It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midstate Police Profiting Off Drug Trade? No Charge, No Guilt...Keep Your Money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Midstate Police Profiting Off Drug Trade?

www.newschannel5.com

At the center of this months-long, NewsChannel 5 investigation are laws that let officers pull you over looking for cash -- and, get this, they don't even have to charge you with a crime to keep your money.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"It looks like that they are not concerned about stopping the drugs, they just want the money," NewsChannel 5 Investigates told Dickson Police Chief Ricky Chandler.

So this is what it comes down to. Pull you over, for no reason. Check your vehicle, for no reason. Keep any cash they find, for no reason.

I know that corruption is getting worse at the officer level but this a law?

At the center of this months-long, NewsChannel 5 investigation are laws that let officers pull you over looking for cash -- and, get this, they don't even have to charge you with a crime to keep your money.

If this is not outright theft, I don't know what is.

www.newschannel5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They took about $3000 from someone I know, just because they though it was "suspicious" that he had so much cash in his wallet. He had no drugs, nothing illegal at all. Just a "suspicious" amount of cash, so the cop took it, and basically pocketed it since he was never charged with any crime or had any opportunity to appear in court.

It's criminals like this posing as law enforcement that are the reason people take the law into their own hands.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
They took about $3000 from someone I know, just because they though it was "suspicious" that he had so much cash in his wallet. He had no drugs, nothing illegal at all. Just a "suspicious" amount of cash, so the cop took it, and basically pocketed it since he was never charged with any crime or had any opportunity to appear in court.

It's criminals like this posing as law enforcement that are the reason people take the law into their own hands.

I cannot find the words to describe this. How is this even possible and more so, how is this NOT prosecuted as theft?

It is very clearly theft at gunpoint. No better than a back alley mugging.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Not the first time I have heard police doing that. They make crap up, saying they will call DCF on you and make your life hell, or you can sign over your property to them. That is one tactic I have heard about being used. Back in NY cops had a habit of taking people pot and money, and "letting them go with a warning". Then they sold the pot to their buddies.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Theft, violation of the 4th amendment,Piracy, corruption, robbery, burglary of a conveyance. All in the name of law and order. Sad when the day has come when the true criminals are wearing badges. Lets not forget they pin on their courage and wear their balls on their belts.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Not the first time I have heard police doing that. They make crap up, saying they will call DCF on you and make your life hell, or you can sign over your property to them. That is one tactic I have heard about being used. Back in NY cops had a habit of taking people pot and money, and "letting them go with a warning". Then they sold the pot to their buddies.

I understand this happens with corrupt officers but these are laws!

Big difference that sets a precedence.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Cash is just the tip of the iceburg. They can also steal cars and houses too, without anyone being charged. So they bring up false charges, steal your stuff, then keep your stuff. Isn't the drug war grand?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If this isn't "Theft By Deception" I don't know what is..These brain-washed idiots are impersonating officers of the law...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I cannot find the words to describe this. How is this even possible and more so, how is this NOT prosecuted as theft?

With a good lawyer maybe something could come of it, but that would inevitably cost hundreds or thousands of dollars itself. Otherwise you could file a complaint or try to file a lawsuit yourself, but you would not be taken seriously without a good lawyer. Frankly these things are embarrassing to the courts and judges often don't even really want to hear about it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by jude11

With a good lawyer maybe something could come of it, but that would inevitably cost hundreds or thousands of dollars itself. Otherwise you could file a complaint or try to file a lawsuit yourself, but you would not be taken seriously without a good lawyer. Frankly these things are embarrassing to the courts and judges often don't even really want to hear about it.

Unfortunately and also expected is the fact that it would cost more time and money to fight the case. This is what they plan on.

And some still wonder why people are getting smarter at road stops and quoting their rights. although that won't last too much longer.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My buddy lost $1200 the other night.... $300 was stolen from him by some chick at a party, and $900 was stolen by the cops he called to catch her! No charges were filed, against the girl or him...
edit on 16-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: fixed some things

edit on 16-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: fixed some more things

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Too many people getting a piece of the pie. Cops take it, then split it with Judges, local and state politicians.

How can you fight corruption when the corrupt are the ones hearing the case or writing the law?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You've got to carry weapons
Cause you always carry cash.

Glenn Frey, Smuggler's Blues

top topics

join