It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does clicking "this post" do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just clicked "this post" by accident while reading through a thread and it turned from blue to green. If that is how you send an alert to the mods, I apologize. It was unintentional, please ignore. If it does something else, could someone please explain what I just did?

Thanks,
Gwynnhwyfar

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

It opens (writes) a direct URL link to that one post. You can copy/paste that URL into one of your posts, if you wish to reference that other post, for some reason.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you. I'm glad to find out it wasn't an alert. Does it write the url into your clipboard? I ask because it didn't open another window, just turned green. I am using Safari from my iPad.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
No, it doesn't copy the link to your clipboard. To do that you should right click the link and copy the link address.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Ok, thanks. I can't right-click on my iPad so I'll try it next time I'm at the PC.

Thanks guys!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

On my laptop (when no mouse plugged in) I do have a right button, but often I use 'Ctrl-C' for the copy command (after you highlight the text or object). Then, maneuver the cursor to your location, and use 'Ctrl-V' to paste.

Easy-peasy....

new topics

top topics

join