It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today marks 5 years since my last drink.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
And one other thing. I have never kept my "issue" a secret. Even my kids know my story....hell although young at the time they actually lived and remember it. But one great thing I've discovered...admission to addiction is not such a stigma anymore like it was when i was younger. The OP and people like myself can tell our story and encouragement is always thrown our way.

Much like the people that have responded in this thread, people are awesome when they see an honest effort to change and it definately helps the addict. It sure made things easier for me to be able to admit to people I was weak with regards to the way i handle alcohol and they automatically get on your side end encourage you from the get go. I'm 48 years old and I know for a fact that society wasn't always like that. So thanks to all posters who make the effort to encourage folks with addiction issues. It has always been a huge help for me.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
BRAVO,Bravo my friend.
To hear that now your happy in life an soul is brilliant ,an so you deserve it too.
enjoy my friend ,the rough seas have ended.
well done you,be proud an blow ya own trumpet,you,ve done what many a person can not.
for that I,m gonna give you a star an flag lol

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Congrats! Not an easy thing to do I bet.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
5 years ago today I entered detox, for alcohol dependency, for the third and final time. After detox I spent 30 days in rehab. After rehab I spent 3 years in AA. Today I am happy, healthy, and glad to have gotten another chance at life.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Vicky

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Congratulations. Keep it up. I wish you health and happiness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thank you everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join