It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sort of an intro....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
OK, I'm not really a noob; I came here looking for some help.

The thing is: I can't seem to get my avatar to work. I've followed all the instructables; I've read all the FAQs; I've viewed the out-of-date video. But nothing seems to cover my actual problem. When I go to Tools, I see, over in the right-had pane, the following:

"ALERT!

YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

Click here to access your photo album page, or here to learn more."

Upon clicking "here" (the first one) I'm taken to the Media Portal login page. An attempt to log in simply refreshes the page, but with an error message: "The following errors have occurred: * Incorrect username or password. Please try again!"

As manager of my company's IT department, I'm embarrassed to confess that I've tried this at least a hundred times in the past year, with the identical result. (Well, you know: I keep thinking that maybe it's been fixed!)

I know I've seen several people mention this, but I've yet to see anyone offer a definitive, working answer. I've seen a lot of guesses and suggestions; just no real answer. Someone said that you have to use the original sign-up password you used when you joined; but I've no more chance of remembering my original password than... well, let's just say zero chance.

So: Anyone who can help? Anyone who has actually solved this? Anyone who's found the real, working answer?

Anyone....?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I may suggest this, it might work.

Ty requsting a new pasword for the Media Portal of ATS only.
Look in your email for it, and that should do the trick.

Hope this helps, if not let me know.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks. That worked... sort of. I was able to reset my password and get in; I was able to upload the picture; I clicked *Options* and set as avatar. Not working yet. But at least I can get there now, so I can continue to work with it.

Thanks again....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can't either! The ats media site says my screen name doesn't exist. What's going on??

new topics

top topics

join