It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tased execution style in his own home by police over an Ipod. Must Apologize?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Couldn't find this vid here. Came up as a new 'Live Leak' on Liveleaks.com so I'm guessing it just got out there.

My favorite part? "Don't play the law with me, I'm telling YOU the law".

This could be the reason for this:

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
www.nwitimes.com...

This whole legal odyssey started because his son, Carl, had found a broken, first-generation iPod in a public bathroom. Carl had no idea who it belonged to. It was broken and he couldn’t get it to work. He pawned it for a parts value of $10. The Lake County State’s Attorney asked for an emergency ex parte hearing months later to charge Carl Testa with petty theft which included “mislaid property, failure to take reasonable measures to return to proper owner.” HUH?

www.liveleak.com...

“We documented over 65 discrepancies when comparing the police reports, police testimony and the videos,” said Testa. “Deputy Pomazal admitted ove More..r and over that she was ‘mistaken’ about the facts of the case. When asked if she had made any more mistakes in her police reports and testimony, she said, ‘I hope not.’ And still the judge chose to believe the police.”

And the victim is ordered to apologize?

Testa believes that the video evidence demonstrates that the police reports used to charge him with battery to a police officer resulting in bodily harm and resisting arrest were false. Despite this, Testa was convicted. Judge George Strickland doubled the sentence recommended by the State’s Attorney, and ordered Testa to write letters of apology to the police officers that attacked him, tased him, punched him in the head, knocked him out, and tried to regain entry into the house after he was already in custody.

“From this experience we have learned that there are two laws in Illinois that need to be changed for the protection of the citizens of our state. We need to be able to videotape the police for our own protection, and when the police arrive at your door to serve a warrant, they should have that warrant with them.”

Interesting note:

Sgt. Jonites has been accused of police misconduct before of this type, specifically in the case of Jerry Hobbs, a Zion man who was imprisoned in Lake County for five years for the murder of his daughter without a trial. DNA evidence exonerated Hobbs.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This sort of Nazi BS happened in my home, to a family member of mine and I was not restrained, afraid a tazer wouldn't work, I would be in deep crap, and someone would get a line of duty parade.
That is not police work.
That is sheer violation of our US constitutionally protected right against unreasonable search and seizure.
The man wanted to call a lawyer.
The fuzz didn't have a copy of the arrest warrant.
That just flat stinks of communist, nazi tactics and he had every right to start a war with those so called "peace officers".

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
im constantly stunned by the acts of police in america. When did protect and serve turn into NO TOLERANCE. I hate cops and if your one reading this i hate you to. I have begun to teach my daughter just like my father instructed me on my dealings with local police. Never say anything ANYTHING.

If they are at your house more than likely your going to jail. If ever questioned do not say a word give them your name and birthdate nothing else even if not guilty.

Police are corrupt power hungry skum. Their day will come.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I completely agree with TEXAS THINKER.....they would have a parade or i would be gone but would never allow this in my home
edit on 16-5-2011 by MachiventaMelchizedek because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm so sick of these worthless #s I'm at the point where I use this clip from now on because I don't think I could really discuss how I feel about these domestic terrorists. I do wonder if one supertanker could hold the blood from all the pigs.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Riiiiight. He "found" an iPod in a public bathroom. And there is a history of misconduct.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can't wait for the Pro-Police Rights & Safety Squad to join the thread..

"Thieves get what they deserve.. he should have spent his whole day trying to find the owner of the iPod, that was broken and left in a public bathroom"

"You shouldn't fight with someone that enters your house illegally.. especially the police!"

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Riiiiight. He "found" an iPod in a public bathroom. And there is a history of misconduct.

Welcome!
edit on 16-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Ah huh and that relates to the events seen in the video, how?

I really want to just go live in a cave away from anything to do with law and officers like this...

sigh

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

I totally agree. I have had it with these PIGS that think just because they wear a badge that they are above the law, far as im concerned this will only cause more forceful action against the pigs, basically the more innocents they hurt or kill the more pigs will get hurt or killed only seems fair to me. If this happens to me im gonna make sure that pig feels some pain, if im going to jail might as well make it worth it. I hope there are pigs on ats, maybe the good ones, if any, could tell there pig buddies to chill the f out, don't get to caught up in your job, you may end up hurting truly innocent people, because a lot have and it needs to quit. BTW, i got friends that are cops and i would not be afraid to do the same to them if they decide to get outta line with me either.

HEY PIGS!!!! go back to serving and protecting the people, f@$# the government.

P.S. sorry for the rant this crap just really gets under my skin.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: some spelling

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by jude11

I'm so sick of these worthless #s I'm at the point where I use this clip from now on because I don't think I could really discuss how I feel about these domestic terrorists. I do wonder if one supertanker could hold the blood from all the pigs.

Could you please fix your vid link and edit your language? Not me, just the T&C

Thanx

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This video looks bad,no question.
BUT,what happened before with this Ipad that was mentioned-was it "found" or was it violently appropriated by someone in the house-the son maybe?

The guy in the doorway(the dad?)was drunk as well IMO,so the cop is wary.No need for the threats of "one of you is going to jail" though.

The Dad did react,but it was when the cop went for him if you watch the vid closley
That was the part when the cop lost his remaining credibility IMO,because the guy did not attack him.and yet he was tased.

What a world...no time for talking to one another it seems,just taser time for that guy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And they call the USA, the land of the free...

This is clearly alarming behaviour and abuse of power by the officer in question.
He's not fit to wear a police badge.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
And they call the USA, the land of the free...

This is clearly alarming behaviour and abuse of power by the officer in question.
He's not fit to wear a police badge.

I think its safe to say its becoming known as, the land of false freedom. IMO, freedom in America is just an illusion.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

A very wise ATS member recently said-just look at everything backwards-big pharma harms,big agro starves,big banks steal,MSM lies etc.
I won't name the member as I am paraphrasing,but that was the sort of thing.

Things do seem to be looking backwards to me,we could be so much better than this IMO.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yep, everything is backwards. Just like we the people are afraid of our government when it should be them that are afraid of the people. It's false democracy, they just want us to think we control our government when in truth we do not.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is what happens when the population fears the "boggie" man and the masses are willing to submit to a police state to calm their fears. The apology is a legal ploy to prevent the man from suing the police department, by making an apology as part of his 'deal' he is admitting being in the wrong and it will be impossible for him to have a chance at the civil suit he deserves.

American: Land of the Jailed, Home of the Scared.

Get used to it, things will only get worse. The majority of voters have been scared blind to whats really going on and will continue to support the police state.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
This is what happens when the population fears the "boggie" man and the masses are willing to submit to a police state to calm their fears. The apology is a legal ploy to prevent the man from suing the police department, by making an apology as part of his 'deal' he is admitting being in the wrong and it will be impossible for him to have a chance at the civil suit he deserves.

American: Land of the Jailed, Home of the Scared.

Get used to it, things will only get worse. The majority of voters have been scared blind to whats really going on and will continue to support the police state.

Yes and its a shame. If it hasn't already happened in most countries, dont worry, it will no doubt about that, because the same people that are destroying this country are also destroying the rest of the world.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sorry, Opera 11 is having issues with a lot of sites I'm unable to edit posts currently which is why I had to post the video again separately. Also being able to post in general is hit or miss right now.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is utter Bull ****. I want to see a copy of that warrant in that officers hand! Not this, "oh its in the computer crap." I had a family member get in a car accident and the officers that responded said that no citations were issued, well guess what, a month later she is getting a notice saying she missed her court date and blah blah blah, turns out that there was a citation issued, its funny because, the date on the ticket was for 3 days after the incident. Luckily for her, she had more than enough proof to counter that ticket, oh it was a woman cop too, why do they think they have to be super woman all the time. AND one more thing, excuse my rant, but shouldn't they have a paramedic on stand by if they are going to tase someone? I mean that man was bleeding, imagine if he had a heart condition, they didn't even ask??? there was a hand full of other methods they could have used to subdue him. sorry but im pissed now

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join