It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BREAKING: Trump not running for president

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this is bad news people

oh the humanity

trump is not running now

for crying outloud

no trump

say it aint so

now who are you people going to hate on.

you must feel at little bummed.




posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
CNN


After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country.


I guess the next election circus will be short one more act. I personally think this is a good thing for the US.
edit on 16-5-2011 by fenceSitter because: (no reason given)



I have to smile at the way he bows out...reminding everyone that he is at the top of the Republican contenders .

Oh my, the Donald and his ego just never quit..too funny

My guess is that his ego just couldn't take the chance of losing,or the mud slinging that goes with running for office. Something is seriously wrong with that man. I have never seen an ego that needed so much stroking.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Donald now saying "I would have won the nomination and beaten Obama had I run".

It's very easy for a bully to make claims such as these, but extremely difficult to live up to them.

Like so many bullies before him, he's all bluster until it comes to actually make good on the threats.

It's also interesting that he decides to pull out and generate even more news for himself. MSM was starting to lose interest in him just before the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice, and that simply wasn't good for him.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what Trump says, all that matters is what Trump does, and what does Trump do? Quit.

Good riddance. Now we just need Palin to go away. The American people are sick of reality show TV stars thinking they can run for office of Presidency like they would be taken seriously.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The Donald now saying "I would have won the nomination and beaten Obama had I run".

It's very easy for a bully to make claims such as these, but extremely difficult to live up to them.

Like so many bullies before him, he's all bluster until it comes to actually make good on the threats.

It's also interesting that he decides to pull out and generate even more news for himself. MSM was starting to lose interest in him just before the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice, and that simply wasn't good for him.


Like I said babybunnies...his ego just couldn't take the chance of losing, and its real easy to say I could have won, instead of actually winning.

Egotistical coward, he gets to be more of a joke as time goes on. What the h** made him become that way?

What is so broken in a man that he has to constantly remind himself and others that he is always number one?? Truly sad state of mind.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So........................trump isn't running.......I didn't think he would.....

Ron Paul......would some please tell me what is so wonderful about him? He wouldn't have voted for the civil rights act of 1964....ok...what else?



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou
 


I dont know. Im starting to think the whole "conspiracy theorists are nutjobs" thing is ABOUT the presidential election. And I am starting to suspect that they will build the line of reasoning that we are all nuts over the next several months and then toss that label firmly onto Ron Paul in order to knock him out of the game.

Just speculation. But they are going somewhere with the conspiracy theory meme the MSM has been mooing about since the Osama Drama, and tellingly, Obama actually mooed about it himself while criticizing Trump at that press dinner thing.

I think thats going to be their "kill off other viable non corporate candidates for President in 2012" card.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
THANK GOD...we don't need another retard in the white house...because trump would in my opinion "trump" them all



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile
 


You know I dont really like Trump all that much either. BUT. He might have in his own bumbling way acutually tried to do whats best for America, unlike the Clintons, Bush's and Obamas who are clearly doing what is best for the globalists.

I would rather have an idiot who actually cares for America, the nation, in office, than a genius whose real loyalty is to corporations.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm kinda bummed. My two-year-old just learned how to say "Trump is a Chump". What a waste of time that was.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
So........................trump isn't running.......I didn't think he would.....

Ron Paul......would some please tell me what is so wonderful about him? He wouldn't have voted for the civil rights act of 1964....ok...what else?



His not voting for it had nothing to do with civil rights. If that is your biggest complaint about him, please study his stances. You might find you like the dude.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just being cynical... but it appears to me that the whole idea was a distraction and a means to validate certain actions others took.....

Frankly, with few exceptions, he was as likely to be a good president as any of them would be.... maybe even better (in a twisted bizzaro comedic way....)



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Trump never was running.

Obama got him to bring all this birth certificate stuff up so he could put that fake one on us.

Trump is in on it.

And to think he could get a Republican nomination...was just ludicrous.




posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars
 


Im with you. I dont like him. I think he is a self aggrandizing twit in many ways. BUT, I do think he really would try to do whats best for the nation. I think he is loyal to the US. And I dont feel that about most of the conventional candidates/past and current presidents.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by here4awhile
 


You know I dont really like Trump all that much either. BUT. He might have in his own bumbling way acutually tried to do whats best for America, unlike the Clintons, Bush's and Obamas who are clearly doing what is best for the globalists.

I would rather have an idiot who actually cares for America, the nation, in office, than a genius whose real loyalty is to corporations.


You think his loyalty is not to corporations??..think again

All his buddies are big corporate big wigs,and hes trying to save them all from the economic prowness of Asia.

That idiot (your words) cares more about his ego and his hair than he does America.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by CoachSlamYou
 


I dont know. Im starting to think the whole "conspiracy theorists are nutjobs" thing is ABOUT the presidential election. And I am starting to suspect that they will build the line of reasoning that we are all nuts over the next several months and then toss that label firmly onto Ron Paul in order to knock him out of the game.

Just speculation. But they are going somewhere with the conspiracy theory meme the MSM has been mooing about since the Osama Drama, and tellingly, Obama actually mooed about it himself while criticizing Trump at that press dinner thing.

I think thats going to be their "kill off other viable non corporate candidates for President in 2012" card.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)


I think you are definately on to something by what you presented in this post. It never occured to me,but it makes total sense.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011


That idiot (your words) cares more about his ego and his hair than he does America.


You could be right. I would not have him as my first choice, for certain. Or even my tenth choice. But for some reason, even though I know you are right in the sense that he cares about corporations, I think part of his ego is caught up in America. I think it is part of his personal identity in a way it isnt for a lot of these politicians.

I have no real evidence of it, other than he made a comment once to the effect of that if America were conducting military operations in the mid east the nation itself should profit from the oil. I suspect he sees America like a corporation and himself as the CEO. Which, while not ideal, is better than those who see America as a resource to be exploited, rather than a corporation in its own right.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am so disappointed! Trump isn't running and the British politician Ed Balls didn't end up as Prime Minister.

I was really looking forward to headlines such as "Trump and Balls sign trade deal" or "Balls Trump summit". The mind boggles.



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter
 


Did anyone actually think that he was serious?

2nd line



posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
I am so disappointed! Trump isn't running and the British politician Ed Balls didn't end up as Prime Minister.

I was really looking forward to headlines such as "Trump and Balls sign trade deal" or "Balls Trump summit". The mind boggles.


In the UK, they could have run a coalition government with John Major and Ed Balls. Of course, then the signs could have read "Major Balls 2012". Who would have messed with a country with Major Balls in charge?
edit on 16-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join