It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: Spirit of Rachel Corrie Ship Heading Towards Gaza Attacked By Israel

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Your making this something that it isn't..

Israels definition of "indefensible border" - A border that is hard or impossible to defend. period!

They aren't crying over size... they are saying that the borders set forth in 67 are hard or impossible to defend, hence "indefensible border"

Why are you trying to make it something it isn't? Why would you attack my comprehension level, when it is you that seems to have the problem with comprehension?

By asking what that sentence meant, I must have offended you....... how exactly? Do you require that everyone just reads what you write and move on, even if it makes no sense?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Your making this something that it isn't..
Israels definition of "indefensible border" - A border that is hard or impossible to defend. period!
They aren't crying over size... they are saying that the borders set forth in 67 are hard or impossible to defend, hence "indefensible border"
Why are you trying to make it something it isn't? Why would you attack my comprehension level, when it is you that seems to have the problem with comprehension?
By asking what that sentence meant, I must have offended you....... how exactly? Do you require that everyone just reads what you write and move on, even if it makes no sense?

Firstly, didn't the Jews agree to those borders when Israel was established..??

Secondly, please tell me why the borders are indefensible and how stealing more land would really make a difference??

Edit; Maybe Israel should also look at ONE piece of land rather than trying to split the Palestinians into fragmented pieces like they have done..
edit on 27-5-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

bringing borders into the subject is taking away from the original post and going off topic.
this topic is about "The Spirit of Rachel Corrie" and its attempts to land in Gaza.
this thread is not about Israel and its arrogance.
it is purely discussing the ship, and if it has rights to dock in Gaza to deliver humanitarian aid.
as i have shown in my posts, the blockade is clearly illegal, so by right, it should be allowed to dock to deliver the much needed pipes.

if you want to discuss borders, then please have a read of this link and then, start your own topic of how, in your opinion (as you are not supplying evidence of how they cannot be defended) Israel cannot defend itself on the 1967 borders.

many thanks
edit on 27-5-2011 by djyorkie because: forgot to include "reply to"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

Agreed mate and sorry for straying off topic to answer these people..

NO ONE can show where Israel have agreed they ARE the OCCUPYING FORCE so their quoting of the San Reno Treaty is nothing but deflection..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

straying off topic with no evidence/structure/valid content is something the supporters do very well, and indeed, manage to fill many posts with pointless arguments that they cannot back up with any meaningfull links/content.

This isnt my thread, but i find the whole subject of the gaza bound ships very fascinating, and although before i never really held any opinion of who is right/wrong in this conflict, i have certainly been encouraged to do some research in providing links, and have come to the conclusion that israel is certainly the aggressor, and in the wrong. maybe a conclusion i may not have reached if it was not for the "Israel right - rest of world wrong" attitude of some of the posters.

just wished that some of these people could actually put forward some substantial facts about how legitimate israel is in its acts on Gaza..... not seen ANYTHING yet

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

True..

What I find is that Israel and it's supporters will NEVER state Israel's stance on the Israel/Palestine situation..

That way they believe they can quote all these different laws without actually being bogged down with the repercussions that said laws invoke..

It's a real "have your cake and eat it too" scenario for them..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If you are waiting for the Israeli leadership to come out and call it an occupation, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Israel has it's hands tied on this... I don't really care..

Here is my view... Whether you call the beginning of the 6 day war, a preemptive strike on a readying army, or a sucker punch, the fact remains. Israel was attacked by ALL of it's neighbors..... If the Arabs had won, the land would no longer be Israels.

I have always had this belief... Each country minds its own business... Until attacked... When attacked, that country doesn't have to abide by an rules.. Kill them all! The land goes to the winner! period!

This would stop all these little pokers all over the planet, from doing all of their poking.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

hmm, unusual perspective...
so... ermm... going by your philosophy... if you go out shopping, and i break into your house while you are away... that makes your house all mine... winner takes all.... cool.

so when you going shopping next?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Israel withdrew all forces from Gaza in 2005. Hamas continuws to attack Israel, and ISrael can defend itself under UN charter.

With Israeli forces completely out of gaza, why is hamas contoinuing their attacks?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

hmm, good to see your posts still continue to come without anything to confirm what you are saying......
ok, here is my reply in the same format....

Hamas continues to shell israel because israel have enlisted the help of Santa and the tooth fairy.
both santa and the tooth fairy sneak into gaza every night, stealing toys from all the girls and boys, and the tooth fairy goes and knocks out the teeth of hamas as they sleep.
this has made hamas very very very very angry, so one night they set a trap to catch santa and the tooth fairy.
this unfortunatly failed, and they ended up catching the easter bunny instead.
now this made santa very cross indeed, so he took in an apache helicopter, and started blowing gaza to pieces, and hamas, became so scared of santa, that they did eventually let the easter bunny go, but to punish gaza, santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy, all now patrol around the perimeter of gaza, not allowing anything in.
this has put the gazans into such poverty that the only way they can draw attention to their plight is by firing more rockets at israel, and israel, the big military machine, is now scared of some small rockets. in comparison to the damage done by santa, it is nothing.
all of the above is a true story and answers your question perfectly.
i have all the correct info, and links to all the proof, but i aint sharing it, so ner ner ne ner nerrrrrrrr.

(this is just what it is like to us reading a pro-israeli post... how do you like it?)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
just found the best place for "spirit of rachel corrie" updates

they have a facebook page. click to visit

regularly updated with the latest news, and info on how ppl can help.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Israel withdrew all forces from Gaza in 2005. Hamas continuws to attack Israel, and ISrael can defend itself under UN charter.

With Israeli forces completely out of gaza, why is hamas contoinuing their attacks?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

If you are waiting for the Israeli leadership to come out and call it an occupation, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Israel has it's hands tied on this... I don't really care..

Here is my view... Whether you call the beginning of the 6 day war, a preemptive strike on a readying army, or a sucker punch, the fact remains. Israel was attacked by ALL of it's neighbors..... If the Arabs had won, the land would no longer be Israels.

I have always had this belief... Each country minds its own business... Until attacked... When attacked, that country doesn't have to abide by an rules.. Kill them all! The land goes to the winner! period!

This would stop all these little pokers all over the planet, from doing all of their poking.

Your logic is flawed. Why? Simply because the more powerful nations can do false-flag attacks, blame it on an innocent country and invade them (9/11 and World War II are 2 very good examples).

If what you say is the rule of the land, then those same countries doing the false flag attacks on themselves can take land and recourses without limit.

IT--
edit on 27-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: The Spirit of Rachel Corrie Ship Heading Towards Gaza Attacked By Israeli Forces – 16TH MAY 2011

infofeeder.info

10:57am KL, Gaza 5:57am:
One Israeli warship coming to us very fast!
We are in international waters, therefore they have no right to attack us.
We are still sailing ahead.

10:59am KL, Gaza 5:59am:
They are opening fire across our ship!
We are still sailing ahead.

11:09am KL, Gaza 6:09am:
They are shooting all over the place.
We can’t continue …

11:35am KL, Gaza 6:35am:
They circled our ship twice and fired across our ship. Machine guns.
No one was injured.
One of the fishing nets caught the propeller, so we can’t move now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-5-2011 by srsen because: (no reason given)

Pity there isn't an organization where people can join to help the Israeli's in defending their territory from invading louts.

Your going to arm their enemies, of course they have the right to blow you sky high or throw you in jail. Stay out of war zones if you don't want to be shot at.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow, kinda got off the subject of the attack on the Rachel Corrie, Huh?! I can relate to alot of what has been posted. I know the world is a very hostile and sometimes inhospitable place, mostly because we humans will always try to get more than we need. Ergo economy. However, I believe(and know) that it is perfectly legal to do this in international waters...watch whale wars on Discovery channel sometime. Eco-terrorist scare me worse than polictical-terrorists. Take it or leave it... just saying.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I didn't see in the OP, or the first 3 pages, that this ship was also fired upon by Egypt, and they were disobeying orders from both to turn away:

10:54am KL, Gaza 5:54am:
We have been intercepted by Israeli ship and Egyptian ship.
We are disobeying the orders and sailing ahead to Gaza.

11:37am KL, Gaza 6:37am (Derek Graham):
The Israeli ship was coming from one end and the Egyptian ship was coming from another end.
Firing.
We are just stalled now.
Everybody is okay.
No one is injured.

Surely that information wasn't left out to make Israel look as bad as possible.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Rachel Corrie? Didn't she get crushed by a bulldozer?

I guess the move was so stupid people felt sorry for her and named a ship after her?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Rachel Corrie? Didn't she get crushed by a bulldozer?

I guess the move was so stupid people felt sorry for her and named a ship after her?

Pretty much.. There is no longer a need to run the blockade now since Egypt has opened its border with GAZA. Lets see how much arms are bourhgt in now....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pretty much.. There is no longer a need to run the blockade now since Egypt has opened its border with GAZA. Lets see how much arms are bourhgt in now....

By the same token then, there is NO NEED to continue the blockade, right??
Ya think Israel will abandon the blockade now? I don't...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I dont think they will end the blockade. I do beleive though that if weapons are brought in through Egypt in mass quantities that we will see Israeli military ocupation of the Gaxza strip again though.

As I said before, this is the perfect time for The arabs to make a complete ass out of ISrael. If the economy in Gaza can be stabalized and restored with goods coming in from Egypt, and there is no increase in attacks on ISrael from Gaza with the egyptian crossing open, then the question on whether or not the blockade of Gaza is valid / usefull would be answered. Israel would be forced to abandon the blockade, and any failure to do so could result in world opinion turning against them more than what it is now.

If arms flow into Gaza and the violence against ISrael spikes, then there is no winner on either side.

I for one am tired of the wars and would liek to see a resolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join