It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: Spirit of Rachel Corrie Ship Heading Towards Gaza Attacked By Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Oh really so the israelis should just let shiploads of katyusha's rpg 27's rpg 7's ammunition body armor and etc into their country?
The destruction wrought by those attempting to destroy the peace process on BOTH SIDES is INEXCUSABLE!!
by calling out just one side in this shameful drama you are giving your tacit approval for a continuation of this RIDICULOUS cycle!
So here's some friendly advice for everyone out there who keeps feeding into this.... Grow Up. Get a Grip. and if you can't be a part of the solution .... SIT DOWN SHUT UP and stop being PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Why don't YOU sit down and shut up...

Why should Israel be allowed to get any weapon it asks for and not Palestine??
If you were really serious then you'd disarm BOTH sides,not just one....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Because of the sensationalist title and the choice/order of the words therein...
I totally thought this was an ALIEN/UFO thread LMAO

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
Because of the sensationalist title and the choice/order of the words therein...
I totally thought this was an ALIEN/UFO thread LMAO

I think even ET knows better than to stray near Israel..

They're a little trigger happy over there.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

LMAO
That totally reminds me of this:
(NEVER gets old lololol)

edit on 17-5-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey would someone like to post a source that saids the blockade is legal? Because all i can find is the un saying it isn't....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

"Peace activists" my big furry Marine Corp butt. They want to provoke a confrontation to make the Israelis look bad. Guess what? They will lose every time.

I liked your vid but the image of the vid shows a pic of rachel corrie with the captions hamas killed her. I would really love to see some proof about that since she wasn't
edit on 17-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Let's discuss the legality of this attack.

Under the U.N. Convention of the Law of the Sea a coastal state has a "territorial sea" of 12 nautical miles from the coast over which it is sovereign. Ships of other states are allowed "innocent passage" through such waters.

www.reuters.com...

The boat was is international waters, hence it was illegal to enforce the blockade against it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by Misterlondon

Let's discuss the legality of this attack.

Under the U.N. Convention of the Law of the Sea a coastal state has a "territorial sea" of 12 nautical miles from the coast over which it is sovereign. Ships of other states are allowed "innocent passage" through such waters.

www.reuters.com...

The boat was is international waters, hence it was illegal to enforce the blockade against it.

The blockade is also illegal.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

It was nowhere near the Israeli coast anyway...
It was off the Gaza coast..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

Sure it is. If it weren't the UN would have done something about it after the Mavi Marmara.

So then you can tell us all Israel's position in Gaza?
Are they at war, are they the occupying force??

Please show links to show proof of Israel's statement...

I think you'll like this one. It's actually a fair assessment. www.csmonitor.com...

This one is a legal website that has an even better explanation. opiniojuris.org...

First off, I think it woud be a great start to just get rid of all of the lawyers (bottom of the sea?
j/k.) Arguing whether Gaza is a State or not is a moot point. Israel is indeed in a state of war with the Hamas led entity. The Palestinians fire rockets and mortars into civilian neighborhoods every single day - if that isn't war, I don't know what is.

Maybe it would be better if The UN granted the Palestinians statehood; then there would be no question of the legality of Israel pounding them into dust. You know me BiB, at least I hope you do by now. War to me is an abhorrent thing, but once engaged, I think it should be pursued to its conclusion - with extreme prejudice.

The Palestinians have been attacking Israel almost non-stop for over a generation. Actually, I'm amazed that Israel has restrained itself as much as it has. If I were the head of state of Israel, and rockets and mortars were landing in my civilian areas every day, I would do whatever I had to in order to crush the threat as soon as possible. I mean come on... The Palestinians aren't even targeting military bases - which I would consider legitimate targets - they purposely target civilians: don't you have a problem with that?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

I liked your vid but the image of the vid shows a pic of rachel corrie with the captions hamas killed her. I would really love to see some proof about that since she wasn't
edit on 17-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

Very simple really. As explained in the video, IHH is essentially the foreign propaganda wing of Hamas. IHH just loves to put naive young people into harms way so that if they are hurt or killed, the Israelis will be blamed.

Look at it like this: Say the US Agency For International Development were to place civilians in an area where they knew there was a strong possibility they could be killed. Wouldn't the ultimate responsibility for those deaths fall on the US government? Same thing here. Hamas told IHH, "We need a blond haired, blue eyed college student to stand in front of a bulldozer to stop them from destroying the homes that conceal the tunnels we use to bring in arms and ammunition - and we don't care if she's killed. She is after all, an infidel." So not only is IHH responsible for the death of Rachel Corrie, but when it comes right down to it, Hamas bears the ultimate responsibility for the death of that poor, misguided, young girl.
edit on 5/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel has not declared war simply because then they would have to follow rules..
Therefore the blockade IS illegal..

Unless you can show me where Israel has declared war..

As for the rockets...
Do you not agree that Israeli settlements are nothing more than an invasion and stealing of land by force??
Is it not a people's right to fight back?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
Attack? Dramatic much?

LMFAO -ROFLMFAO

They fired shots across the bow to get the damn thing to stop. They are enforcing a blockade. Period!

International powers all recognize the blockade, therefore it is a legal blockade... If you don't like it, fight it. Dont try and break it..

Put down your Granola bars and patchouli and rally support to lift the blockade, dont just keep sending aid ships INTO A BLOCKADE!!!!

Israel is going to tuck its tail and let the ship through?? No f'ing way! 10 out of 10 the boats will be stopped.....

They DID NOT ATTACK, they persuaded the boat to stop.

The boogy man is here folks.... Israel is the new boogie man.. or old, depends on how radical your view is.

Everyone better hope that Israel keeps a reasonable feeling of security, for when they don't, the pestering pokers will have their pokers destroyed!

Watch how many stereo types I am called for this... Its typical and pathetic!

From a humane perspective. Do you concider this blockade to be righteous?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel has not declared war simply because then they would have to follow rules..
Therefore the blockade IS illegal..

Unless you can show me where Israel has declared war..

As for the rockets...
Do you not agree that Israeli settlements are nothing more than an invasion and stealing of land by force??
Is it not a people's right to fight back?

The Palestinians would regret the day if Israel ever declared war, something they have never done except in self defense.

As far as I know, the land those settlements were built on - besides the fact that the the Israelis are only reclaiming what was theirs since antiquity - was PAID for, in cash.

The Israeli government did not move to prohibit settlement (which would have required new laws) and, in fact, offered financial incentives to Jews to move to the territories. But these settlement communities did not exploit any Arab ownership or displace any Arab community or farm. The Jewish settlements have been established only on:

Land in pre-existing Jewish communities, or
Land that was unowned (that is, was previously controlled by Jordan and had no private owner), or
Land purchased from established owners.

The propagandistic idea of Palestinian Arabs being “forced out” is not the case. Much land was still empty or underutilized. Many Jews bought the land or dwelling they moved to. When public land was involved, Israeli settlements were established only after an exhaustive investigation process, under the supervision of the Supreme Court of Israel, designed to ensure that no communities were established on private Arab land.
SOURCE

So since the land was BOUGHT from the Palestinians, why should the settlers now give it up?

Interestingly, and sadly, the Palestinians who sold their land to the Jews are under sentence of death:

Palestinian land laws are laws which relate to ownership of land under the Palestinian Authority (PA). These laws prohibit Palestinians from selling Palestinian territory lands to "any man or judicial body [corporation] of Israeli citizenship living in Israel or acting on its behalf."

These land laws were originally enacted during the Jordanian occupation of the West Bank (1948–1967), and are deemed by the Palestinian Authority as being necessary to prevent further expansion of Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories and to "halt the spread of moral, political and security corruption". The law carries a sentence of the death penalty. SOURCE

Anyone else having a problem with getting quotes and links to appear where you place the cursor?

*ETA - WHOA! Sorry for the bold text. Seems there is another posting glitch I need to watch out for.
edit on 5/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2011 by OldCorp because: Hope that fixed it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I noticed all you pro muslim supporters ignored my post on page 3 which showed the whole "aid" trash is a lie and is nothing more than a PR stunt.

As for the blockade being illegal, it makes me laugh every time I hear you children cry about it. Is every other country on the face of the world allowed to protect their borders, but Israel is not?? And since when do you have to declare war in order to make a blockade????

Do you see America declaring war on Mexico as we try and block our borders off? How foolish your shameful reasoning is.
edit on 17-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Bixxi3

I noticed all you pro muslim supporters ignored my post on page 3 which showed the whole "aid" trash is a lie and is nothing more than a PR stunt.

Did you watch my video on the Mavi Marmara? I showed examples of the "aid:" bullet proof vests, gas masks, medications well past their "use by" dates, etc.

I agree 100%. The whole thing is just a show; it was then, and it is now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I actually have agreed with most of what you said. As for the ones that believe the ship is filled with humanitarian aid because they are told so, well shame on them. I personally don't believe everything that I am told. I think Israel was letting the ship know, we are watching, we are here and we will stop you if needed. I for one have no issue with Israel. I actually applaud Israel and most of what they do. I read the conspiracies regarding Israel and think why. They are a country that has 100's of millions that want to kill them just because they are Jews. Israel is a small country surrounded by hate, they protect their own. Does our country protect us? We have Mexicans crossing our borders robbing, killing and draining our country- our leaders just make jokes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Also, every incident will not create WW III. The people over there have been fighting forever, I think they value life and know the true stakes if war is declared.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ok enough is enough i don't care anymore who is right and who is wrong,coz both sides are feeding us propaganda.
Both sides are responsible for the ongoing situation down there and they do nothing for peace.They are 5 year olds that fight over a toy and non of them is mature enough to back up,review the situation and find a solution.

I don't know what the interests are,but someone has to tell them : GROW UP.

I only hope no more blood will be spilled,on both sides and especially children's blood.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Palestinians would regret the day if Israel ever declared war, something they have never done except in self defense.

If Israel has NOT declared war or has not admitted to being the occupying force then they can NOT legally impose a blockade..

As far as I know, the land those settlements were built on - besides the fact that the the Israelis are only reclaiming what was theirs since antiquity - was PAID for, in cash.

Despite the fact that I disagree with you I still find it hard to fathom your logic..
eg: I can buy land in the US but I'm pretty sure they'd be pissed if the Australian military came with me and secured my borders plus an exclusion zone of land which I didn't own..
As for uninhabited land, again they'd be pissed if I decided to settle parts of Nevada etc..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join