It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "they" and "why" of the chemtrails

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by GringoViejo
Yet it is based in fear and ignorance, not logic or fact.

It’s logic not in the area of chemtrails but in the area of motivation: you’re all paid to prove chemtrails are contrails.

Got any evidence for that?

Of course not - it's an outright lie, and in some countries it would be libel and actionable in court.

It is symptomatic of the pathetic lengths to which the chemtrail faithful will got to that you invent another hoax to cover the first one when you can't actually find any facts to back it up with.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
.... you’re all paid to prove chemtrails are contrails. .

But what you call chemtrail ARE contrails

And if anyone knows someone who'd pay me to state basic meteorology and to reference scientific papers and research on the internet, then please, please, please let me know - I could really do with some extra cash right now!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Or how 'bout the world is so screwed up and wrong that we all are looking for a reason why, and how to make it better.

I know I am. -2nd line.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here's my uneducated and untrained eye giving my definition since 1996:

Contrail = excess of water and condensation in vapor trails from an aircraft... Trails last anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams.

Chemtrail = excess of chemical spraying in vapor trails from an aircraft. Trails last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams... yet turn into man made clouds and turn a bright clear blue sky into reflective, dull white cloudy skies, with rain ensuing within a few hours, most likely drifting to another nearby city, bringing light showers.

Why do I frequent this board anymore? Seriously.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
From what I have seen personally they don't look like contrails, but hey maybe your right and my gut feeling about them when I first started seeing them and never heard of "chemtrails" was completely wrong, although I'll trust my gut over random people on the internet any day.

Very wise. But do you trust your gut over science? And the non-random people on and off the internet, the scientists and meteorologists, who ALL (millions of them) either tell you they are contrails, or have somehow failed to notice there are these strange trails in the sky.

So, since I'm answering all your questions how about answering mine, do you believe there has never been a chemtrail sprayed ever? Anywhere? That every single case is just a persistent contrail?

Chemicals are sprayed all the time. Pest control is a common usage. Skywriting is another. Test planes spray smoke for vortex studies. Other planes spray water for icing test. Fuel is dumped, ballast is dumped. Galleys are drained. Chaff and flares are ejected. There are a whole bunch of things going on that look a bit like contrails, but are not. But they are not "chemtrails" either, unless you want to get semantic. I made a list:

contrailscience.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathproof
Contrail = excess of water and condensation in vapor trails from an aircraft... Trails last anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams.

So can you explain why that contradicts the entirety of known science? Start with the encyclopedia:

Contrail, streamer of cloud sometimes observed behind an airplane flying in clear, cold, humid air. It forms upon condensation of the water vapour produced by the combustion of fuel in the airplane engines. When the ambient relative humidity is high, the resulting ice-crystal plume may last for several hours. The trail may be distorted by the winds, and sometimes it spreads outwards to form a layer of cirrus cloud.
vapour trail. (2007). In Encyclopædia Britannica.Retrieved May 4, 2007,from Encyclopædia Britannica Online:

www.britannica.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathproof
Here's my uneducated and untrained eye giving my definition since 1996:

Chemtrail = excess of chemical spraying in vapor trails from an aircraft. Trails last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams... yet turn into man made clouds and turn a bright clear blue sky into reflective, dull white cloudy skies, with rain ensuing within a few hours, most likely drifting to another nearby city, bringing light showers.

Why do I frequent this board anymore? Seriously.

I wonder why I frequent this board as well, especially when someone like you says that a contrail can't last more than 30 minutes when it is made up of the same thing as a cloud!

I never noticed "chemclouds" until 1996 when I heard about a paper from the Air Force's University. Since then I've realized that clouds are behaving differently, since when do clouds persist in the sky!?

If "chemtrails" are being sprayed to dumb down the population, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by adeclerk
I have a few questions for the chemtrail believers.

1. Who is the "they" in the chemtrail conspiracy? Is it the government? Terrorist organizations? Other groups?

Given the number of aircraft involved, and global range of alleged spraying, it's must be a massively powerful international group, bigger than the illuminati or NWO. Possibly aliens with unlimited resources at their disposal?

• If the spraying is suppossed to be a covert operation, why have they created "chemtrails" that behave in the same way as a normal contrail? (And for those who claim chemtrails behave differently from normal contrails, why did they design "chemtrails" that are so obvious, isn't it a covert operation?)

• the point I keep making - I'm unaware of any form of high level spraying that would normally visible from the ground. Therefore they must be deliberately making the substances they spray act exactly the same as normal jet engine exhausts in order to draw attention to what they are doing .....

• A lot of chemtrail believers state that they can tell the difference between a "chemtrail" and a contrail, and yet no photographic evidence exists. Can someone show me a photo of a "chemtrail" and a photo of a contrail, and explain how they look different?

• A chemtrail looks like a chemtrail and is different from a contrail because a chemtrail beleiver says so.

• Since chemtrail believers do not trust the opinion of NASA, the USAF and other government organizations who have published documents that dispel the chemtrail myth, why do you accept the hypothetical paper "Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025" from the USAF Academy as evidence of spraying?

• Because they want to: all evidence is false/fake/unreliable except that which supports their conjecture

• I hear a lot of talk of debunkers being "disinfo agents" and "shills". My question for the believers is who is paying these disinfo agents and what is the motivation for the debunkers to perpetuate a lie that may be killing their friends and family? What has stopped one of these "shills" from using the "inside information" (that they would surely have) to blow the lid off of the whole chemtrail conspiracy?

• No-one - we do it all for fun!

• Finally, why do chemtrail believers require no evidence to support the existence of chemtrails, and yet they ask for "evidence" or "proof" that spraying is not occurring. Seems a little odd to me.

• 'nuff said, eh?

edit on 17-5-2011 by Essan because: typo

You want to know the answer to these questions? See if you can argue against this one

NAVY and NASA - The REAL "Chemtrails"

Good luck,
    -Alien

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Alien Abduct

I hope you're not serious. HAARP, Navy Space Command, need we get into anymore conspiracy myths?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Alien Abduct

I know that thread very well, was here when zorgon made it!!

He chose that title specifically to twist my tail, you realize?

No....Look carefully at the underlying premise of that concept. All of is involves space-based activities, and possibilities for mediating weather, in the event it should become necessary, to save the climate.

In space.

Could not be more clear, this has nothing at all to do with airplanes, and the silly claims of "chem"-trailers....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
    link   
    reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwacker well its been a long time. Yes I was here when he made the thread too. Anyways, I just wanted to divert this thread to a more suitable environment as there are already enough threads of this kind on ATS.

I remember you Weedwacker your the pilot good to hear from you again.

Oh, and to the other guy HAARP is real and not just a conspiratorial concept.

-Alien

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
    link   

Originally posted by zatara
    But then again you can spray wherever you want....even without an other plane insight.

So let me get this straight, you can spray at any altitude you want, and yet they choose to do so high up in the air where the "chemtrail" would have to fall several miles before hitting the ground? How do they know if they are even hitting the areas they want?

A better question, why don't we see this planes "spraying" at low altitudes where it would make sense to be spraying? Is it possibly because they aren't spraying anything, that they are just making contrails (since contrails typically only form at higher altitudes, provided the conditions are right)?

I guess no pilot has ever thought to hit the mythical "chemtrail on" switch close to the ground.

You seem to know why they spray at certain heights and why they do so....how are you so sure they are trying to cover the ground? What if the purpose of spraying is intended for covering a surface in the sky....? You know....against radiation.

You know what the problem is my friend.....if you do not know what they are spraying and why they are are spraying there is no use for debating the altitude they are spraying. I do not know why and what...do you?

edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: spellig

edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: grammar reasons

edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: I forgot something

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
    reply to post by weedwhacker

HAARP is real and not just a conspiratorial concept.

You are correct, but it is not "modifying the weather" or "causing earthquakes" or even "controlling minds". It heats the atmosphere slightly, there is nothing conspiracy related about it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
    link   
    reply to post by zatara

Again, you make the bold claim that they can spray at any altitude, so I ask you: Why do they not "spray" during takeoff or landing, or during low level flight?

(Hint: It's because they aren't spraying, the planes are just making contrails.)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
    link   
    reply to post by adeclerk

You lost me there....you do know more about chemtrails than me and many other peole, that is what I know.

I realise that it is close to impossible if not impossible to make you doubt your vision on the chemtrail issue but here I have some pictures I would like you and everybody interested to see. To be thoughrough I must inform you that I got these pictures from the internet and could have been doctered. If any doubt, make use of your common sence because it is the best tool to seperate the fake from the real ones.

Do you agree that there is nothing out of the ordinairy in the picture above because it is how the sky should look like on a normal workday? Only between certain hours of the day the planes fly over and leave these contrails behind.

It is a common game among pilots to make checkerboards during lunchtime.....right.

A real surprising specific place where the contrails are formed...

And as last a little test.......Do you see anything what is not normal in this picture?
    edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
    link   
    reply to post by zatara

Problem is, "they" are not "spraying" up at high altitudes, at all. Not for "radiation" reasons, not for any reason.

Yet. It may come to pass, one day. When/if it does, will be BIG news, and there will be no doubt. Will be very controversial, and will be International in scope.

The only thing that is occurring, as yet, are contrails. The contrails can sometimes (not always) remain, and linger as cirrus-type clouds. In that sense, they are affecting solar radiation in the same way any clouds will.

What the "chem"-trail sites don't say (or don't understand) is just how TINY a percentage of the Earth's atmosphere is actually affected by these artificially-induced cirrus clouds, as a result of airplane engines in the upper atmosphere.

It is a small fraction of the overall Earth's surface that can ever be affected.

THREE QUARTERS of the Earth's surface is ocean, right?? Think about it...and watch this:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
    link   
    All these chemtrail believers and yet no one takes any telephoto pictures of the planes doing it.
    It’s like seeing a string of murders taking place down the street, day after day and no one bothers to take any pictures.

Remember the missile plume some months ago? So many stories and theories based on ignorance.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zatara

I know enough about "chemtrails" to know they are bunk, It's just contrails, nothing to be afraid of.

I wish you could answer the question about the low altitude spraying, though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Uncinus

Originally posted by Uncinus

Very wise. But do you trust your gut over science? And the non-random people on and off the internet, the scientists and meteorologists, who ALL (millions of them) either tell you they are contrails, or have somehow failed to notice there are these strange trails in the sky.

I never said anything about science not being right and I never said the experts were wrong. I never claimed what I did not see personally to be a chemtrail, and to be fair the experts weren't there with me to see them so how they can blow it off without knowing or seeing anything about it? Seems pretty unscientific.

Chemicals are sprayed all the time. Pest control is a common usage. Skywriting is another. Test planes spray smoke for vortex studies. Other planes spray water for icing test. Fuel is dumped, ballast is dumped. Galleys are drained. Chaff and flares are ejected. There are a whole bunch of things going on that look a bit like contrails, but are not. But they are not "chemtrails" either, unless you want to get semantic. I made a list:

contrailscience.com...

Great list really, so yeah sure I'm open to believing what I've seen could have been anyone of these things mentioned(although none of the pictures on that page look like what I see except maybe for the very top image), but what I meant was in regards to the geo-engineering they have already planned for but just haven't officially started. I think I've made it clear many times that I do not know what they consist of, or who is spraying it or why they're spraying it, but of course you ignore most parts of my posts...

The point I'm trying to make is the way I feel when I see these things above me. And don't think every time I see a line in the sky I'm screaming chemtrail, I see pretty long contrails sometimes and weird cloud formations and stuff I realize the vast vast majority of what people call chemtrails are contrails.

You have to understand the answers I gave are a theory I am not claiming them to be fact! The OP asked for answers and gave him one viewpoint on the subject, this is a conspiracy website where one should be able to put forth a conspiracy theory especially when it's not all that far-fetched, I guess I didn't realize how heated the subject was...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
    link   

You don't need evidence? You just take this whole "chemtrail" thing on faith? Did you ever wonder why Art Bell started talking about "chemtrails"? Or why he started selling a cream to alleviate joint ache in people who believed that they were being "chemtrailed" and it was making them sick?

Yeah that's right I don't need evidence, it's a theory for discussion I'm not claiming facts or trying to prove something. When your sitting around a table with some friends discussing and theorizing about things do you demnad evidence everytime someone puts forth an idea?

And no I don't take the "whole chemtrail thing" on faith, if you actually read my posts you would know that. And I honestly have no idea who Art Bell is or what he talks about, never heard of his creams or anything about his claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join