It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange happened last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
At around 2 Am my girlfriend and I were watching the 1960`s version of 13 ghosts, and all of a sudden we hear this loud very loud sound coming from the sky as if a plane were landing or something so were standing there waiting for the sound to dissipate like any normal plane noise would.
But it kept at it for more than a minute. First thing that came to mind was airplane, then it lasted too long, then I started thinking it might be a plane crashing but alas, the sound kept going, then I thought the worst thing possible, asteroid. Before last night i never knew what it felt like to fear for your own life. Now I do. So after about 2 minutes the sound stopped and all was normal.
Now this same night I had an apocalyptic dream about an asteroid hitting the earth, it was so vivid i felt the heat from the incoming object, the sky was turning black and orange like fire and it was hard to breath the thick air, i woke up in a sweat. I'm sure that was just due to the experience i had earlier that night. But i feel i should mention that also about the dream.
Also before I forget maybe an hour or 2 before we heard the noise i felt a drastic change in the atmosphere as if i was going up in the air like on an aircraft, you know the ear popping and ringing? I felt that randomly, kind of creepy. But seriously, that sound was horrifying, i thought it was the end for sure. Sounded just like a low flying jet just sitting in one spot, or like something was falling very very fast.
Any thoughts guys?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

That's frightening. I've heard strange aircraft sounds at our house as well...twice, actually. The sounds didn't last that long, however. These sounds each lasted about 10 seconds. The sounds were really loud, causing our entire house to shake, and it sounded like a jet or plane hovering right above our house. The sounds eventually just stopped, with no sound of trailing off like a plane normally sounds when it flys off. I have no idea what it could be.

I LOVE the original 13 ghosts, btw.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thats a nearby natural gas plant doing routine pressure release test, sounds like a jet flying over ur head. The dream u had is not just u, lot of people experience foreign object hitting earth or the aftermath of that event

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, for future reference, if you are about to be snuffed by an asteroid and you actually do hear it, it wont be for long, maybe seconds, but not for a long period of time. Think about this. How fast do you see shooting stars race across the sky?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It would seem that you are not alone.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of people have been hearing strange rumbling sounds.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Good point good point. I just never experienced anything like this in my life. So you can understand why im so curious and fearful at the same time. Now that I think about it, now i remember the rumbling noise heard around the world thread. Very ironic if you ask me.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It would seem that you are not alone.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of people have been hearing strange rumbling sounds.
beat me to it!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There have been a couple threads about what might be the same thing a couple weeks ago.

Try hitting the search function, there are youtube videos posted as well.

From UFO mothership to Aurora secret engine and New Mdrid Fault farting, it's all been thought of.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well the dream is just to do with the fear you felt, but the noise is strange can I ask where in the world are you from.

ALS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Well the dream is just to do with the fear you felt, but the noise is strange can I ask where in the world are you from.

ALS
Oh I live in Michigan city Indiana, Maybe that dude has a point, because there is a power plant, but the sound was so close...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I hear aircraft all the time. Of course,I live 4 miles from Orlando International Airport so that may be why. Wonder why the OP didn't go out to investigate? I hear weird stuff and I start trying to find out the source.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

I hear aircraft all the time as well, but they never sound like they are right above our house like these odd sounds did. The strangest thing to me was the fact that there was no sound of trailing off like you would normally hear with airplanes or jets. One of the times we did go outside to investigate but there was no sight of an aircraft.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

i was hearing something like that today but the sky is covered with clouds and it has been raining here.also wanted to note i had similar dream few months ago.come to think about it,lately when its sunny,the ground has that color of my dream.weird since there was a tread here about the sun changing.by the way im in sweden.
was it cloudy in your area when that occur?
edit on 16-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
HS!!!!

Were are you at?? I heard a strange noise last night here in Northern Ireland. I live in Enniskillen and this noise lasted for a good minute and a half. The best way I can describe it was like a car with one of those exhausts that make the "Brrrrr" sound.

Only this was much, much louder. Woke me up at around 2am. Scared the life out of me and it woke my son.

Anyone else hopefully around Northern Ireland hear anything weird?
edit on 16-5-2011 by Xcellante because: Guess? lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I hear aircraft all the time. Of course,I live 4 miles from Orlando International Airport so that may be why. Wonder why the OP didn't go out to investigate? I hear weird stuff and I start trying to find out the source.
Oh i went outside afterward there was just an eerie silence.

Originally posted by bumpufirst

i was hearing something like that today but the sky is covered with clouds and it has been raining here.also wanted to note i had similar dream few months ago.come to think about it,lately when its sunny,the ground has that color of my dream.weird since there was a tread here about the sun changing.by the way im in sweden.
was it cloudy in your area when that occur?
edit on 16-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
it was raining all day before hand i dont think there were too many clouds.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
HS!!!!

Were are you at?? I heard a strange noise last night here in Northern Ireland. I live in Enniskillen and this noise lasted for a good minute and a half. The best way I can describe it was like a car with one of those exhausts that make the "Brrrrr" sound.

Only this was much, much louder. Woke me up at around 2am. Scared the life out of me and it woke my son.

Anyone else hopefully around Northern Ireland hear anything weird?
edit on 16-5-2011 by Xcellante because: Guess? lol
im in the midwest in America. a few people said the same thing they heard it around 2 am....thats ironic..

new topics

top topics

join