It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Donald Trump Won't Run for 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Don't think it's on here yet, can't find any threads.

Donald Trump has announced that he won't be running for President in 2012.

I personally wonder if he was accidentally pre empted on his announcement by NBC releasing their fall schedule over the weekend clearly showing "Celebrity Apprentice" as one of their shows.

There was rampant speculation starting in MSM as to whether the show would survive without him, and to keep the speculation to a minimum it was important that he announce his decision right away.

If this is true, it was a sign of very bad management from Mr. Trump that he didn't realize this schedule would be released before he was planning on making the announcement on the "Celebrity Apprentice" finale.

Moderates and Crazies are now starting to back out of the Republican race. It's a sign of the times when we're more interested in the candidates who have announced that they AREN'T running than in those who have already announced that they ARE running. Shows how weak the GOP field is this year.

I would think front runner has got to be for a ROMNEY / HUCKABEE ticket now ? Huckabee announced he wouldn't run for President, but didn't say he wouldn't consider being a VP.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It's a sign that no one really wants to go up against Obama.

Despite the rhetoric they spew...they know the facts...and they know it will be hard to beat him.

That is why it will probably be some arrogant fool like Newt who gets the Republican nomination.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Like this was really news for those with common sense!

I hope this stunt destroys his career now.
He is a media-whore trying to save a failing tv show.
edit on 5/16/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is good news imo, im an aussie and even i was like what the ??? when i heard he was running, i felt pity for you guys...
then i was scared for the rest of the world as well, i mean that hair has to be some sort of weapon of mass destruction.. of the biological kind...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Why is this breaking news? Trump was never going to run. He's a democratic media plant.

And seriously, Huckabe or Romney, Please!!! Get these a-holes out of here.

Ron Paul or Hermain Cain are our best bets.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, if one wants to look at this from a conspiracy-related angle, then you could say that he's done his job superbly...

High-profile business and media celebrity announces his supposed candidacy in the 2012 presidential elections, then goes after Obama and his birth certificate.

Obama - under pressure from a high-flying personality - then whips it out ( if you'll excuse the expression ) and, in doing so, makes the ''birthers'' look a bit silly.

Trump's antics and questioning of Obama's natural-born citizenship have only benefited Obama.

edit on 16-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, he did get Obama to release a phony long-form birth certficate.

The election isn't for another year and a half.

The only thing Obama can look forward to (IMHO) winning is another game of golf.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Well, he did get Obama to release a phony long-form birth certficate.

The election isn't for another year and a half.

The only thing Obama can look forward to (IMHO) winning is another game of golf.

He golfs???? Since when???

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if the Donald had this all planned out from the start. I can remember him making numerous tv appearances by phone and in person, on different media networks (mainly Fox) giving advise on the gulf oil spill, economy etc. I guess he saw his commentary getting a little air play so he ran with it!

I think he was never serious about applying for a job that entailed helping America, he did however help himself to a little free publicity for his show. Desperate times call for...Smart move..
edit on 16-5-2011 by skindoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think Obama walks away with the election unless the Republicans put up a viable candidate which, let's face it, ain't gonna happen. As much as I would like to see Ron Paul or Gary Johnson walk away with the ticket, chances are, the Repooplicans (how hilariously immature
) are going to put up some talking head shill like Newt Gingrich or a phony flip-flopping Romney.

Still, I do think that Ron Paul's chances are better than they have ever been, and now is the time to get more feet on the ground in order to spread the gospel of the good doctor. Once again, I can proudly say that I will be one of the thousands of pattering feet.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."

Oh, and back on topic: what is a Donald Trump anyway? Is it even a thing?

edit on 16-5-2011 by Judge_Holden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is funny, Trump was the world's most pathetic birther. Caving in on the first chance he could get. Out of the millions of people who know without a doubt the long form is a fake you'd think Trump would have one of his high paid assistants inform him of this. If he does know, he is a coward for not coming out with the truth.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok first i dont think Donald was ever serious about his campaign for presidency. Second i dont think Obama will take it either. are the people of the states not mad about his presidency? He hasnt done anything he said he would do...and started more wars with other countries. do the Americans really want him for a second term?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skindoc
Makes me wonder if the Donald had this all planned out from the start. I can remember him making numerous tv appearances by phone and in person, on different media networks (mainly Fox) giving advise on the gulf oil spill, economy etc. I guess he saw his commentary getting a little air play so he ran with it!

I think he was never serious about applying for a job that entailed helping America, he did however help himself to a little free publicity for his show. Desperate times call for...Smart move..

I agree with you on this one. Trump is a smart business man who understands economics and international trade and business. Many people in US wanted to understand what was going on in the economy. As we know, the govt kept bullsh****g to the public, so Trump came out on FOX, Facebook, Youtube, and other media to inform us what is really going on, and if he became President then what he would do.

Moreover, this gained momentum like you said, so he got more people to follow his lead and ideas. With that in mind, he used product positioning of his show Apprentice to get people to be aware that the show exists (for those that are new to watching it) and that we should watch it.

I've been a Trump fan for a long time. Read the books, watched his speeches and tv shows. I also have his real estate board & PC games. He is a great business leader, but when it comes down to politics....running against Obama would be a tough fight. Best stay out of politics, but do work on helping the economy (Trump).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Why is this breaking news? Trump was never going to run. He's a democratic media plant.

And seriously, Huckabe or Romney, Please!!! Get these a-holes out of here.

Ron Paul or Hermain Cain are our best bets.

Ron Paul is definitely OUR best bet, but unfortunately, what's best for the people doesn't usually work out. MSM is still busy telling the world why Ron Paul would be a horrendous problem. Trust me, while it won't be what's best for the country, ROMNEY / HUCKABEE will probably (and unfortunately) be the ticket for 2012 for GOP.
edit on 16-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
This is funny, Trump was the world's most pathetic birther. Caving in on the first chance he could get. Out of the millions of people who know without a doubt the long form is a fake you'd think Trump would have one of his high paid assistants inform him of this. If he does know, he is a coward for not coming out with the truth.

Trump never was a real birther. We was a plant by Obama to stir up this whole BC thing as an attempt to put it to bed once and for all. Obama knew that if a big time media spotlight like Trump came out with proof of his actual citizenship, them people would believe him. For the most part, it worked too. Now that Trump has done his job, he'll step back. Honestly I didn't expect him to do it this soon, but good to see him out of the picture.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
Ok first i dont think Donald was ever serious about his campaign for presidency. Second i dont think Obama will take it either. are the people of the states not mad about his presidency? He hasnt done anything he said he would do...and started more wars with other countries. do the Americans really want him for a second term?

Obama Job Approval Rebounds Amid Discontent, Economic Concerns

May 16, 2011
Link to Article

The survey found that 52 percent approve of Obama's overall job performance -- a seven percentage point increase from its last measure in October 2010 -- while 57 percent disapprove of his handling of the economy and 60 percent say the nation is on the "wrong track."

The poll, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points, shows Obama's popularity has rebounded since the 2010 midterm congressional elections. Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they would vote to re-elect him or consider doing so in 2012, and 38 percent said they definitely wouldn't.

The numbers also show continuing challenges for the president, with 56 percent saying they are concerned or frustrated with the direction of the country. Forty-eight percent ranked jobs and the economy or spending and deficits as their top concern.

The findings suggest public backing for boosting the $14.3 trillion debt limit, with 56 percent saying it would be "disastrous" to the U.S. economy if Congress didn't raise the limit. Still, almost a third of respondents, 32 percent, said failing to raise the ceiling wouldn't have a serious impact, an argument being made by a growing number of congressional Republicans.

The survey of 1,000 registered likely voters was conducted March 8-12 by Republican pollster Ed Goeas of The Tarrance Group and Democratic pollster Celinda Lake of Lake Research Partners.

So far the American people would "re-elect" him according to this very small study. I would personally like to see a much larger sample over many states. Just my two cents

edit on 16-5-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added text

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Trump is a baffoon. There really isn't much more to say about the guy other than there is a lot of dirt on the guy. His birther nonsense was borderline treason.

new topics

top topics

join