It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: Spirit of Rachel Corrie Ship Heading Towards Gaza Attacked By Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We can remove the blockade argument and look at it from this angle. Egypt has opened their border with Gaza and aid has been getting in.

Israel withdrew all military forced from Gaza back in 2005, leaving Hamas to run the territory. Hamas still calls for the destruction of Israel. Its in their charter, and their most recent press release reiterates that view.

Since Hamas still attacks Israel and wants to destroy them, then a state of armed conflict exists between the 2. That also allows Israel to intercept vessels and inspect them for contraband.

We can have the argment of the legality of the blockade all we want, and we wont be changing anyones minds due to the topic at hand and the passion behind each sides argument.

I fail to understand why Hamas still attacks Israel, even more so since Israel withdrew all of its forces. The argument about settelments in the West Bank belongs to Fatah, not Hamas.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by mkkkay

World war 3? I think not. For what it seems the vessel went against the command of both Israeli and Eygptian ships, there for they (Israel and egypt) fired upon the vessel crippling it.

ALS

Do you refuse to look at this billwww.abovetopsecret.com...
would you no be pistoff, they could invade any country.even it's own people...

You obviously didn't read the whole thread.. The language that everyone was so up in arms about was taken out of the final version of the bill...

Now on to the topic at hand. I hate Israel, I really do, there's nothing like a manufactured state to make things just go haywire in a region, they are aloof, snobby and think that they are better than anyone else, BUT...

They were enforcing a blockade that they previously alerted about. And in that respect they did not break any laws, nor were they acting improperly.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
IMO WW3 started a long time ago, 2002 i believe.

Just a blockade here, but wouldn't be surprised to see our media put its usual twist on it and make it seem like "there's terrorist ships with machine guns everywhere and we must go now to help stop this madness"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, did someone call them and tell them to knock it off!?
I'm sure they know what there doing. really, why should we worry about it since they have all the same information and don't seem to care?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
We can remove the blockade argument and look at it from this angle. Egypt has opened their border with Gaza and aid has been getting in.

Israel withdrew all military forced from Gaza back in 2005, leaving Hamas to run the territory. Hamas still calls for the destruction of Israel. Its in their charter, and their most recent press release reiterates that view.

Since Hamas still attacks Israel and wants to destroy them, then a state of armed conflict exists between the 2. That also allows Israel to intercept vessels and inspect them for contraband.

We can have the argment of the legality of the blockade all we want, and we wont be changing anyones minds due to the topic at hand and the passion behind each sides argument.

I fail to understand why Hamas still attacks Israel, even more so since Israel withdrew all of its forces. The argument about settelments in the West Bank belongs to Fatah, not Hamas.

Israel has not declared war so the blockade is illegal. But the attacks from Hamas will most likely happen until Israel gives back all the land it has stolen.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I know the situation is dire but icant help myself thinking about Israel being the bully in the school yard beating up the smallest kid of them all and while he beats him out, he make sure the girls look at him to compensate for his small thingie. I would like to meet israely ppl and ask a couple question, i know that the authorities are the problem but still are they blinds and deafs?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
when it comes to israel the united states won't defend it's own citizens. i believe that they can sink a private american vessel in international waters carrying relief, kill 9 amercian citizens and the united states won't even issue a condemnation.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Good for Israel

2nd line

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

No if all those countries put down their weapons, israel would do a false flag in order to justify more expansion.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Then you obviously FAIL to grasp the fact that they are all Palestinians..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They asked for trouble and got trouble. No surprise. Oh, and a media event. What they really wanted all along as there was no way Israel was going to let them reach land, just as before. And you are expecting sympathy for this move? Not from me! Consider all the billions of dollars received by Arafat over the years, Fatah over the years, and Hamas over the years..... all of which could have gone to improving the lives of Palestinians in the Gaza strip and the West Bank, but no, instead it goes to weapons, luxury villas (Arafat's widow lives in luxury in France, among many other high up leaders of the movement), elitist living standards for the few, and in return instead of actual Education, the people get indoctrination classes with little hope for good jobs that require a decent education. How much for each missile versus hospital needs? How much for each gun versus school books? How much for each mortar and launcher versus infant support? And of course, the culture of treating women as inferiors. They aren't going to win against Israel militarily, but rather than improve their lives, they keep warring and receiving funds and donations from around the world to keep up the struggle. I suggest a different tack after all these years. Negotiate for peace and land and get on with life. They have many backers and will get support for a livable peace that offers a future within the international community.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Israel always attacks ships heading for Gaza, nothing new here.

Israel is one of the most hostile countries on Earth it seems like. Most likely orders from the US as Israel is simply the US's little middle eastern puppet of itself.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If Gaza so desperately wants "aid" then why the devil do they not ship aid and supplies (weapons, explosives, and drugs) into EGYPT FIRST, then just walk the blasted supplies into Gaza from the southern entrance which is NOT BLOCKED OFF!!!

This shows these so called aid ships are nothing more than propaganda to make Israel look like the bad guys. The more blood the Israeli's splash into the water from these fools, the better I sleep at night.
edit on 16-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by srsen

No, you have a valid point. I've seen a doco which followed the Australian Coast guard (i think it was), and they did exactly what you described - a shi ignored their request to stop so they fired across it's bow. It stopped. They boarded it. All legal and no problems.

Yes, the Australian Coast Guard can do that in Australian waters..

The Israeli blockade on Gaza is NOT legal..
Israel point blank refuses to declare war or admit they are the occupying force so they can not declare a blockade..
They refuse to admit anything because then by their dubious standards, there are NO rules..

Sure it is. If it weren't the UN would have done something about it after the Mavi Marmara.

And just so the rest of you folks are aware, once a ship declares its intention to run a blockade, it can be stopped, boarded, and turned around anywhere in the world. If the ship had come from Iran, Israel could have stopped in the Indian Ocean; proximity to the coast is not the issue, the intention to run the blockade is the determining factor.

I don't know how many have seen this video I made last year, but since it's relevant I'll go ahead and post it.

"Peace activists" my big furry Marine Corp butt. They want to provoke a confrontation to make the Israelis look bad. Guess what? They will lose every time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Stop exaggerating......no flotilla (especially in to Gaza) is ever going to start WW3

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh really so the israelis should just let shiploads of katyusha's rpg 27's rpg 7's ammunition body armor and etc into their country?

The destruction wrought by those attempting to destroy the peace process on BOTH SIDES is INEXCUSABLE!!

by calling out just one side in this shameful drama you are giving your tacit approval for a continuation of this RIDICULOUS cycle!

So here's some friendly advice for everyone out there who keeps feeding into this.... Grow Up. Get a Grip. and if you can't be a part of the solution .... SIT DOWN SHUT UP and stop being PART OF THE PROBLEM.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

No stereotype name calling here. You are just stating facts instead of lies. Star for you.

On topic -

Everyone on that ship orchestrated this to happen exactly as it did. This is not Humanitarian, it's an attempt to spark a war on purpose. Those on that ship are more evil than those they call evil. You have to be a truly sick person to do what they are doing here.

They are two days late it seems. They were supposed to be there last Sunday to help cause a huge war and kill all the Jews. They can't even be relied on to show up on time to start a slaughter.

I wonder if Ayers is on there or hiding in Turkey? If he follows his old pattern he is someplace safe in the background.

You guys were all aware that this was fully orchestrated to coincide with the breach of the Syrian Border by the Jihadists? Right? The whole thing is an open book if your eyes are not closed or your mind closed due to some hateful ideology.

If they succeed, they will likely be responsible for more deaths than even Mao. Once that fuse is lit it won't stop there. Keep watch on Pakistan where the real horror will start. The elimination of the Jews will just be the beginning. These creeps keep kicking that bomb on purpose, sooner or later it will explode. I think soon now, perhaps as soon as this month.

Europe, this bit of entertainment will be coming your way soon. Tick Tock

The irony is that when the Jihadists are done with the Progressives, they will turn on them next. When they are finished with everyone else, you will be the Great Satan. If you win, you also lose big time.

Chow.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Yeh, WW3 started just because Israel attacked a civilian ship, probably carrying terrorist sympathizers from the same group that launched the last flotilla. Yep, makes sense.
I can see mushroom clouds already.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Sure it is. If it weren't the UN would have done something about it after the Mavi Marmara.

So then you can tell us all Israel's position in Gaza?
Are they at war, are they the occupying force??

Please show links to show proof of Israel's statement...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why are they blockading in the first place? Who is being blockaded? What is up with that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join