It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxin from GM crops found in human blood

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Toxin from GM crops found in human blood

indiatoday.intoday.in

Fresh doubts have arisen about the safety of genetically modified crops, with a new study reporting presence of Bt toxin, used widely in GM crops, in human blood for the first time.

Till now, scientists and multinational corporations promoting GM crops have maintained that Bt toxin poses no danger to human health as the protein breaks down in the human gut. But the presence of this toxin in human blood shows that this does not happen.

Scientists from the University of Sherbrooke, Canada, have detected the insecticidal protein, Cry1Ab, circulating in the blood of pregnant as well as non-p
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
GM Crops to Blame for Disappearing Bees? German Study Says 'Yes'.
Study linking GMO crops to infertility
Monsanto Genetically Modified Foods to End Life on Earth
GMO Crop Sabotage on the Rise

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is bad and hopefully the start of the end for GM foods.

GM plants are also being blamed for the declines in bee populations, amongst other things.

For these toxins to appear in our blood stream must surely show that either improper studies were taken or it was previously known and someone got paid a big bonus to keep it hushed up.

I do not trust anything that has been 'modified' and strongly resist anything that is labeled as 'new and improved'...

indiatoday.intoday.in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If GM crops are found to be poisonous to us will we be able to clear away these crops and replace them with our old crops or are we literally up the creek without a paddle?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Oh just lovely. *sigh* As if having my body flooded with synthetic estrogens from the fertilizers and pesticides isnt enough.

Thank you for the thread though. Id rather know whats killing me than die ignorant I suppose.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If they don't kill us this way they will kill us another...But, at least this way they get to get all of our money before we die through the illegal medical profession......Will Bastards ever cease to exist?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
For some reason, the song

Fire Water Burn from Bloodhound Gang came to mind.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Now, am I to understand that the toxin is not actualy part of the plant? I mean, if it is an insecticide, then that means that it is the TOXIN which is the problem, and that mentioning the fact that it happens to be GM crops it has been used on is a misdirection.
If the truth is that if the toxin is what causes the problem, then it could have been applied to ANY kind of crop with the same unfortunate results. Seems to me that if the toxin is dangerous , it should just be taken out of circulation immediately. Problem solved.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It really doe not make any sense..

Why GM these crops if you know it's going to wipe out a vast amount of wildlife/humans?

But perhaps that is the point..

Perhaps this is why there is a seed bank?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
sucks because GM foods are widely seen as a miracle.
I mean, crops that grow in abundance, in harsher conditions. The world is in famine, and we simply dont produce enough food to feed everyone.
Very tragic. Either famine, or franken foods that may poison us.
pick your poison.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
1.Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

!

edit on 16-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My question and correct me if I am wrong. But, isn't the whole idea of GM foods is that they are "naturally" insect repellent, and therefore, why would insecticides be used on GM crops to begin with. Are they or are they not insect resistant as Monsanto claims? Or did I miss something?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
indiatoday.intoday.in

India today?
Gee, doesnt anyone know how to link to the original source article anymore?

Maternal and fetal exposure to pesticides associated to genetically modified foods in Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.
Aris A, Leblanc S.

Now, can someone read it and say what the article REALLY says instead of a MSM newspaper article?

The PDF document...
PDF

edit on 16-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

Well I know this may get me branded as a NWO shill, but really people, lets willingly on our own reduce the population so that we dont have to poison ourselves just to feed ourselves.

A couple generations of people not having more than one or two babies would do us wonders.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What I saw was a very small sample finding very small amounts of one toxin. They also failed to establish the presence of the toxin in the diets of the test subjects. I'm guessing even if the study's valid there's no reason to panic yet. Oh, wait, this is ATS, nevermind, panic away.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well, we first need to get past the debacle of whose responsibility it is to teach sex ed. The parents or the school system. That is the first step.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Hugh Hefner taught me sex ed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
What I saw was a very small sample finding very small amounts of one toxin. They also failed to establish the presence of the toxin in the diets of the test subjects. I'm guessing even if the study's valid there's no reason to panic yet. Oh, wait, this is ATS, nevermind, panic away.

Im not sure how much toxin you like in your body, but Ive got enough, I dont need any more, thanks.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffeeMonster
sucks because GM foods are widely seen as a miracle.
I mean, crops that grow in abundance, in harsher conditions. The world is in famine, and we simply dont produce enough food to feed everyone.
Very tragic. Either famine, or franken foods that may poison us.
pick your poison.

We don't produce enough food because US government has put bigger restrictions on farmers making it harder for them to produce food.

With GMO (Hybrid) seeds you have to buy new seeds every year, with Non-hybrid seeds you would get perfectly good seeds every harvest thereby not needing to buy more seeds or at least a few.

This is all done for profit by none other than Monsanto, FDA, and EPA with regulations. Take California for example where they shut down all those farms to protect some fish so they say. Now I know they could of figured out something to keep those farms going.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
the BT Toxin is in the corn you eat
pests wont eat it because they modifyed it to have the genes that create a toxin that keeps away pests
also some "round up ready" (insiectacide and herbacide resistent) gentically modifyed plants can handle poisenous amounts of "round up" and not dye.

problem is when you eat it
it goes into your stomach
it is not supposed to go from your stomac to your blood stream
because you would be getting poisened by the gut take up of the toxins and chemicals

this is the only information you need to force change
this puts the saftey of alot of foods into question.

xploder

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

if there was such a shortage of food, why are 600,000 tons of corn turned into high fructose corn syrup each year?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join