It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top court says PM, ministers not subject to info law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When a government which is supposed to be working for the people must keep things secret, it begs one to wonder what must be kept secret when your actions are for the benefit of the peoples of the country in which you work for. Truth will be proudly shown the light of day, but deception must be done under the cover of darkness. If we can judge Western and European democratic agencies by the fruits of their works, then we must come to the conclusion that the fruit is bitter and therefore their works are evil.

"The public does not have a right to access all documents in the offices of cabinet ministers or the prime minister, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled Friday in a unanimous decision.

The top court upheld a Federal Court of Appeal decision, and sided with the federal government in a decade-old legal battle with the information commissioner.

Had the federal government lost its case Friday, it could have vastly expanded the scope of Canada's access-to-information law and potentially have allowed Canadians to get a closer look at the inner workings of the Prime Minister's Office and ministers' offices, including who they meet with on a daily basis."

Top court says PM, ministers not subject to info law

Canada can now be run by secrets legally. What fruit can we expect now? I expect it to be some sort of genetically modified fruit, but bad fruit none-the-less.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So now the government can keep secrets from its citizens? That is not good at all. Just imagine what they can get away with now

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

So now the government can keep secrets from its citizens? That is not good at all. Just imagine what they can get away with now

Remove now, and replace with with "always". governments have always done this, our government is just bold enough, and knows the people are apathetic and uninvolved enough, to actually put it on paper.

Just goes to show you what happens when 55% of the 58% of canadians who voted vote conservative.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Federally appointed CONSERVATIVE voting judges agreeing with a conservative Government's decision ??? Wow who would of thunk it ???? lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ya but now im thinking late night bill passing for the NAU or worse...i agree that Canadians are not involved enough with what is happening with our country. They just follow along and take the PM's word for it most of the time. people need to wake up and see what is really happening around them and how its going to affect their and their childrens lives

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

The sad thing is, no matter how many people are awake they will continue with their hidden agenda, and now it will remain hidden. I guess they don't want people to know about the Ministers and PM attending Bildenburger meetings or CFR meetings or IMF meetings, or.... I guess the list could go on, but you know what I mean.

Just remember there is a season for everything under the sun, now is their season, but when winter comes it kills all that was before to rejuvenate new life for spring. Stay strong in your morals and practice of virtue for every kind act not only helps you and those around you, but your city, region, county, state province, world, solar system, galaxy......I think this goes on for infinity so I'll stop there. :-)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

The sad thing is, no matter how many people are awake they will continue with their hidden agenda, and now it will remain hidden. I guess they don't want people to know about the Ministers and PM attending Bildenburger meetings or CFR meetings or IMF meetings, or....

You are correct and of course the Mass Media is worse than useless since it is the propaganda branch of most governments (or the powers behind them)

new topics

top topics

join