It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all atheists cowards?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've been noticing a lot pro-atheism posts on ATS lately and they always go after Christians. I haven't seen a single attack on Islam by an atheist.

So I ask, are all the atheists on ATS cowards...or just "secret" muslims?

...and I wonder how many atheists can actually stay on topic here, without attacking Christianity...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Are all religious as generalising as you?
Oh and i know of plenty of examples of Christians invading threads to spread their propaganda even though it is completely unrelated to the discussion in said thread.
edit on 16-5-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
I've been noticing a lot pro-atheism posts on ATS lately and they always go after Christians. I haven't seen a single attack on Islam by an atheist.

...and I wonder how many atheists can actually stay on topic here, without attacking Christianity...

disclosure: im not atheist, Muslim or christian,
just wondering if you can link to some of the threads that you mention ?
just to keep the playing field level, if you catch my drift

you might like want to listen to the lyrics in this aussie hip hop...

edit on 16-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Lol, cowards and secret muslims

Never heard so much sh** in my life

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have NEVER had a Muslim tell me that I'm going to hell.
I have NEVER had a Muslim try to convert me.
I have NEVER had a Muslim attack me because I'm an atheist.
I have NEVER had a Muslim talk like they know everything and say that theirs is the one true religion.
I have NEVER had a Muslim call me a coward or "secret" anything.

Never...

But all of that has happened all my life from Christians. And I've known plenty of Muslims. Worked with them, partied with them, dined with their families. Never once put me down or came across as condescending.

Maybe that's why.

And I don't "go after" Christians.
I believe in freedom of religion.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am an athiest. I am not a coward. So in response to your questions....Islam sucks. It is a front to a hatred more absurd than putting mayonnaise on pancakes. Athiests do not "attack" anyone. They (I) merely respond to inane posts such as this to defend themselves against what is clearly an "attack" on athiests....by you.

Religious folk love to place billboards, commercials, TV networks, flyers hanging by rubber bands around my doorknob, and other idiotic attempts in front of the face of the populace in an effort to convert and placate every non-believer they come across. Demonstrate a time where athiests, not in response to an attack or criticism, try to push their own agenda. It never happens.

Darwin....out.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This looks like a tasty morsel on a fish hook, but I'll bite. I wouldn't call myself a 100% atheist, but I would say that I am not following any religion at the time. Now, if you would go back to my previous post, I have in fact questioned Islam. I question Christianity, I question everything. I wouldn't necessarily call it an attack, but one thing that I have noticed from ANY religious sect ( not just Christianity) When you ask questions and point out contradictions, they call it an attack. If you happen to point out any inconsistencies ( sp) It's an attack. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm an Athiest but I don't feel the need to attack anyones beliefs.

Just because in my head I don't understand how people truly believe religious texts, doesn't mean I need to put my views across and tell people they're flat out wrong.

But I do agree, every thread I read it turns into a 'Prove Heaven exists?!' and other predictable remarks. But this isn't just from Athiests, it comes from all sides.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not really atheist, and I don't attack anyone. Plus its kinda unfair for some one to judge the many on acts of the few, and it goes for all sides and all religions. I'm not defending anyone side just saying we as humans generalize everything.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In my experience, there are two kinds of atheists:

One is the "rabid, drooling" kind (a term from someone who used to have a site called ex-atheist.com) that do a lot of mocking, such as calling Jesus "Jebus" and starting threads that infer that the vast majority of Christians are stupid (check recent topics here at ATS). They tend to be college freshmen or sophomores who seem to have plenty of time to troll Christian message boards for fun, spewing their ignorance of history, theology, and philosophy all over the place. They go out of their way to join such boards and blogs, obsessed with that which they claim does not exist, which has got to be some kind of psychosis. Some of them, when they finally do get out of school, try to use the courts to make sure they can walk down a street without being offended by the sight of churches, and they succeed in making it impossible for any views but their own to enter classrooms that are supposed to be about science instead of their "just so" stories from their philosophical biases. Any cursory examination of this site alone will return hundreds of examples of such atheists.

The other is a reasonable person who is generally a good citizen and truly tolerant of those who disagree with them. These are rare, and if that statement offends any atheists, let them police their own kind who start those threads I mentioned. These are the non-cowards.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

I would have to agree. There are several 'brands' of Christians out there, as well. I won't go into the details, but they can be just as damning, disruptive, and rude as any atheist I've seen, if not worse.

I do not hold one Christian responsible for 'policing' the rest of their brood, however. I believe in personal responsibility. Each person is responsible for what they say.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What we seem to miss in these types of threads is that we are ALL human no matter the belief. We tend to make these sweeping generalisations about atheists, Christians, Muslims, causations, blacks, Asians, gays, heterosexuals, capitalist, communists, men, women...etc....I mean we could go on forever here.

Instead try to look at people as people with all the attributes that makes us human.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There will always be some form of criticism. But, i do not think that those posts are actually working in favor of atheism.

Neither. They are just persons with different sets of beliefs, and each one of them claims to know better than the other.

I guess we are going have to wait and see.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Your Op does not make any sense. You make a four or five line thread attacking atheists. Then you tell us not to attack christianity.

I do not need to atack anybody. It is obvious who the confused, silly one is around here.

Keep spreading the word brother.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

*facepalm* Not one of these stupid threads again! I don't know how many times I've had to address this exact same fornicating point since I joined!

I've been noticing a lot pro-atheism posts on ATS lately and they always go after Christians.

I've noticed that there are a lot of Christians on here. I tend to use the 'know your audience' approach. I'm targeting the biggest portion of the theistic community on ATS.

I haven't seen a single attack on Islam by an atheist.

We don't have a lot of reason to attack them because they do a pretty good job of attacking themselves...oh, and Christians tend to do that too.

So I ask, are all the atheists on ATS cowards...

...yeah, it's cowardly to attack the religion that will start a discussion that will result in people flaming you and getting dozens of people calling you idiotic.

While it's so brave to go after Islam and have a nearly unanimous verdict against it.

or just "secret" muslims?

Nope, the Qu'ran is just as useless as the Bible. There, I attacked Islam. Mohammed's violent rhetoric is horrible. He is not the perfect example of a human being though, he is the perfect example for a seventh century warlord who wants to win at any cost.

Well, considering that the topic is idiotic, I don't know how I can stay on it without losing a few brain cells.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well said my friend. I really like the way you post in these "kind" of threads.

You earned a star from me.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Real American Patriot, please show me, how about ten topics, where Christians attack the beliefs of anyone besides Atheists. If you're really lucky, you may find them, and that's only because of how many topics are on this board. I still seriously doubt you'll find as many as ten though.

Obviously Christian's are secret Muslims because they don't attack Muslim faith constantly.

Doesn't matter if someones Christian, Muslim, or Athiest; if someone thinks that skewed logic such as in your original post is evidence to support their own belief system, they'll never be able to reasonably decide on what's truth or not. Being so adamant about you're faith, whatever it is, is nothing but delusion.

No offense, of course.
edit on 16-5-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: Hyphen

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Basically my opinoin regarding "Christians" on ATS is that they ( Not all of them) spew out absurdities, and contradictions covered in a layer of frosty nonsense. This is something that does not belong on as site that claims to deny ignorance. In my humble opinion of course.

I actually very much agree with King Lizard ( Who is himself Christian if I remember correct...?) with his notion that we are all human beings.

Hate is the opposite of what we should do.

I am not an athiest by the way. Although I don't think I can be called a Christian. I am raised Christian, but I haver never met anyone yet that acts like what I consider to be an actual Christian.

However... Who am I ?

I don't care whqatever your religion is, I would french kiss you whatever your belief system. Well...
If you are female that is.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I have NEVER had a Muslim tell me that I'm going to hell.
I have NEVER had a Muslim try to convert me.
I have NEVER had a Muslim attack me because I'm an atheist.
I have NEVER had a Muslim talk like they know everything and say that theirs is the one true religion.
I have NEVER had a Muslim call me a coward or "secret" anything.

Never...

But all of that has happened all my life from Christians. And I've known plenty of Muslims. Worked with them, partied with them, dined with their families. Never once put me down or came across as condescending.

Maybe that's why.

And I don't "go after" Christians.
I believe in freedom of religion.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Absolutley, every christian i've ever met except for maybe one shining example, has tried to show me the path of "god" (i'm not debating whether or not it exists) where as many muslims i've met adhere to there religion and leave it be as i'm sure they understand better than christians that its not for everyone.

Relgion is mans way of controlling his fellow man IMHO

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, Gee, Wally...

Islam teaches that ANYONE who wont convert to Islam must die. I don't know of ANY Christians, shown in videos on the internet, beheading people.

It just has smell of hypocricy when atheists rail against Christianity when the biggest threat to their freedom, and very existance, is Islam.

If you really want to do the world some good, convert an Islamic extremist to atheism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join