It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gettysburg Ghost followed me home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As most people in this forum probably know, Gettysburg is one of the most haunted places in america, if not the world. in the spring of 2001 my family and I took a road trip to Gettysburg and DC. The moment we arrived in the gettysurg city limits my mom and I (we are both very psychicly sensitive) got a strange feeling that we were going to encounter some strange things during our visit. Anyway, we checked into the Holiday Inn: Battlefield (which we later learned was extremely haunted) and as we began to unpack our things, my mom stopped us and told us to keep our things packed because she had a feeling that we wouldnt be staying long. we agreed, although my dad thought she was nuts, and ventured to the battlefields. when we returned from a day of sightseeing, we decided to go to the shops. The first place we went to was an old military antique store, I browsed the inventory and decided to purchase a few items. I bought a few relics from the battlefield including an assortment of buttons and belt buckles, a few musket rounds, and a reproduction kepi. (little did i know it would be the purchase of these objects that would awaken our ghostly visitor.) After a few days of haunted restaurants, and a ghostly encounter in the hotel room, (that's a different story altogether.) we set off toward our home near chicago. a few days after our trip, my mother and i began hearing strange noises in the middle of the night. my mom told me how my sisters TV kept turning on in the middle of the night, and she was sound asleep. and even more frightening, one night i got up to use the bathroom, and I look down the stairs and i could see a tall dark figure standing in the middle of our foyer. I was frozen with fear, and a moment later my mom emerged from her room saying "why are you up so late mark?" (apparently she was going downstairs to get a drink of water) and she look down the stairs to see the same apparition that I was staring at, and at the same time we both lunged for the light and the dark spectre vanished. our hearts were racing and i was still overwhelmed with fear. the next day my mother did a bit of meditating and later she told me that she kept seeing a civil war soldier and an image of the battlefield souveniers i had purchased. we then concluded that we brought back the spirit of a soldier somehow connected to the relics. I still own the things, but i have sinced moved away from that house, and i think the spirit stayed because i havent had a similar expierience since.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow sounds like you had a interesting encounter there. I myslef have not traveld to Gettysburg but i have had experiances pretty weird as well (maybe not that weird). Your lucky that the ghost didnt follow you as the ghost was broght to you via the relics and you would think that the ghost would stay with you as long as you kept them. I think that i will take a trip down to Gettysburg some day or at least investigate alittle more. Ghosts arent something i like to mess with but normally they cant do much but completely creep you out depending on the kind of ghost they are. I have heard of ghosts that scratch and play with kids or possess you, etc but most of the time they dont really do much except creep you out and turn off your power, etc. I hope that your little friend does not continue to follow you, he might just be lost
. Good luck

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Was the ghost pointing a musket at you? That would rule...muskets...heh heh heh.

See, I think when you start feeling like, "Something's gonna happen!" you're basically setting yourself up for something to happen! You want something to happen, in a way. I get weird feelings all the time when I'm in the dark and things...I just ignore them, and get over it. The times when I do freak out and get paranoid, constantly, "Looking over my shoulder" if you will, I always wind up seeing something. Your eyes will play tricks on you if you want them to. If you're really expecting something to happen, scared and nervous, every little shadow that crosses by looks like something scary. It's hapened to me many times in my room. I see a dark figure...I get a little spooked but then I examine it more closely and realize that it's just something else entirely. I'm not saying it's always the case, but sometimes you set yourself up. And yes, I do believe in paranormal things.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You do have a good point Herman, he was infact expecting something and there for it could have cause him to see something. But he is right in the fact that Gettysburg is a pretty haunted place and there have been many other encounters as well. All other encounters aside, just the fact that it was a battlefield and that many people died there would suggest the presence of a ghost. As well since he purchased an aritfact that might have belonged to one of them the chances are that if there were an other worldly being that it would follow him becuase he stole something that belonged to it. Still, he and his mom couldve immagend it, but you could say that for any other ghost sighting.

And yea ur right that would rule if the ghost was pointing a musket at him, muskets rule
and some more barf

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
About 10 years ago my parents and brother were nose to tail in the traffic on a stretch of road which was somewhat of a blackspot for accidents. Anyway suddenly this car starts overtaking the line of traffic on the wrong side of the road....theres a truck approaching from the opposite direction.....cars start pulling over to the shoulder of the roadf to let the overtaking car back into the correct and safe lane....the car just heads straight for the truck....the truck starts to swerve....the car hits the truck head on....Everybody has stopped...people and and the truck driver are looking under the truck for the grisly remains.....there is no car....it was some freaky ghost rider apparition. When I was told the story, my bro had a face so white...it was like he had seen a ghost or something. Of course I said..'yeah right...what a load of....' . But at the same time I was thinking eeewwwww thats freaking spooky.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yea im sure that kinda thing happens a lot. Maybe not there, but im sure in other places memories of past trageties show themselves every once in awhile. Meh before I go just let me say

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You're sure that thing happens alot? I doubt it happens alot, but it's still cool.
And yeah....I guess it is true that if they purchased something that a dead soldier owned then something could follow them. But, why would it stay in their old house?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow, that's quote the ghost story! I hope someday to have some sort of encounter.

Also- sounds like you've got a cool mom. lucky you

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've been to Gettysburg dozens of times. Done the battlefield .. went on ghost walks .. did some ghost hunting on our own ... fortunately all the buggers did was drain my camera batteries a few times. None came home with me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
We had an experience in the Jenny Wade house. We were on the tour and when on the second floor, the guide told us that psychics often see a man sitting in a chair in the front room. As the people left, we (my wife and another person) stayed and looked out the window. At that time we all three started to smell old smoke! My wife thought it was coming from the cloth window curtains but after smelling it, it wasn't coming from them. Now no one had lived in the house for over a 100 years and no smoking is allowed of course. The smoke lasted for about a minute. We ALL smelled it! Pretty cool. Later, we we're all outside near the cemetery near the house and I heard what sounded like canon fire coming from the area of the battle field. I could hear it but my wife could not. Could of been but of course, I cannot be sure. The smoke was however real!
edit on 12-6-2014 by wrkn4livn because: Adding comment

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: boondock saint

Awesome share man, Classic case of a spirit or ghost being attached to an object or maybe even your family when they went to go visit the battlefield. I've never been there myself but I heard many paranormal stories of Gettysburg, apparitions of soldiers, sounds of battles in the middle of the night etc. I hope eventually that spirit of that solider or man found peace.

top topics

join