It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You DON'T owe on the U.S. Deficit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ya know, here in the U.S. it is said that only one percent of the population holds and controls 99% of the money (or something like that). Anyway, seeing as each of us in that 99% pool has never had our equal share of the money, why the hell would we each owe a full share of the deficit? This image of the deficit clock was taken at 6:05 P.M. today, May 16, 2011. It shows that each and every U.S. citizen owes $46,185 to the deficit.

That's bullcrap! It implies that no matter how little money you have, or what kind of work you do, or even if you don't work at all, you owe this money to the deficit. Well then, no matter what kind of work we've done, or even if we've never worked, when have any of us ever received our equal portion of the U.S. money? Never!

The filthy rich cannot have it both ways, dammit! If they hold and control 99% of the money, then THEY are responsible for 99% of this deficit. Each of us poor shmucks only owes $461.85. Just my opinion.

Maybe I'll email Bill Gates and tell him to cough up his share before he donates it to some charity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad931d737e6b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The government "represents" the people -> government decides to bail out -> tax payers money

simple as that

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And THIS is why people need to stop being apathetic and start getting involved.

When no one cares about politics or what's going on, politicians are free to put you on the hook for whatever they want. It sucks, but we only have ourselves to blame for not holding their feet to the fire.

Hey, is American Idol on tonight?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by jiggerj

When no one cares about politics or what's going on, politicians are free to put you on the hook for whatever they want. It sucks, but we only have ourselves to blame for not holding their feet to the fire.

There is a difference between being apathetic(not caring) and being ignorant(not knowing)/lazy. Most American's are ignorant of what is going on.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As a U.S. Citizen I have the Right to say:

I owe the Government nothing.

I was unwillingly born into this Republic. I cannot be forced to pay for anything I do not agree to.

"If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law." H.D.T.

If the Government wishes for me to pay for my Citizenship; then it will ask me, not tell me, nor ask my neighbors, what I shall pay for.

If they attempt to tell me what to pay for; then it is in my best interest to rebel against the Government, or in such a case that it is necessary, withdraw my Citizenship and take up Life, Liberty, and Happiness where-ever I find suitable.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by jiggerj

There is a difference between being apathetic(not caring) and being ignorant(not knowing)/lazy. Most American's are ignorant of what is going on.

Some of us (okay, a lot of us) are ignorant on the details of HOW things are happening, but one doesn't need to be a genius to know that the government has always been manipulated by and for the super rich. A government for the average Joe would not have let our jobs go overseas; would not have drawn us into trying to fix what cannot be fixed in the middel east.
edit on 5/17/2011 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I see in the opening post that for some hysterical infantile reason
Bill Gates name was dragged through the mud.
The only billionaire who gives a damn
and he's being attacked for it.

Consider this video where
he quietly tries to warn people of what is going on.
Some of the smartest people in the world are in that room,
but they are surly, scratching their socks, and resenting him for his money.

Somehow the actual facts of who is destroying us, and exactly how, doesn't matter.

David Grouchy

I agree with everything in the opening post, except blaming Bill Gates.
Pick a better whipping boy, and quit going with the popular villan.

Steve Jobs, for instance is a tool of the Millitarized
silicon valley control machine. Where all our
communications and personal data are
being grabbed, but people love him.

Bill Gates is the only person who
has given us a truely uncensored internet.
edit on 17-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Besides,
Doesn't everyone know that it is wallstreet, the big investment firms, and banking cartels that hold all the money. How come they weren't mentioned in the opening post. Was the opening post written by someone working for Golman sachs in an attempt to deflect. Ramp up the blame game, and push the one decent person in front of the bullseye. Is this really helping?

Look at this video. In the split second after he get's pied in the face. Look at his body language. He looks like someone who thinks he's just been shot. Would you carry on trying to help people after that? He does.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
very little of that debt is mine to pay...
I didn't benefit from the crap the gov't spent the money on, aint no million dollar bonuses coming my way. no sweet gov't contracts to provide poisoned water to the troops in Iraq or build lavish embassies there. It's not my debt, and well, hope they don't expect me to pay my fair share, because, well, times are tough, jobs are scarce, and quite frankly, wages are crap!!! I could pay every cent I make to them, and well, still wouldn't meet this years bill probably....
they need to recoup the money that has been lost through the latest scam inflicted on the american people!!! the real estate bubble burst has hurt more than just a few homeowners who bought more home than they could afford. it's hurt the pension funds, it's increased gov't expenditures, defrauded local communities of funds, depreciated everyone's real estate!!
www.huffingtonpost.com...

the first thing they should do is take back the million dollar bonuses from the ones who put us into this mess to begin with.

cross your fingers and hope and pray that they prosecute!!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

There we go, now we're getting some names...

Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup and Ally Financial

...from the article. So if everyone would just send each company a bill for the 45k, this would be a start.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy I agree with everything in the opening post, except blaming Bill Gates.
Pick a better whipping boy, and quit going with the popular villan.

Oh, there's no bad guy in this. I just threw one name out that fits into the 1% of those with 99% of the money. I could just as easily have included Oprah Winfrey and all names associated with big business.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Besides,
Doesn't everyone know that it is wallstreet, the big investment firms, and banking cartels that hold all the money. How come they weren't mentioned in the opening post.

No, it's just that everyday when I get home from work I am totally trashed, so I'm lucky to just form a complete sentence. Doesn't mean I'm disqualified from tossing in my two cents worth to see if it stirs up a decent conversation.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by dawnstar

There we go, now we're getting some names...

Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup and Ally Financial

...from the article. So if everyone would just send each company a bill for the 45k, this would be a start.

EVERYONE should read your link.

Confidential Federal Audits Accuse Five Biggest Mortgage Firms Of Defrauding Taxpayers [EXCLUSIVE]

WASHINGTON -- A set of confidential federal audits accuse the nation’s five largest mortgage companies of defrauding taxpayers in their handling of foreclosures on homes purchased with government-backed loans, four officials briefed on the findings told The Huffington Post.

The five separate investigations were conducted by the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s inspector general and examined Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup and Ally Financial, the sources said.

The internal watchdog office at HUD referred its findings to the Department of Justice, which must now decide whether to file charges.

Two of the firms, including Bank of America, refused to cooperate with the investigations, according to the sources. The audit on Bank of America finds that the company -- the nation’s largest handler of home loans -- failed to correct faulty foreclosure practices even after imposing a moratorium that lifted last October. Back then, the bank said it was resuming foreclosures, having satisfied itself that prior problems had been solved.

This is good. You should read all the rest.

The next question will be what will the penalty be?

Monetary Fines or Criminal Charges?

Source

edit on 17-5-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I'd have to say the apathy, in this case, leads to the ignorance.

If people can't be bothered to care about looking into what's going on, they have no excuse for remaining ignorant of such. The ignorance is wilfully inflicted as a direct result, in this case.

Thanks friend. Be well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Since the reality is that the money we supposedly "owe" has no real capital or collateral behind it and was created out of "thin air" means the American taxpayer legally speaking cannot be held to satisfy any debt that The Federal Reserve creates, even that with Congressional approval. Got it?

top topics

join