It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For people who believe in Elenin or Planet X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
From what I can gather about these objects
some people say these objects are followed by UFo or are UFOS, some believe the inhabitant will save us from a upcoming disaster.

I want to know how are these Beliefs any different from the Heavens Gate UFO Cult/Religion?

From Wikipedia

After claiming that a space craft was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp, Applewhite convinced 38 followers to commit suicide so that their souls could board the supposed craft.

Do know this has all been done before?..
Do you care?

Are you Ok with being in the same "theory/ballpark" as Cults?
edit on 16-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

I've heard of people believing that Elenin may smack into us, or a second comet that follows it (name escapes me) will be pulled into earth on it's flyby shortly after by Elenin/Earth combo altering it's path, or that we will smack right into Elenin's debris field. All of which I have also heard as fear mongering lies.

This is the first I've heard of such heavens gate like beliefs about the comet. Might you have a source for this?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm just going off the there's a UFO after Comet Elenin Thread, that seems to be spreading through the internet on other sites.

The just googling Planet X has a lot of theories with that also.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i can believe that there is a comet out there with our name on it with out getting alien probed cant i?
at this point i think the most that might happen is we pass though the debris cloud, but thats not going to do any damage, maybe give us a bit of a light show..
but i wouldnt rule out that we might get hit by an ELE comet at some stage, but to put a date on it.. pfft, im not going there.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

I've heard of people believing that Elenin may smack into us, or a second comet that follows it (name escapes me) will be pulled into earth on it's flyby shortly after by Elenin/Earth combo altering it's path, or that we will smack right into Elenin's debris field. All of which I have also heard as fear mongering lies.

This is the first I've heard of such heavens gate like beliefs about the comet. Might you have a source for this?

It's actually an asteroid, not a second comet:

Asteroid 2005 YU
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dude.... Most people worried about elenin do not believe there is a UFO/fleet behind it. And even if I might entertain the possibility, I am not in the same boat as cultists because the heaven's gate people believed they were gonna get picked up by the UFO and that they had to kill themselves in order to make this happen.

So... Anyone here believe that? No? Didn't think so.

The op seems to think anyone with any concerns about any comet is just like some nutcases who committed mass suicide. That's a little silly don't you think?

You are wrong in your assumption. Charles Manson did some things that are wrong. So, in my mind, you are just in the same boat as cultists. You see how silly that sounds?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yeah, thats the one, thanks.

So No? There is no source for the claim that people are developing a heavens gate like cult following about this comet? Just speculation that there is a UFO behind it? Sounds newsworthy to me.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Im pretty sure this is an attempt to ride the Elenin threads coat tails for some S&F's. Kind of like how we saw a bunch of OBL threads created without substance when he was killed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this post.

Also, "people who believe in Elenin" like it's not a real comet that's been tracked for quite a number of months by NASA and others? Or those who think Elenin will hit/swoop close by? That could've been made clearer.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

A mystery without enough clues! I would like to offer a possible clue. If Elenin is capable of producing a seismic event, then this should occur about Sept. 27, 2011 with an alignment.

If the alignment takes place earlier could it mean the Elenin's orbit is somewhat different? If it is way earlier then Elenin could pass in front of the earth's orbit missing it by a good distance. If it is only a little earlier, then it could place Elenin and the earth in the same spot at the same time.

More scientifically, there is, it seems more than one program for determining the location of near earth objects. One of the programs (from rumor only) seems to place Elenin closer than the other. But doe not mean that the program is accurate. I don't have it and couldn't run it if I did.

Anyhow, there is something to look at much sooner. Comet McNaught c1 may be visible in a planetary alignment on June 1-3.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
has anyone refuted the fact that maybe heavens gate cult people did get picked up'd be a ufo... i think not hahahaa

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Your logic only comes from not fully understanding what "elenin" ot "planet X" is supposed to mean. It's meaning brought fourth from the many New age Beliefs and from sources in mayan prophecy and the Book of Ra.

The view is that this entity is only a piece of what will bring fourth the Golden Age that is spoken of. From what I understand, it is a catalyst to the Awakening of humanity. It is not about doom and gloom, but more, ir will bring an understanding that all life is sacred, and that we as humans are all connected and are part of the Divine.

There is no cultist belief of death in these predictions, but new life and a love for one another. Though, this is a simplified version.

Much Love

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think the OP makes perfect sense. He/she is asking why believing that a UFO trails Comet Elenin is in any way different from the Heavens Gate cult belief that a UFO was behind Comet Hale-Bopp. Where do these strange beliefs come from? Where is the evidence that Comet Elenin is being trailed by a UFO? It's just scare mongering by idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I keep repeating this, and I will keep on repeating it until the message is received. Comet Elenin is a NORMAL comet, moving in a NORMAL, highly elliptical solar orbit. There is no UFO behind it. There is no chance whatsoever that it will change direction and hit Earth. There is noting unusual about it. Please stop worrying about Comet Elenin!

top topics

join