It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot Prediction involving cosmetics come true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hello folks, I didn't know where to put this, I hope it's in the right spot. (Mods, please move if I'm incorrect)

Some of you know about the Web bot predictions, for those who are unfamiliar please see their site at www.halfpasthuman.com... I don't know if it's available for free somewhere, as far as I know you have to buy it. I don't want to step on copyrights here, so I'll paraphrase, I hope that's acceptable.

Point is, in the "Shape of Things to Come" issue #9, it forecasts that "bad makeup will surface on over a million faces". This bad make up has "disease promoting substances" This trend shows growth over 2011 into and particularly in 2012. This issue causes "scars" that will try to be hidden or "viciously denied".

My point is that I found an article in today's news (Montreal Gazette), posted today entitled:

Study exposes cracks in cosmetics' foundation

a Toronto-based environmental group has tested dozens of cosmetics products commonly used by Canadians and found virtually all of them were contaminated with heavy metals.

Researchers tested commonly used products from various companies for arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury, beryllium, selenium, thallium and nickel. Although the 49 items tested contained no mercury,

lead was detected in 96 per cent of the products, arsenic in 20 per cent and cadmium in 51 per cent. Nickel was found in all the products tested, beryllium in 90 per cent, thallium in 61 per cent and selenium in 14 per cent....
The highest levels of arsenic (70 parts per million), cadmium (3 ppm), and lead (110 ppm) were all found in lip glosses, which are easily ingested because they are worn on the lips.

Those responsible for this study hope the government will act to end this, however they suggest women check out their makeup products at either Safe Cosmetics . org or Environmental Defiance. They also recommend using less, press the government and Health Canada as well as demanding the companies themselves list ingredients.

I don't know how long this has been going on.. it's new to me and I can't help but wonder if this is what the web bot is talking about in it's prediction.

Please post your thoughts.

~EDIT~ Mods, please change the title to read Has Web Bot Prediction involving cosmetics come true? Please, Thankyou
edit on 16-5-2011 by Invariance because: title change request

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my opinion...

The general consensus will be ......

To hell with the medical dangers, vanity is more important.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you throw enough predictions out there sooner or later one will hit.

This is what the web bot does, and what many others do on this site.

I think its just a coincidence.
edit on 16-5-2011 by imasecretspy because: sentence structure & typo

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nope.

Not even close to a hit.

It's not as if the cosmetic companies have just started to use highly toxic chemicals in their products.

It's been this way for a long, long time.

People have been mucking up their bodies with this junk for decades.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I'm not so sure that this is a prophecy or even a strech of a prediction. Manufactures of all manners of personal health and beauty products have been adding cheap additives which are not safe for human use to increase profit for a long time.
However I will S&F for good content and brining up an issue that is often overlooked and super important. We have been trained like monkeys for years to use these products to make us "beautiful"....

We are all beautiful it's just that some of us have not realized it yet.

Thanks

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah not impressed....If webbot was truly interested in helping people and their future they wouldnt make you pay for a bunch of predictions that have never come true.

What did Cliff and his magical machine have to say about Osama Bin Laden's death or the Fukushima nuclear plant?

Shouldnt these be screaming at web bot and their language spiders? Instead they predict dangerous make up.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Holy smokes. I found the link where you can find out about your own cosmetics:

www.ewg.org...

The things I mainly use are okay, but some of the most expensive stuff you can buy is also the worst.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Schkeptick, Thanks for the link.
That's is a really excellent site, I'll be making my kids check it out for sure!

Ok, maybe the webbot thing is a coincidence, there seems to be a lot of differing opinions about it.

How long have heavy metals been in makeup?

How many times has this issue gotten attention? Am I wasting forum space here? Sorry, but this is big news to me, All I've ever heard about cosmetics is the advancements they've made to keep people looking young, etc...

If I had ever once thought there were heavy metals in cosmetics, I would have found safer products for my teenage daughters to wear. At the end of the day, where I come from this remains a little known fact.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Invariance because: link comment

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Just a thought, but my understanding of webbot, was that it took words or phrses from the internet, and made predictions from what it sifted ?

If this is the case, then it would be quite easy for such a prediction to emmerge, as somewhere there will be the info of what such ingredients are contained in make up.

Like I said I could be wildly wrong, but this is what my thoughts were

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I saw those numbers and was not surprised.

I started a thread on ATS called about the 'current war on women' detailing various ways that women were under attack- that all added up to as worse atrocity as any in history. My focus was on Planned Parenthood and the attempted total de-funding. This would lead to thousands of deaths by cancer as 90% of what Planned Parenthood does is early cancer detection (which actually saves billions of dollars in the long run). And of course the attacks on the Unions of late mostly involve employment that women engage in- teaching and nursing.

The ATS mods (whom I have noted are mostly male) saw fit to close the thread. I didn't know if this was because they are misogynists or because it reflected badly on the GOP. Same thing, basically.

But you can bet that if these were cremes or ointments that men were using they would not contain arsenic, lead, etc. Women, in general, are of the poverty class and less likely to be able to legally counter such a finding.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Those responsible for this study hope the government will act to end this, however they suggest women check out their makeup products at either Safe Cosmetics . org or Environmental Defiance.

So I go to 'safecosmetics'.org and am immediately pissed off. Female oriented websites are so utterly demeaning and ridiculous. They 'look', almost always, like the design is intended for people on the short bus.
CARTOONS? CARTOONISH FONTS? Somehow they think women have the attention span of a 5 year old and need patronizingly, sickeningly simplified 'cutesy' bull# all over the page to, what, keep them focused? This is a serious health issue and needs to be treated seriously. And you can't get that across with Sunday Comics fonts and cartoons.
Damn this pisses me off. And I see it over and over again on the web.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know about the cosmetics, but going to the nail salon you will have a 99% chance of getting toenail fungus. This is when your toenails will crack in half and fall off. It took me a year to get over that. I am not going to go back. If I ever go back I won't let them paint the nails, and I would soak my feet in apple vinegar afterwards.

Soak your toes in a cup of apple vinegar in water in a bucket of water filled up a few inches, until you feel the skin under your nails start to tingle. I put toenail fungus killer on my toes every night for months, put socks on afterwards.

Cosmetic companies should have to be FDA approved and have the ingredients listed on the packaging.
Switching Haircolor boxes from different companies throughout the year is harsh on hair. Be brand loyal.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9

Originally posted by Invariance
Those responsible for this study hope the government will act to end this, however they suggest women check out their makeup products at either Safe Cosmetics . org or Environmental Defiance.

So I go to 'safecosmetics'.org and am immediately pissed off. Female oriented websites are so utterly demeaning and ridiculous. They 'look', almost always, like the design is intended for people on the short bus.
CARTOONS? CARTOONISH FONTS? Somehow they think women have the attention span of a 5 year old and need patronizingly, sickeningly simplified 'cutesy' bull# all over the page to, what, keep them focused? This is a serious health issue and needs to be treated seriously. And you can't get that across with Sunday Comics fonts and cartoons.
Damn this pisses me off. And I see it over and over again on the web.

I agree with you, perhaps it's an attempt directed at the younger crowd? I don't know, but I do agree that there are a lot of women's issues that aren't given the serious attention they deserve.

~EDIT~ The links supplied in the original post were supplied by the article itself, in looking at the Skin Deep database, I prefer that site the best.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Invariance because: edit note on links

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
I don't know about the cosmetics, but going to the nail salon you will have a 99% chance of getting toenail fungus. This is when your toenails will crack in half and fall off. It took me a year to get over that. I am not going to go back. If I ever go back I won't let them paint the nails, and I would soak my feet in apple vinegar afterwards.

Soak your toes in a cup of apple vinegar in water in a bucket of water filled up a few inches, until you feel the skin under your nails start to tingle. I put toenail fungus killer on my toes every night for months, put socks on afterwards.

Cosmetic companies should have to be FDA approved and have the ingredients listed on the packaging.
Switching Haircolor boxes from different companies throughout the year is harsh on hair. Be brand loyal.

Thanks for the information, and I'm sorry to hear you had a problem like that. But I have to agree with the whole point that the cosmetics industry should be regulated by the health officials of all countries. There are no ingredients listed on most items, but does that give companies the right to poison us? HECK NO!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Professional grade beauty products DO list the ingrediants, as we need it for coshh assesments in the UK.

I would NEVER use a home dye on my hair, those products are LETHAL. They are way stronger than the pro ones, and are chock full of nasty ingrediants . They have to give a uniform result without any skill or training, so are the strongest available!

Nail infections from a salon should be reported, as their hygeine procedures are failing.Salon procedures should be safe and hygeinic. If they are not, then the manager of the salon needs to be told.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I personally think that web bot is a bunch of crap, just to make money off paranoid people, but I wanted to thank you for drawing my attention to this issue. Thanks also to Schkeptick for that link!

I've always tried to be careful about avoiding certain chemicals, but it seems they keep finding ways to sneak them in on us! I knew to avoid sodium lauryl sulfate and oxybenzone and such but looks like there are more to look out for now and obviously any cosmetic company isn't going to list lead or some other heavy metal as an ingredient. Being the makeup collector that I am, looks like I'm going to have to go through my collection and throw out a few things. Hate to have to do that, but I'd rather ditch it then end up with heavy metals in my body... from cosmetics anyway. Who knows how else they manage to poison us, lol. But that's a whole other thread.

Thanks a bunch!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I personally think that web bot is a bunch of crap, just to make money off paranoid people, but I wanted to thank you for drawing my attention to this issue. Thanks also to Schkeptick for that link!

I've always tried to be careful about avoiding certain chemicals, but it seems they keep finding ways to sneak them in on us! I knew to avoid sodium lauryl sulfate and oxybenzone and such but looks like there are more to look out for now and obviously any cosmetic company isn't going to list lead or some other heavy metal as an ingredient. Being the makeup collector that I am, looks like I'm going to have to go through my collection and throw out a few things. Hate to have to do that, but I'd rather ditch it then end up with heavy metals in my body... from cosmetics anyway. Who knows how else they manage to poison us, lol. But that's a whole other thread.

Thanks a bunch!

A good hair range is Pureology, and the best pure makeup is Jane iredale. I have been researching this subject because of my job.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe those "scars" will be acne scars?

I really don't take web bot predictions seriously anyways.

top topics

join