, you will realize that things like the top secret Area 51 hype in the mid fifties was for a simple long winged single engine jet that could reach 70-80 thousand foot altitude, with a cruising speed of around 300 miles per hour and you realize there is no secret magic here, never was, it was simple aerodynamics with the tech available at the time. Not Alien tech, the jet was deficiently so precisely barely capable of those altitudes it had to eject its wing wheels that weighed down the wings to the ground with jet fuel, to attain it's aerodynamic specs! Landing was by the seat-of-the-pants experience every single time much like aircraft carrier pilots explaine, never 'routine'. It is the will of man, and mankind to take those risks to push the tech present.

The only facts recovered from Roswell in 1947 was a metal alloy we did not recognize until we studied it. I don't have all of the facts but Nickel and Titanium alloys were part of the recovered metal alloy. Russia is where the U.S. somehow got enough Titanium to build the SR-71 Blackbird from which started in the late fifties and flew in the early 60's. If there is any conspiracy in real life it is why Russia made some trade to give us their titanium.

Crazy that somehow we took from Russia the very thing we needed to build the super jet that defenses couldn't touch, their defenses, it flew higher and faster than any ground based air defense rockets at the time it flew well into the 80's and even early 90's.

That is all I (know) that I inquired about at where I work, where our scientist's examined that Roswell metal shipped to WPAFB. In fact, it was the very basis of the origin of the company, metallurgy.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Illustronic because: aircraft carrier pilots

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Space travel even to the moon is way beyond private investors right now, yes you need resources, resources of the entire planet. Stop watching those National Geographic space shows and come down to earth. Reality is really much more mundane that what TV show watchers preach to us, (after all, TV shows are for ratings, much like conspiracy theorists regardless of what their educations and employment might have once been, are for profit, personal profit), not fact.

I can get that dude, in fact I find myself quite often, looking around and thinking to myself, "hmmm, maybe there is nothing to these conspiracies after all, other than perhaps a conspiracy to makes OODLES of cash moneys off of unsuspecting people."

How many pieces of media have been created and sold regarding how many countless conspiracies, padding how many peoples pockets? Off the top of my head, I'd say we start with LOTS.

But that's neither here nor there. The space sector needs a kick from Average Human Society, if average human society is ever going to take a real leap into space.

Once we're in space, we can check out all of those crazy conspiracies for ourselves, and not have to bother with solely the accounts of others. Lets go to space ladies and gentlemen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join