It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 People found dead at Guatemalan farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Okay so I'm not the greatest at starting threads or anything because a lot of people do not like my personal views, but hopefully a lot of you will share my opinion on this

Security forces in Guatemala have found 27 bodies, the majority of which were decapitated, at a farm in the northern region of Peten, Col. Rony Urizar, an army spokesman, said Sunday.
Among the victims were two women and 25 men, he said.
Peten is the northernmost part of Guatemala, which borders Mexico.
Urizar declined to say what might be behind the killings, but did not rule out the possibility they could be related to drug trafficking.
He said the military is assisting police in the investigation.
Guatemala has seen a significant spike in drug violence, including clashes between authorities and members of the Zetas drug cartel, Guatemalan Interior Minister Carlos Menocal told CNN en Espanol last year.
In December, the government declared a state of siege and sent hundred of troops to Alta Verapaz where officials say the Mexican drug gang is overtaking towns and threatening residents. Alta Verapaz is the region directly south of Peten.
More than 200,000 people have been killed in Guatemala since 1970, mostly as a result of organized crime, drug-trade violence and a 36-year civil war that ended in 1996.
The vast majority of murders in the country are never solved.

Source: www.cnn.com...

The war on drugs in Mexico and throughout all of Latin America seems a bit more important than The War on "Terror". I mean a helluva lot more people have died due to murder for drugs and money. These people are right below us and are way more of a threat than the terrorists. These people are trickling into the US and in a violent way. No wonder we have Mexican citizens running into America. They're running here for safety. No where in Latin America is safe anymore. It's an allout war in Mexico. The police there are outnumbered and outgunned. What do you expect the citizens to do. Of course there's no work there all the employers are being killed. This is been going on for a long time and our Government isn't taking them seriously. These drug dealers are making billions of dollars of their contraband and it's not fair for the citizens being caught in the crossfire.

So my question for y'all is; do you find this more threatening than terrorists on another continent? Or are you more worried about the threat on our own continent?

So let's stop talking about unconfirmed projects and unconfirmed plans the Government has for a while and talk about a fact that is happening as we sit in our comfy little chairs, beds, or whatever. This is true things that is happening to real people and 200,000 people dead is a lot more than the twin towers and everyone that's been killed in the middle east so far since our little war over there began. C'mon people.

Like I said I'm bad at posting but I think I got my point across.
edit on 16-5-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: spacing

edit on 16-5-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: add something

edit on 17-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I guess imaginary things are more entertaining to y'all. but whatever keep posting about you're one world gov't and strange mind control devices that don't exist. I'll be a lone a wolf in this i suppose

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
you're not really alone as many people seem to hold the idea that protecting our borders is the way to go...but I personally don't see why we can't just go and kill these cartels once and for all just like we've gone and killed terrorists overseas except these ones aren't overseas...they're over the fence...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well it happens in Mexico and the mama is not reporting on the violence that has begun spilling into the US. These cartels are also working in large cities here, so it is just a matter of time. However I think it is going to pretty much affect those involved and rivals and such, unless you are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Yeah, that's a good idea; let's use up more diminishing resources and money to start yet another war.

Second line.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Not much to be done with the war on drugs.. If we legalised marijuana and spent part of the money we use to fight it to help industrialise Mexico things would be a billion times better.. But every conservative out there would throw a fit.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

Yeah, that's a good idea; let's use up more diminishing resources and money to start yet another war.

Second line.

A war that actually matters dude. the war on "terror" doesnt affect us but this drug war is going to affect us and you'll be regretting those ignorant words

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

But every conservative out there would throw a fit.

Why does it have to be conservatives that would throw a fit? What liberal do you see actively pursuing de-criminaliztion of drugs?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Problem is there's a lot of cartels and once you kill off one of the you'd only get another one or two popping up in it's place. Also the government of Guatamala are so corrupt that even their drug tsar got arrested last year. It's one hell of a problem and it's not going away quickly.

To me it's like the prohibition of the 1920's, once something is illegal it creates loads of gangsters and de-stabalises governments and society generally.

edit on 16-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo fixing

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

Libs have been for legalisation for several years, its always been the old, the right, and such who has held things back.. Hell look who started the war on drugs XD lol Or look who has fought for marijuana to be legal thus far and gotten things to where they are now even.. Wasnt many repubs, and you dont see many right wing states letting people do it..

Politics to me comes down to this.. No one doing us any real favors but we always have a lesser of evils, one team doing more damage on a subject then the other.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Give them time and they will kill or capture them. Us is more involved in Mexico drug war than most willing to admit. .

US Drones Patrol Mexico

US law enforcement in Mexico surges

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

A war that actually matters dude. the war on "terror" doesnt affect us but this drug war is going to affect us and you'll be regretting those ignorant words

Please do not call me dude, for I am not your friend nor do I know you. Either do not call me anything, or refer to me by my screen name. Also, do not call my words ignorant; they aren't. You are clearly delusional if you believe that what you quantify as a war that "actually matters dude" necessarily means that our politicians and leaders feel the same way. I can guarantee you they would disagree.

What threat do central American thugs pose to you and I? None. So why waste valuable money and resources (that are SCARCE mind you) to deal with a problem that does not threaten our national security? You think a bunch of Mexican drug lords intend to invade the United States? Please.

The War on Drugs is a problem; it is a waste of money, and again, a waste of resources. The way you deal with it is by either discontinuing the WoD, or by de-criminalizing drugs altogether. The way you DO NOT deal with it is by sending troops/special forces/police into a sovereign nation. That is blind stupidity.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Judge_Holden

Well if we used the monies we spend feeding and housing and welfare the illegals receive, and the money it costs to house the illegals in our prisons, it would probably pay for itself.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Why do wefar want to industrialized Mexico? It the the job of the Mexican government. We have lost too many jobs to Mexico already, and the Mexicans don't want to work for the wages they are paid there. It is time the US took care of the US, and other countries took care of their own.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Second line.

Diminishing? Have you take a look at the national debt lately? We can't finance what we're engaged in now and haven't been able to for a decade ... so obviously financial resources are only so relevant. I say, go after the cartels. The more we can bogged down in the better!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Why does it have to be conservatives that would throw a fit? What liberal do you see actively pursuing de-criminaliztion of drugs?

Is this one of those trick questions or something?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Why do wefar want to industrialized Mexico? It the the job of the Mexican government. We have lost too many jobs to Mexico already, and the Mexicans don't want to work for the wages they are paid there. It is time the US took care of the US, and other countries took care of their own.

While making a good point, you succeeded in proving mine: why is it the job of the United States to deal with Mexico's problem's involving drug cartels? You rightfully suggest that it is not our job to industrialize them, which I can absolutely agree with. So again, why intervene into their domestic crime problem?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Give them time and they will kill or capture them. Us is more involved in Mexico drug war than most willing to admit. .

US Drones Patrol Mexico

US law enforcement in Mexico surges

I'm glad to hear that. Because all of those poor people need the help. I personally think we should make Mexico part of the US and industrialize it. The Mexican man and woman are hard working and would agree to it I think. But I really can't speak for them.

top topics

join