It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Proto?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The mystery behind what happened to Proto, and also D.D. remains a true mystery? A conspiracy? MK Ultra? Or just life?

At about 11:00 p.m. last night we finally heard from SO, who made a brief appearance to say;

Originally posted by Epiphron
“This is starting to get very disturbing. No longer is it just anonymous people speculating about conspiracies on the internet anymore. The fact that several of the more prominent members of this site have had their homes broken into in frighteningly similar fashion (nothing stolen/computer accessed/bread crumb trail) leads us to believe that there may indeed be a coordinated attack on these members”.

Posted by Skeptic Overlord

“I very much doubt anything of the sort is happening, has happened, or will happen.

Of all the people on ATS who may be a "target," not only would I personally be at the top of the list, but I'm also among the easiest to locate (given my real name and real-life contact information is associated with the company that owns ATS) for anyone with nefarious intent.

While I haven't had the time to read through this thread, my initial take is that it's a farce. Not sure why yet".

Shortly thereafter the site administrator popped in to the “Living a Charmed Life” thread, he was there long enough to say that “nothing nefarious is going on with D.D.” and then led us to believe that D.D. himself wants to come in and set the record straight.

Then, as quickly as he appeared, the site administrator, along with the entire thread disappeared. Poof! No explanation, No warning, No thread under review, just gone, the thread along with every post, and record of such vanished from existence.

Now, I realize the enormous undertaking it must be to monitor this incredible website. I also know that there are going to be some decisions that have to be made behind closed doors, and we may never know of the tough decisions that had to be made.
With that being said, the Moderators and Administration had 40 pages of insight, over 3 days to monitor, moderate, or otherwise get a handle on the situation that was spiraling out of control on the “Living a Charmed Life” thread.

Not only is it their responsibility to monitor and moderate the threads, it was specifically called for more than once on the thread. Still, not a single moderator or administrator showed up until 10:30 p.m. Sunday evening. The thread started turning at about page 6, anyone who was following the thread could see that, the trained moderators certainly should have.

After page 6, the claims of the OP increased from questionable to bizarre. The whole feel of the thread was becoming very uncomfortable for anyone who has had the benefit of consuming the almost uncountable contributions made to this web site by the OP. it was truly like watching a slow motion train wreck, just knowing that when the dust settled there is going to be some casualties, yet, most of us just watched. We watched a trusted member, and one of the most prolific contributors implode from within.

I am still not sure who caused the most damage, those of us who saw it happening, posted a concern or two, but, generally just let it happen, or, maybe those that blindly followed, offering “atta boys”, calling others trolls for questioning some of the claims made by the OP. then again, maybe it was those who followed, but never said a word, just saw it as entertainment.

And, finally there was the moderators and administration who I’m sure had to be aware of what was taking place (if they were not, then that would be an even sadder state of affairs), and yet, did nothing until 10:30 p.m. when they started to moderate the thread, and believe it or not, remove a post that fairly laid the blame for letting this get so far out of hand at their doorstep.

The post also reasonably stated that without us the members, this site would not be able to generate the millions it does from advertising fees, and we deserve to have them step in and straighten out these cryptic accusations, and insure us that everything is ok, we are all safe, and no harm will come to us, or our families, or our homes, and for the Mods and Administration to remain silent for 40 pages was a slap in the face.

The irony is almost disturbing, that a site that has made its name and reputation, along with the moniker “Deny Ignorance” could just sit back and allow this to happen.

We may never know what really happened to D.D. or Proto, and its almost certain to be a never ending conspiracy, considering the way it was not handled, but, when the #1 and #2 contributors to this site, both, just basically disappear, and, lets not forget that another member BDS, who also happens to be in the top ten, made the claim that his residence has been broken into twice in 2 weeks, and he also allegedly had been left a deliberate sign, and the administration chooses to act like the powers that be ( which most here can agree do not have our best interest at heart) and allow a situation to escalate the way it did, offer no explanation, then just wipe away all evidence of such, as if it never happened.

Then maybe, its time we took a long hard look at denying ignorance ourselves.

Parker
MYUBY

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

The thread showed back up in "myATS" last night with the title changed to include Living a Charmed Life [A FARCE ON ATS MEMBERS]

edit on 16-5-2011 by TSearchX because: Removing comment about Proto's status.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSearchX
reply to post by ParkerCramer

The thread showed back up in "myATS" last night with the title changed to include Living a Charmed Life [A FARCE ON ATS MEMBERS]

Checking Proto's profile, it lists him as being "banned".

thanks for that info..................was there any other explanation from staff??

star for you

Parker
edit on 16-5-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For what it is worth there is already a thread here. But it is closed b/c discussing banned members is against T&C. Even though they let that thread go for 4 pages AND a site moderator posted on it they still closed it, as I believe this one will be here.

For some speculation even though you can't add to it here is the thread:
Where the Hell is Proto?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here is the link to the original thread with the "updated" name, just for verification purposes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No other information except what was posted before the thread was closed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Discussion of banned memers not permitted at ATS.

However you will find some info here :

link

Thread closed

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There is no mystery.............

Its pretty clear what happend

You cannot start a thread and embellish it so much, that people will be in fear for themselves , just for being on a website.......

Besides that , in one of his posts he admitted to lying about a particular detail to another poster, that alone casted doubt on the story.....

Another huge factor was the fact that claimed to know what was going on with DD and tried to implicate staff as being a part of it..........

What he didnt know was that staff had actually been talking to DD ........

He said and claimed a lot of things that just werent true, passed them off as fact to boost his own ego.......

But when he brought staff into the equation and flat out lied about it, and people started getting scared to be on the website, it was time to pull the plug.........

I can see why the action was taken

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

edit on May 16th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
For what it is worth there is already a thread here. But it is closed b/c discussing banned members is against T&C. Even though they let that thread go for 4 pages AND a site moderator posted on it they still closed it, as I believe this one will be here.

For some speculation even though you can't add to it here is the thread:
Where the Hell is Proto?

Thanks for that...................I guess we will see where this goes, or maybe we'll get some answers.

Parker

new topics

top topics

join