It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet little genocide on our back door

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by NoHierarchy

This is what happens when we allow the "free market" to run rampant over OUR rights and OUR governments without putting our boots to their throats.

Sorry to inform you but there is no such thing as "YOUR government", and there hasn't been for a very long time. That thing up there on Capital Hill is THEIR government; not yours. It belongs to the corporations.

You and every other American are voiceless and powerless. I am not sure how you intend to put "your boots to their throats", but I suggest you get at it ASAP; otherwise you haven't a hope in hell of changing anything.

No sh** Sherlock! I know this better than you do probably. However, people need to start taking more ownership of their society versus entities like multinational corporations. The line is being drawn and people can either acquiesce or resist... there are countless examples of resistance all throughout history, both successful and unsuccessful, but MORE people need to think DEEPER than they do about how they can/would resist in an effective manner.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

this site might help... i ithink its a law firm

www.brockovich.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I just can't believe this. Im so sorry for everything your family,friends and neighbors have/are going through.
I would like to ask the writers out there. If they could draft a letter(maybe with some good solid links?), i would do it but english isn't my strong point.
we can then ALL send them to news agencies and send them to the anchors twitter/facebook/myspace accounts(there always teliing us to tweet them well lets tweet the # out of them!). If enough of us do this simple copy and paste more people outside of ats will see this and maybe something will get done.

EDIT: this really does get the blood boiling! I fill like this could be what cause our own Tunisia movement if people learn the truth. Don't let this die!
(and everyone, not just Americans, can help.)
edit on 19-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
www.kpho.com...
www.kpho.com...
-Military code broken after 30yrs of toxic.

Must be big news, I could only imagine how guilty the person who exposed the military felt. That stuff must be real bad. Apparently the Korean military is trying to dig it up as I type this.
edit on 20-5-2011 by jhustla88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by jhustla88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
BUMP
Hows that letter doing?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We are all meeting with an attorney and state officials on june 5th.As for writing letters and such actions. that is what has gotten us here.Since the 1970's countless letters have been written to any and all news agencies and government officials.They have done no good. Now that we have hard evidence they are contacting us. LOL. It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out as news agencies which flat out ignored us or painted us as environmental wackos now must eat their words.
seed

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm sure they will come up with excuses as always.

The media is a powerful thing, unfortunately it isn't used for the right reasons.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am a Oregon reisdent....this makes me sick to my stomach. So sad

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

very interesting thread, while I am shocked I'm not in the slightest bit suprised!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Update: the local doctor, is being called out by the community for failure to report exposures when reported.Complaints are being filed with the state. Good ole boy Doc, doctor 3days a week and logger 4 days. In fact the lack of reporting may well be the bigger issue overall in an ironic twist. As most of the safety data comes from the companies making the poisons little negative data is available to prove the physical harm we suffer. but with over 100 people willing to swear they have reported exposure ,to the doctor there and to doctors in Eugene associated with both hospitals,and it not appearing in their charts it will at least bring a spotlight to the subject and perhaps the truth of how damaging these chemicals are will be revealed
seed

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I agree one hundred percent sky. This is infuriating stuff. The big companies are screwing the people at every turn. It's disgusting how the dollar will take precedence over human life. And to the folks calling for more deregulation I say we need more regulation of certain industries. We need watchdogs / watch dogs that can bite not like the toothless EPA and FDA's actions in the BP fiasco.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm fairly new here & actually this will be my first post if it works. I agree with the overwhelming sentiment expressed by the ATS community responding to your post. my blood boils when I hear stuff like this. the first thing I thought of was contacting "60 Minutes". and then I thought may as well contact "Dateline" as well. & then it clicked; Ann Curry. she is the news reader on the Today show (soon to be the co-host). she is also the host of Dateline. but most importantly she is an Oregon girl. I've heard her speak fondly about her roots and her love for the state. Ann Curry strikes me as a people person. if anyone is familiar with her I think you would agree she comes off as one of the "good ones". her compassion and empathy are obvious. I think if anyone in the MSM can help it would be her. I'm not the most computer savy guy on the planet but I will try to e-mail her via NBC and the Dateline/Today shows with a link to this thread. if anyone knows a quicker way of getting this info to her and you think it's worth a shot by all means do it. good luck. I hope this helped.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
BUMP.

The forests of the US West Coast are some of the most beautiful and enchanting places in all of America. I moved around the states a bit, landed in Portland 4 years ago, and never had the desire to live elsewhere. (One of the last remaining large cities to resist water fluoridation) Traveled down to Eugene and beyond many times.

This is one of the most serious issues ever to come onto this website. It's happening NOW - everyone can agree that this is deadly serious and must stop. I think ATS needs to have some kind of special feature where we can all organize together to make it as easy and straightforward as possible to lend a helping hand.

Sounds like some positive developments are finally starting to peak their heads but instead of relaxing, this means we need to take it UP a notch. We need to do more than just talk about this.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We are having a community meeting in a few days. We have some MSM attention and I and my family are to be interviewed and speak about our material and health losses as well as confirm that even 5yrs after leaving just living any where near logging is still affecting us with stomach cramping and muscle pain as well as neurological symptoms of extreme agitation and nervousness.We live on the coast now and have about 20 miles to logging lands.This spring was spent with the same debilitating conditions described above we have had for 12 yrs now since we first were made ill.Mid summer more and again around Xmas with poisons that linger "inert" till early spring.
I wish to thank all of you who see the picture here and what we face. I will post what happens over the next week and hope to report we are making headway for the first time since some of the city organizers got
AGENT ORANGE banned after an OSU prof got the idea to use the leftover from 'Nam on the forest and the people in it!( the beginning of chemical forestry)
I have not been back for several yrs except quick visits to Doc and some friends so I am really afraid of what I will see in my former community. I know a lot of faces will be missing and some like my friend Day will be haggard and sallow.Others puffy and edemic.
We have ,hopefully, something that can no longer be ignored in the school water report. Now do they use it to destroy the community which revolves around the school? We all fear this, they close the school and the kids are forced into 4 hrs a day on a bus to get to the nearest schools. If this occurs the community will crumble and this will scatter the coalition. My wife and I are some of the handful of those who ran who still fight. It all will be clear this week the course the community will take in saving itself,school and health as well as if we are still yelling down a dark empty hole.
seed

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Any updates on this event?

Did those TV interviews happen as planned? If so what happened, were they honest in their reporting? This is important stuff. Please keep us informed =)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Am leaving ATS with this. Followed by blue Suburban to meeting. Strangers IDed themselves as "forestry", buff, crew cut, shoes that cost more than a "forestry" rep makes in a month. Two small local media. An environmental monthly and a local radio news guy no major media. High power Attny called and quit day previous.
AM not continuing any further attempts at change. I am taking my family and getting out of Oregon to someplace dry and remote.
There have been "other" things occur best left unsaid involving the medical community which have made it impossible for this subject to be broached or documented by ANY Dr. in Oregon I can find (or my neighbors) and I was not even able to get my Dr to look at the toxicology data.
I choose to live and fight another day as this seems to be not just a lost cause but a very dangerous one also. I hope this stays in folks awareness but have no illusions of effecting change in this corpratocrisy.
seed

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I can't remember being so conflicted over a thread. You sound 100% genuine to me. Yet I see this thread just dwindling into almost complete obscurity. All I really can say is, I hope you stay safe. I hope you come back to this thread to help spread the information you have, though I understand it could jeopardize your safety. It seems genuinely worthy of not just attention, but serious alarm. I think ATS should make this a central issue, T&C be damned. It's too important if true.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

You probably never herd of the documentary "Corporation".

I started reading the thread and didn't realised it was a month old but there is one thing that i knew of, the outcome. Also, this is not the first time someone is retracing their request to expose the truth, theres at least 2 or 3 recent events here on ATS that are somehow taboo. I'm quite glad the OP came and explained his reasons for leaving and i fully understand especially if the situation is becoming delicate.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I wish you the best of luck, friend! If I was you I would spread this information everywhere. You may sacrifice your comfort zone but the word will get out. You need to break this silence!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

I can't remember being so conflicted over a thread. You sound 100% genuine to me. Yet I see this thread just dwindling into almost complete obscurity. All I really can say is, I hope you stay safe. I hope you come back to this thread to help spread the information you have, though I understand it could jeopardize your safety. It seems genuinely worthy of not just attention, but serious alarm. I think ATS should make this a central issue, T&C be damned. It's too important if true.

Yes it IS genuine and just as the thread on possible buried agent orange in the gainesville area of florida. There are some powerful interests involved that are making "things" happen to keep this quiet. We do have a couple third party organizations speaking out but, we the primary victims, are on borrowed time and many too sick to even get out. As for ATS this would really conflict with some of their advertizing sponsors who's parent corporations are players( Monsanto, Dow,Sigma Aldrich) so I do not even have any illusions that this post can do more than let folks know we exist, we are sick, and no one who can do anything to change it happening to more people just do not care.It is NOT defeatist it is realistic. Defeatist would have been to stay and say "oh well" Most of us now have become quite realistic and are choosing to try and preserve our children's health some of which are already sick like my own with nerve damage and less lucky battling cancers.
One last for instance. The young lady our former business gave a scholarship to gave birth to a child with extremely rare tumors on the heart and other organs. This is one of those "nobody get this" kind of cancer. But she is a strong lady and not only dealt with her own childs illness but adopted three other kids from all over the US. As of today 2 now have the same tumors and the third is showing the MS-like symptoms my own kids have.
She has also run from her home, her family settled the area over 100 yrs ago and still ran a century farm until ten yrs ago when still born calves tanked them. She now lives in town and has all she can handle with three tumor ridden children. Her neighbor tested several hundred times the limit for 2,4-D and Atrazine in her urine not 6months after she moved.
I am fully capable of dealing with direct threats it is the threat that my wife or kids could be driving to the store and "something" happen, that I could come home to a dead dog or that the term 3co-t3rrorism is a hot new way to shut people up. We will see if AJ will pick up the story as well as Coast-to Coast hopefully but otherwise we are trying to find Dr's who can help as most of us are quite debilitated and do a couple hundred folks all with the same PHYSICAL symptoms need anti-depressants or more than the "I don't care" blanket thrown over?
If we get any help that matters I will post it but while we are ignored we feel we are and our families are vulnerable.
seed

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join