It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan to let Chinese plunder secret U.S. stealth helicopter downed in Bin Laden Raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Chinese military could soon get its hands on the wreckage of a secret U.S. 'stealth' helicopter that crash landed in the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound, Pakistani officials have said. The previously unseen helicopter crashed in the daring dawn raid in Abbottabad earlier this month, with Navy SEALs managing to destroy all but a tail section of the secret aircraft. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There is no could here folks this is how china has built up their entire military and civilian infrastructure.

everything the chinese government has done is to steal technology from the rest of the world and slap the " made in china " label.

Pakistan is suppose to be a us ally who has taken billions from the us and now you can bet china will be paying pakistan a look fee.

this is messed up on so many levels and this is the result when we have an idiot in chief commanding the us military.

the usage of a top secret aircraft for one man so he could boost his poll numbers.

this burns me up on so many levels.
edit on 16-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Clinton gave up a lot of our technological secrets in the 90's to the Chinese.

So I'd say your anger, although well placed....is a little late.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Getting bin Laden? Thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

Giving the chinese top-secret stealth technology? Priceless.

Sorry, couldn't resist. So they just get the tail?
edit on 5/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This sucks and I hate that China will get it but at the end of the day, it's a risk you take when you violate another countries sovereignty and leave behind goodies.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This F kng pisses me off. Hello we had aircraft in the area and a predator overhead watching the whole thing happen. And you know it was fully equipped if you know what I mean. This is a nightmare. Hello drop the f ng bomb and evaporate it. The one who let it sit there is an ass and should be relieved of command. Can you say idiot.

Sorry I would have destroyed it at all cost.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Rocky Black because: Typo errors

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

agree with the first part of that man

but you can tell alot about any given aircraft design from even a few pieces up to the stealth material used in the construction.

its not good news.

reply to post by Signals

yeah clinton done alot of stupid things during his reign of potus and i do agree with that comment

my anger sure is well place but never late.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
that's a common mistake. they are not an ally. they are being paid billions of dollars to allow the united states to hunt terrorists and launch drone missiles, and look away when citizens are killed.

another corrupt nation. and obama wonders how and why osama was apparently given aid and comfort from people inside the government.

if a nation and government which is sworn to protect it's citizens sells a pre-approved quota of human lives to a foreign nation, in this case the u.s., for monetary compensation in case of collateral damage, it is no surprise or shock that they would sell wreckage of a helicopter to china.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was thinking about that, actually.

Also was wondering exactly how thoroughly they were able to destruct the rest of the craft, I'd imagine the chinese will be pretty tenacious as far as getting everything they can out of it, and unless it was more or less vaporized, I see there being a lot of potential gain even from what's not still pretty much put together.

C'est la vie, right?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

well most special operators do carry thermite and if thats what they used they would have had a limited supply

and given the shape of any aircraft thermite does indeed vaporize most things and given the composite nature of the craft i can see why most of it had been destroyed.

thermite+aviation fuel=bad news

it should have been completely destroyed an nothing left to chance.

c'est le guerre.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
this is the result when we have an idiot in chief commanding the us military. the usage of a top secret aircraft for one man so he could boost his poll numbers.

You'd prefer that he save it for the air show? C'mon...legitimacy of the operation aside, you can't suck and blow at the same time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

id would have preferred it be used when its most needed and not let the cat out of the bag,

you dont show all your cards in one blow because that sucks for the rest of us.

there since you just wanted to be graphic.

or how about i bring up about the canadian fighter design the mig that the russians stole and then turned around and killed their own project and the russians having one of the most long lived best fighters of the cold war.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
or how about i bring up about the canadian fighter design the mig that the russians stole and then turned around and killed their own project and the russians having one of the most long lived best fighters of the cold war.

You referring to the Arrow?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If we just flew the copter to China that would have looked suspicious.
This way there is plausible deniability on how China got the technology they will use to invade mainland USA.
That BarryO is a clever one.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"could" means the pakistani's are using it as leverage, trying to squeeze the US for something. I would have to think that since the US hasn't gone in and retrieved it they feel it is already basically yesterdays technology

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

We(the West) have relations with Pakistan but they are not truly our ally. The only thing they and most of the rest of the world cares about is money. Half their population would gladly watch any of our countries burn and throw a party over it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So, we shouldn't ever use the helicopter because something like this could happen? The Pakistan operation is a textbook example of where to use a stealth helicopter that we probably only have a few of in the first place. Sneaking into another country undetected with a commando squad and not engaging the military of that country? We obviously didn't want to fight the locals in the military base a kilometer away. That secret technology is really useful in a bunker somewhere collecting dust. I am sure that in the year 2050 when we start using it, it will be state of the art.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ncb1397 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by neo96

If we just flew the copter to China that would have looked suspicious.
This way there is plausible deniability on how China got the technology they will use to invade mainland USA.
That BarryO is a clever one.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic, because this 'blame it all on Obama' mentality is really starting to get pathological...no, pathetic!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Actually no, they have decided to give the chopper parts BACK to the U.S

This was breaking this morning on CNN.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another reason why we need to cut ties and especially all foreign aid ( which btw is unconstitutional anyways) to all free loading countries. We have wasted billions of dollars over the past 40 years giving hand outs to everyone. And for what? Not only are our alleged " trusted " allies playing both side of the fence, but so are we?

Cut that spending, and stop being the global police, and we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

These copters are specially designed for SF (SOCOM).

This had nothing to do with the commander in chiefs decision to use this helicopter ?

These copters are Standard Operating Procedure, specifically designed for SOCOM...in fact they as in SOCOM are not supposed to even use the standard military copters.

Unfortunately, when you slap some radar absorbing panels and a bunch of computers on a Blackhawk airframe, to make something fly that isn't aerodynamically supposed to, there are bound to be some teething problems in the engineering development process.

Instead of this constant Rant about blaming the POTUS for pretty much everything, Perhaps we should go back to Lockheed Skunkworks and figure out why the damn thing crashed in the first place ?

For If it hadn't crashed then this wouldn't have ever even happened !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join