It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS controlled opposition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A few of you may remember a post floating around ATS about hydrogen fuel cells, and how to make them, becoming the top thread in a matter of hours, then mysteriously disappearing before the OP was able to let us in on how to make the actual engine.

On his own publication he raised the point, did ATS 404 the thread on purpose? Did the owners of ATS see the discussion going from just that, a discussion, to something in which readers could utilize?

Is ATS the minor flow-valve for a dam that's about to overflow?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well they certainly seem to close threads that appear to inform us or paint them in a bad light ..............rather quickly i might add.

Parker

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

I am not sure, I don't think there has been a consensus on this in the, oh, 5000 other threads asking this same question.

Maybe they are, oooohhh...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

It is certainly not the first time at least.. I have seen plenty of threads just vanish like that even though it did not seem to contain anything against rules.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, I guess we'll see with this thread...

But if you really think about it, most of which ATS offers us is mixed info, good/bad, real/fake, but as soon as a really popular thread is about to offer all of us free information that we are craving for, it disappears, 404s....

Now, ATS, where are YOUR loyalties?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
there does appear to be an extra amount of censorship lately??

I wonder why??

Parker

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The same goes for well-respected members getting banned, though I don't want to go into names otherwise this thread could get compromised.

It's a sad reality that moderators aren't willing to be a little flexible and not so authoritarian in their methods.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Jepic because: he wanted to correct a mistake.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
Well, I guess we'll see with this thread...

But if you really think about it, most of which ATS offers us is mixed info, good/bad, real/fake, but as soon as a really popular thread is about to offer all of us free information that we are craving for, it disappears, 404s....

Now, ATS, where are YOUR loyalties?

Actually that thread was providing nothing useful to anyone. It was a come-on and a teaser. A moderator came onto the thread and said it violated T&C. My guess is because it was promoting a product for sale. ATS has the right to axe anything. As an organization it is not required to adhere to your ideas of what constitutes "loyalty."

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
well, they do over moderate the place. I think the problem is maybe too many mods, I see stuff get moved and posts get censored for no reason. Wouldn't be surprised if they were a sham since this is one of the few conspiracy websites thats actually "maintained"....on the other hand, you could say they are trying too hard with over-censorship.

Edit: Removing posts the way they do...doesn't seem to match up with the "no-delete" policy regarding not being able to delete your account, keeping threads and topics consistent....Maybe looking at it this way, you can see the lie.
edit on 16-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There are so many threads on hydrogen fuel cells. Most of them still hang around and you can find them if you use the search feature and search for "hydrogen fuel". There are so many discussions on this topic you could spend days reading them all. I'm not even going to spoil the surprise and tell you the conclusion of all of these discussions. Go ahead and read for yourself. I listed a few of them right here for you.

Japanese invent car that runs on water

Piezoelectric Ultrasound Hydrogen fuel!!

Water powered Vehicles

About the missing thread, if it was deleted I'm sure it was due to someone trying to sell something or just posting general false information. You wouldn't believe how many scammers there are in this area.

EDIT: See Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell entry in Wikipedia. You can even look up the patents he filed and download the pdf documents to recreate your own water fuel cell car.
edit on 16-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't think it matters much but has anyone thought to get some solid proof of this from someone that is somewhat reliable, and happens to work for ATS.

I think that if ATS was some sort of controled opposition then certainly it would be leaked to people by some disgruntal employee...probably not on this site, but there are hundreds of sites that are just like this one out there. If this was the case then it would be bigger than Obama's birth certificate issue. Right???

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am going to take a leap of faith and gamble on the possibility that this isn't just another attempt to simply bash ATS for taking an action with which some disagree.

Opposition to what?

The OP's question related to a thread created which declared that an "announcement' would be made regarding sensational technology which was to become available on a particular date, and that you had to go to a particular site to see it.

Needless to say the announcement fell flat. Nothing has been revealed, and those staunchly supporting him have nothing meaningful to show for it other than their good intentions.

In and of itself, there is nothing wrong with that. It is not expected that anyone should know that whatever was being anticipated would fail to materialize.

But the member providing the material was also a beneficiary of the website, and a stakeholder in the 'technology' he claimed he would 'provide.'

This kind of promotionalism, based on sensational claims is not the kind of activity that ATS is about. We are not here for members to market their wares... and while we do not begrudge anyone a capitalistic venture, we will not allow members to sully ATS with personal commerce.

I thought most were aware of this fact, but people seem to remember the ugliness that came out of the decision rather than the subsequent reality that explains it.

I was not involved in the affair at all, except as you were, as a member. But I remember thinking to myself "I wish you would make a thread with the actual announcement, instead of a declaration that you would eventually be making an announcement." It might have changed matters considerably. But as it was done, it was little more than a marketing pitch which ended in "Come to my website."

Is that really what members want? I don't. If you have a revelation that you wish to share with the world, then do so. Don't tease with the story that you will, but somehow the whole discussion becomes about nothing short of 'waiting' and having eager people flailing about while you get more and more attention for yourself.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
did ATS 404 the thread on purpose?

Yes. Because the thread author was advertising his wares and soliciting ATS members without permission -- and appeared to have joined the site for nothing more than that.

top topics

join