It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet little genocide on our back door

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

This story angers me like no other. Why is this not being covered extensively by MSM!? Qadaffi farts and we hear about it, but when it comes to outrages on our own soil they ignore it...

I hope you and your family are safe, and find some form of retribution for your pain and suffering.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

This sounds like a class action law suit ready to happen. Where is erin brockavich when you need her. How about filing for some kind of injunction to force them to stop spraying until they can prove it is safe not the other way around and you having to prove it is dangerous. Where is the EPA or the FDA on this spraying issue. Aren't there laws to prevent polution that is a hazard to animals?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Alot of stars and flags but little replys.

Im speechless to be honest and dont know what to say.
edit on 17-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar
i'm with this person here...

this is so screwed up, to say anything i'm liable to lose it and scare people in the next house.

if THIS if not a case of domestic terrorism. i dont know what it is.

mass poisoning, IEDs and black ops....all in the PNW?? i never thought it'd be that way up there.

then to see monsanto rear its ugly head again...
i'm sure Rummy has a nice net worth with all the death he caused over the last 30yrs.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

This is a horror story. It shows how corrupt the Oregon government is. Probably paid off by the timber/logging industry corporations to ignore complaints.

How beautiful the Pacific Northwest was.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is occurring all over the world.

The cause is SHORT TERM PROFITS in the form of tax offsets for global corporations.

We the people buy products trusting that morals existed in there creation. Blind Belief.....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, I've been looking for more info., on this issue.
The general pop of the area, is told to believe that plutonium is very common in the area and should be of no concern. Hanford Plant(WA, near Northern OR) chemicals, in fact, do cause cancer. The saddest child I ever met, was a little girl(family member of neighbors), whose parents had lived near the plant during the child's birth and until about 9 yrs. They were ill informed of what can happen living so near. She had stomach cancer and was soon on her way to go to Disney Land, through Make A Wish foundation.
edit on 17-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A flag seems insufficient, but like others, i'm at a loss for words.

Genocide is an entirely appropriate term, and a class action suit pointless in the face of the immediate threat.

War ... all i can think, you and your neighbours are given up for dead already, makes sense to take them with.

peace and love

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
There has always been a solution yet we have been conditioned to believe that the same ACTIONS that led to the creation of this country are now wrong in every sense of the word...

Just take a look around at all the apathy on display here and elsewhere WHICH OF COURSE fits in nicely with just about every CoC from here to China and back...

It is all a bunch of apathetic mind control crap.

Peace... as they poison us...
Love... as they kill us...

So very kind of us...why dont we simply DO ourselves and save our Fascist government the trouble?

That would be the Patriotic thing to do...

Oam oam oam prayer prayer prayer believe in a higher power because I feel so weak and powerless...

I have a long list here of people with great minds, great minds that believed peace was the answer...

They are all dead, many with a bullet in their head...
Every move accomodated, anticipated and thus subverted, perverted and ultimately silenced.

Great people with great ideas whose time had yet to come.
Their great minds incapable of calculating the extent to which their masters will goto in order to ensure the servitude of them and future generations.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
No one will do anything because herbicides, fungicides and pesticides are used by people who know how quickly they work and how much easier they make it to grow their $.

Its like hitting your head against a brick wall. You can be sick, they don't care. It is toxicity at its worst and no one seems to realize just HOW MUCH of this crap is being sprayed and applied everywhere. I know, because I live in an agricultural belt of traditional farming. Literally burns your eyes, your lungs, your nose, and makes you sick. There is no where to run; at least in the short range area. ha.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is outrageous. How the hell are they allowed to get away with this? This is madness! This should be illegal! WTF!?!?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Unbelievable how totally inhumane big business has become. My head is spinning!

With all the forums and postings about reptiles and evil bogeymen, this really puts it in prospective.
You can't get any lower, any more evil than the darkened heartless "casings" of so-called human beings that allow these repulsive deadly deeds on thier follow human beings. All the evil is right here in our own reality.

The only constructive thought I have is to look at how the members in the Arkansas earthquake thread banded together and helped get the word out to expose the dangers of fracking. Go on facebook and get the word out.
Expose the local officials and see them with thier backs to the wall. They can run but not hide any longer!!!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

This is a real horror story, Monsanto are worse than the devil.

Part of me thinks that everybody should just up and leave the area but of course, if everybody left, they would win. I completely appreciate the 'indwellers' vigilance in trying to put a stop to this. Unfortunately, I fear they will never win.

I don't blame you for leaving the area, I'm pretty sure I would too.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this sh*t is real son. No speculation or jungle drums here. This is the stuff that makes ATS serve it's true purpose, I don't know what we can do about it right now but knowledge is power so thank you. Please keep us informed of any developments.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Isn't tourism a big industry along the Oregon coast? I've been to or thru several of the places named in some of the links. At the time I had no idea of the kind of pollution there is there.

I am wondering if the threat of losing tourist dollars couldn't somehow be added to the mix of weapons to use against this problem. I would surely think twice about wanting to spend time in such a toxic environment.

My heart goes out to those who live there. I've sent this info to my family in the area. People throughout the state need to get behind this.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Alot of stars and flags but little replys.

Im speechless to be honest and dont know what to say.
edit on 17-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

Ditto after reading this i just dont know what to say.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

edit on Tue May 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Justice Clarence Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto in the 1970s. Thomas wrote the majority opinion in the 2001 Supreme Court decision J. E. M. Ag Supply, Inc. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.|J. E. M. AG SUPPLY, INC. V. PIONEER HI-BREDINTERNATIONAL, INC.[114] which found that "newly developed plant breeds are patentable under the general utility patent laws of the United States." This case benefitted all companies which profit from genetically modified crops, of which Monsanto is one of the largest.[24][115][116]

Michael R. Taylor was an assistant to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner before he left to work for a law firm on gaining FDA approval of Monsanto’s artificial growth hormone in the 1980s. Taylor then became deputy commissioner of the FDA from 1991 to 1994.[24] Taylor was later re-appointed to the FDA in August 2009 by President Barack Obama.[117]

Dr. Michael A. Friedman was a deputy commissioner of the FDA before he was hired as a senior vice president of Monsanto.[24]

Linda J. Fisher was an assistant administrator at the United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ (EPA) before she was a vice president at Monsanto from 1995 - 2000. In 2001, Fisher became the deputy administrator of the EPA.[24]

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was chairman and chief executive officer of G. D. Searle & Co., which Monsanto purchased in 1985. Rumsfeld personally made at least $12 million USD from the transaction.[24]

en.wikipedia.org...
Man! Talk about some conflict of interest!

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Original off-topic post, causing thread-drift:

The company spent $8,831,120 for lobbying in 2008. $1,492,000 was to outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists.[112]

Former Monsanto lobbyist Michael R. Taylor was appointed as a senior adviser to the Food and Drug Administration (United States) Commissioner on food safety on July 7, 2009.[113]

en.wikipedia.org...
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join