It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Doomsday Gloom and Doom Thread!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would personally like to see the whole damn house of cards come crashing down. Not because I wish harm on any one person, or because I'm an evil bastard.

Take a look around you, look at what is important to people, and what this whole species has become. Now tell me you dont think we should "reboot" the system so to speak?

I think going back to basics would be a very good thing for everyone in the long run. Sure, it will be survival of the fittest, but it will force us to go back to our roots. Farming, hard work, and depending on one another for more than just gossip will once again be the law of the land. I think this has probably happened at least a half dozen times since our species appeared.

But then again, it doesnt take an army of undead, a super volcano, or a massive tidal wave to end your world as you know it.

Sometimes it can be as simple as a terminator fooling around with the help....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think the Mega-tsunami scenario is probably the most likely situation to happen. The East coast of America will look like they got slapped by the hand of God. lmfao

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Couldn't agree more with most of what you had to share. This thread may be of interest to you. Well worth the time to read IMO.

Earth's Human infestation

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

THEM!

I TOLD you!

I love that old movie, they did a great job. The sound they would make, the kid walking in shocked state through the desert.

love it!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Apathy, fear, and terror, yet another day of doldrums when it comes to doomsday.

Far too many people are lazy, terrified, or terrorized by our Government.

When disasters actually happen it is nowhere near as bad as people suspected.

Doom : More Actual Doom, Live Actual Doom, and Doom On You...

Or it is ten times worse because they ignored their options until it was too late.

Threads like the one you made SLAYER69 are the reason I hate ATS sometimes.

People ignorantly prattle on about this and that yet do nothing about the impending disasters.

People decry Government, Law Enforcement, and Military as the problem.

Yet they are the problem.

Citizens, both conspiracy theorists, and average citizens are far too damn lazy.

Complain, whine, and bitch about the problems, yet these are the ones who rarely lift a finger.

I am quite tired of listening to people who are not a part of the solution.

If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem, you are the problem.

None of that was directed at any one person, neither SLAYER69, or anyone else.

But it is the apathy and dead ideas which disturb me more than any disaster.

Because I can prepare for disaster but apathy is what creates real zombies.
edit on 5/17/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was thinking about the black hole thing. Isn't there a black hole in the center of our galaxy. What if it opens up in 2012 and something gets through.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well wouldn't that all depend on the type of Gloom and Doom?
Meaning if it's just a major regional disaster then yes, one could prepare but if it's a Global Species extermination event there really isn't much one could do.

edit on 17-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well wouldn't that all depend on the type of Gloom and Doom?
Meaning if it's just a major regional disaster hen yes one could prepare but if it's a Global Specieces extermination event there really isn't much one could do.

Yes, we can prepare for regional disasters, the same with Global Species extermination.

The exception to the rule though for the latter is that only 1% of the populace is included.

If that because I believe the number is much smaller than 1% of the population.

I believe in Be Prepared though and I have contingency plans for everything.

And I do mean everything.

I have been planning for the last 31 years of my life since I was 6 years old.

I am now currently 37 as of this writing and I have zero fear of disaster.
edit on 5/17/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Mayans are the ones who came up with this 2012 theory based on Our Solar Systems orbit around Alicion. Just as the Earth passes thru 12 Zodiac signs each year, the sun passes thru 12 Zodiac signs every 26,000 or so. The 26,000 year cycle is divided into 5 sub cycles of 5125 years. The age we are currently in now lasts from 3113 B.C. until Dec. 21st 2012 A.D. So I dont think any doom and gloom will happen... unless New World Order wants to destroy (or enslave) the world by this date. Seems like that is what they are trying to do...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hueyfreeman77

I'm not too worried about a "NWO". At the rate we are headed we may just pollute ourselves to death.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b896d6a1650c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55f0b3747995.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55408238eeca.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Star and flag! I love these threads.

How is it possible that I have been sat at work all day miserable as hell, yet I come home and read about the world ending and all of a sudden I am happy?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
I think the Mega-tsunami scenario is probably the most likely situation to happen. The East coast of America will look like they got slapped by the hand of God. lmfao

OR...

Massive hurricanes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d32709107331.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So this thread is basically the GLP forums? lol

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That video just gave me a migrane.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
So this thread is basically the GLP forums? lol

Kind of , sort of...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Great thread! S&F!! By the way Slayer69, I just love your avatar!

I don´t really know which to pick but I think I will settle for the alien invasion with the slight touch of asteroid/comet disaster awakening the Yellowstone caldera...

But, are we really sure the end of the world as we know it really will end in 2012 because of a prophecy...?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a143433840fb.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aurvandil

Thank you.

The feedback is greatly appreciated.
I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

Stay thirsty.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about this one:

Global warming causes the methane hydrates to melt, releasing billions of tons of methane into the atmosphere. Lightning ignites said methane and the Earth goes up in a huge atmospheric explosion

obrienmedia.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by E2Rokz
How about this one:

Global warming causes the methane hydrates to melt, releasing billions of tons of methane into the atmosphere. Lightning ignites said methane and the Earth goes up in a huge atmospheric explosion

obrienmedia.com...

Doesn't say whether it would exterminate all of mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join