It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tased execution style in his own home by police over an Ipod. Must Apologize?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
finding stuff is against the law in america. america isn't becoming a police state, it is already a police state.

good luck.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'd love to see these cops in the vid get their butts handed to them off duty and in the street ! There's no excuse for the abuse of power that's occurring so frequently these days.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Everyone gets a star for their post

Maybe the police are slaves to their lower-selves/ego so it's not exactly their fault. By their own perception of reality it is but not by ours. I say instead of pushing the police officer (which wasn't even a push... more like a stiff arm)... shoulda gave him a hug

That would of looked great. "I don't know what happened judge, I tried to give him a hug to make it all better but he shoved me to the ground and half women half man tazed me!!! Where's the love judge?!"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd write an apology. Just give me their home addresses so I can deliver it in person. It would be an apology that would last them a lifetime.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The amount of cops there and they tazer him for what can barely be interpreted as pushing? What a joke.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I didn't like what I saw at all.

But in all honesty - what were the cops supposed to do?
The man appeared somewhat drunk and he was turning away from the cops.
For all they knew he could have been reaching for a gun behind that door.

And isn't this what tasers are for?
To be able to calm potentially dangerous situations down without having to use their guns?

I think the cops were wrong to try to enter his home without a warrant to show, but I think they reacted according to protocol when he turned away from them and tried to close the door.
As I said before - for all they knew he could have been reaching for a gun behind that door.
And tbh, using a taser is one of the least violent ways to deal with a potentially dangerous situation for a cop.

I had a look at another video here on ats showing a cop tackle a 15 year old girl into a wall from behind.
As much as that hurt to see also, I think cops have protocols to follow when someone turns their back at them and they can't see if they are reaching for something that can cause a threat to them.

I never defend violence in any form, but my point is that maybe the cops were actually trained to do this and then we can't blame the cops personally for those actions, but we have to blame the system itself for training them to react in that way...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

gday jude11,

thanks for the thread starter...

i try and keep an eye out for police /taser misuse stories...

it is getting bad here in australia too...

F'ing power hungry pigs...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

seeya

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

I agree except for one thing.

He announced he was closing the door. Clearly and without threat.

Only the second time did he turn to his side.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HA HA HA
those idiots had it coming!
"mom can you come bail us out?"

Hey moron! what did you think was going to happen? when you have a warrant, you get arrested! dumba**

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
HA HA HA
those idiots had it coming!
"mom can you come bail us out?"

Hey moron! what did you think was going to happen? when you have a warrant, you get arrested! dumba**

Really? Even without having to show a warrant? Just believe anything a cop tells you?

So when you open your door, a cop sez "Come With me" and you ask for a warrant but he doesn't produce it...you're going with him?

People that follow blindly are the ones who deserve it.

edit on 16-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I love the way the cop keeps saying "someone is going to jail"...like he's just so determined to enforce his will that nothing else matters. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

To be able to calm potentially dangerous situations down without having to use their guns?

He was clearly showing his hands and acting casual only MOMENTS before that female officer tasered him. And this all because of what, stolen Ipod? Or should I say, a freaking lost and broken Ipod sold as parts. Completely unintelligible.

edit on 16-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

ddint see if it was posted if it was just a video or if there was a link to the actual news article and if charges are filed against police or whats happening?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I HATE THE COPS. Matter of fact, im ready to fight for my constitutional rights and stop this nonsense, and this is just what is shown to us. How many times this S#$%# happens on a daily basis? im pretty sure in the hundreds.

Can we do something to stop it? of course. REBEL, RIOT, be truly patriots.

Not scare sheep.

And to all the people out there that are defending the cops on this forum and the gov't. PLEASE resign your job as a disinfo agent for the Gov't and start caring for the future of your country.

BECAUSE THE GOVT DOESNT CARE ABOUT NONE OF US.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's hard to imagine the story of the found Ipod would result in the actions seen in the video. There must be some kind of history between the father/son and the police. When the father tried to stop him from coming through the door the cop seemed almost giddy. Like he was waiting for a reason to get his hands on him. The taser seems completely unnecessary.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Like the lady said. Pretty effin heartless. Discusting. Yeah the warrant is on the computer...
And he was still convicted? Even with this evidence???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Assuming the back story is true. Think about it, your kid is going to be hauled away for pawning an obsolete iPod. What normal parent would think this is OK?

Drunk or not the man was quite reasonable, especially considering the almost ridiculous circumstances.

Again, the police could have taken the trivial nature of the 'crime' and human nature into account and found a peaceful way to settle the situation. Even if it mean obtaining a courtesy copy of the warrant.

Violence has become the go to solution instead of the last resort.

People keep making these videos to show what is happening, we need to expose who the real terrorists are!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
I didn't like what I saw at all.

But in all honesty - what were the cops supposed to do?
The man appeared somewhat drunk and he was turning away from the cops.
For all they knew he could have been reaching for a gun behind that door.

I think the cops were wrong to try to enter his home without a warrant to show, but I think they reacted according to protocol when he turned away from them and tried to close the door.
As I said before - for all they knew he could have been reaching for a gun behind that door.
And tbh, using a taser is one of the least violent ways to deal with a potentially dangerous situation for a cop.

I had a look at another video here on ats showing a cop tackle a 15 year old girl into a wall from behind.
As much as that hurt to see also, I think cops have protocols to follow when someone turns their back at them and they can't see if they are reaching for something that can cause a threat to them.

I never defend violence in any form, but my point is that maybe the cops were actually trained to do this and then we can't blame the cops personally for those actions, but we have to blame the system itself for training them to react in that way...

No, i think we can blame the cops for there actions.They have the ability to think for them selves in any situation and to decide right from wrong, but a lot of pigs are on power trips and abuse there powers and it needs to stop. They need to step back and think about what they would do if this ever happens to them. The same crappy laws that they are enforcing will come back to bite them in the ass 3 fold eventually. Im a big fan of karma, and trust me they WILL get there's.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

so you live in nazi germany now America the question is do you go along with it or do something?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Bad troll. You should watch the video before you try next time. They didn't have a warrant or anything against the dad.

Originally posted by jude11

“From this experience we have learned that there are two laws in Illinois that need to be changed for the protection of the citizens of our state. We need to be able to videotape the police for our own protection, and when the police arrive at your door to serve a warrant, they should have that warrant with them.”

Just noticed this. What law in illinnois prevents one from recording cops? It's not the wiretapping law afaik.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join