It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake in the garden of Eden - was it really a Reptilian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

thats fine, while you might not have respect for their beliefs, but i for one respect yours.. but deep down part of you cries out for the answers, or you wouldn't be here having this talk with me would you ?
I believe the universe came from nothing. its part of the chaos theory of creation.. the real question open to debate for me is the order of events, is time linear or is there just the moment? are we all just different manifestations of one mind and are alone here , talking to ourselves.. so my questions i seek answers too, are far beyond what many others want to know.. i mean how would you feel if every body here was just you in a slightly different form... living an eternity without anyone else... now thats what i believe it must feel like to be a god.. so we would choose to forget things along the way, just to make it more fun, you for example, you choose to forget where you came from, thats not wrong, just different, and thats why i could never disrespect you, your just me.. we are all the same just at slightly different times and places, spread though eternity, just having fun.
so enjoy the ride, its all we have at the moment

edit on 16-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

So much of what you have written rings true with me. I cant explain the whys or whens or the hows, but a fly's eye comes to mind. Each of us, well, not all of us, are a infinitesimal splinter, spark, of the great divine. Each living the life that was offered to them, in one fashion or another. Each to teach or learn at their own pace, and in their own time.

Someone earlier said we invented god so we could have an after life. Well maybe some did do just that, but what kind of world would we have if we didn't have those dreamers to dream an after life for us?

Logically speaking, the first forms of life on this planet were reptilian. I don't mean the two legged type, but the dinosaurs. What is to say we know for sure about all the life forms that were present. What you do have are the bones that survived to be discovered. That in no way gives you a complete picture of all life forms that could have existed so long ago. It just boggles my mind that people can be so certain of something hundreds of millions of years ago to state some type of life form was impossible. What of all the bones that will never be found, discovered?

To me, its far more logical that an intelligent life form, or species, did survive to this day, and due to its superior intellect, remains hidden from us, than the fairy tales told in the bible that I believe are taken completely out of context and reality. What absolute arrogance of humanity to say something is not possible when we as a species are only two hundred thousand years old, give or take, compared to something that may be millions of years old. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that a so called "Intelligent" person can not comprehend this possibility.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Thanks, yes its hard in my eyes to accept one story over another as to the first frames of this universal movie after the lights went down.
to me everything has some aspect of truth to it, wrapped in a layer of fog designed by our own connected mind to keep it more fun, geez it would suck to know everything all the time.. boring...
im just glad im in this place at such at a great turning point.. the ride is fun the food is great and hey the conversations are even better.
journey well friend.
and listen to the lyrics in this song, We Aussies have some great songs that fit the times more then many realise.

edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Good catch!

Does this make you a birther?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pygmaeus
reply to post by pepsi78

If you'd be so kind as to recount those experiences for me it would be much appreciated.

Experiences are difficult to put into words since it is hard to describe a sensation to someone who has never had one. I have a feeling this would not be enough for you anyway. Go and get in contact with and find God and have your own experiences is what I might be so bold as to suggest to you.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

S&F for you, I like to see people thinking outside the box. I am religious but I'm also the first to say that the bible doesnt have to be translated literally.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pygmaeus

Everyone is responsible for their reality to a certain extent. Apparently, your reality is that YOU evolved from an ape...CONGRATULATIONS!

Myself, I did not evolve from an ape.

P.S.
Supporters of science love to envoke the "where's the proof" shot. Creationists can counter with the same request. Where's the proof that humans evolved from apes/primates? That link hasn't been found yet...sort of how the proof of creation hasn't been found yet.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Your faith in ignorance astounds me. I love the religious people that insist that science hasn't proved our evolution from apes.

Overview of Human Evolution

Human's didn't evolve from apes? I guess it's just a coincidence that we share their morphology then? I guess it's a coincidence that they're almost genetically identical to us? There is no missing link, the scientific community has compiled enough conclusive evidence to say without a doubt that humans and apes share a common ancestor, humans and monkeys share a common ancestor, prosimians and humans share a common ancestor, humans and insectivorous mammals share a common ancestor.

You guys are all the same, he's Wendy Wright to demonstrate.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

Don't confuse your "nature" with notions you adopted as your own. Natural laws huh? So why are you trying to explain the natural with something that is not?

This made sense for me at the time, it came in a natural way for me. I said to my self there must be something more, a god, looking around me at things. It's what made me a beiliver, it's what did it for me.

Later came my expiriance, it is not connected in any way to what made me beilive in the first place, this convinced me 100% that there is a supreme god, a force that is aware, I also learned that there are other things that are not so welcoming and not so good. If you had an expiriance it would convince you too, but because you have not had one then this is why you are doubtful, I really can see that you need proof.

edit on 17-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

reply to post by pepsi78

Don't confuse your "nature" with notions you adopted as your own. Natural laws huh? So why are you trying to explain the natural with something that is not?

This made sense for me at the time, it came in a natural way for me. I said to my self there must be something more, a god, looking around me at things. It's what made me a beiliver, it's what did it for me.

Later came my expiriance, it is not connected in any way to what made me beilive in the first place, this convinced me 100% that there is a supreme god, a force that is aware, I also learned that there are other things that are not so welcoming and not so good. If you had an expiriance it would convince you too, but because you have not had one then this is why you are doubtful, I really can see that you need proof.

edit on 17-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

Question, do you think that having believed in god may have predisposed you to interpreting your "experience" as "religious/god"? Is it not possible that you already had the idea that "god" existed and were just looking for things to validate your own faith based belief?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

"Don't fight it, don't fight, don't fight it, if you don't know what it is" Im not fighting "it" because I don't know what it is. I'm fighting, to "know" what it is...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Fair enough, I can't argue it directly although I would like to say that we can't always immediately discount subjective or anecdotal evidence outright just because it lies outside our area of awareness.

And this is why I am cognitive dissonance - so much we just cannot know as there is so little we do.

Be well.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

"Don't fight it, don't fight, don't fight it, if you don't know what it is" Im not fighting "it" because I don't know what it is. I'm fighting, to "know" what it is...

Yes. i was more referring to the verse aboutthe broken path we helped create

But i just wonder if all we are fighting is a mere shadow of ourselves.
to know ourselves is to know what we are fighting
edit on 18-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

to know ourselves is to know what we are fighting
Yes, undoubtedly. I have come to my own self actualization that I am a duality of flesh and spirit, not bone, as I suspect was substituted somewhere in our dark past. Flesh and spirit, not flesh and bone. Just a simple play on words to side track the mind set.

But what are the components that were brought together to create the human race as we know it today? I sit here looking at the back of my hands and not help to notice the very small wrinkles in my skin that resemble scales. Anyone ever suffer with scaly skin? Is it just a medical condition, or might it be a genetic throwback from our fleshy ancestors millions of years ago. Genetics have come a long way......

For some reason in the back of my mind I find the term "Alien" to be backwards as in the horse before the cart. Maybe these aliens are the original intelligent life form that rose to a semi intellectual status millions of years before we were ever considered. For some odd reason I see the original flesh and the original spirit plotting, planning, rehearsing a day when the two would merge. Would it not be logical for that original flesh to look at this new life form as a "Alien" in their midst? To them, we humans who are spirited and have choice, are the real "Aliens". We must be capable of some absolutely amazing feats for them to create such a long lived defensive strategy against us. Their fear of us must be tremendous for them to take such steps as creating a whole new Eco system on another celestial body, and implement a psychological war of ignorance and control. If this were not true they would still be here playing the role of the biblical "Lord God".

Sorry, I can get too deep sometimes.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Question, do you think that having believed in god may have predisposed you to interpreting your "experience" as "religious/god"? Is it not possible that you already had the idea that "god" existed and were just looking for things to validate your own faith based belief?

It was not a religios expiriance, I now understand that religion is only good for study and that you don't have to be religios in nature, this would include ceremonies, rituals and so on.

Religion is a good source of information, to study and come to a conclusion, but I am not an adept into religion practice. For example many things that are writen in the bible are true, but it will not make me dress in a robe, make icons and items out of what is writen and then worship them. I don't think god the supreme god is religios.

As to validate my own belief there was a small part of me before that was in doubt yes, a small procent. When we all go and say sometimes when things go bad, "life is crap, there is nothing out there" But in general I was very strong into my belief, rooted into it without any happening/expiriance.

edit on 19-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join