It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mate the mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My mates dad has been a Mason for years since his dad got him his initiation then my mate became a Mason now my mate the same as me flunked school he isn't the brightest either but not long after becoming a Mason he landed the job he couldn't have dreamed of in a barristers office don't know the details of what he does but just by looking at his new car and his bachelor pad his landed on his feet.Has I said he not the brightest so on the rare times I do see in his always got a bit of info on the masons for me.He told me how it's a place for the White man the the black people who are in are just there to keep the heat of the fact there a racist group.

Where going Amsterdam for the weekend soon his got some writings and photos his took from the past and wants to show me them he also wants me to join,the masons has never interested me but I could do with a good job.
.What's the pros and cons of being a Mason

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncertain1
What's the pros and cons of being a Mason

The biggest one is that your friend, from what you told us, has no idea what it means to be a Mason.
edit on 16-5-2011 by OnTheLevel213 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

My mates dad has been a Mason for years since his dad got him his initiation then my mate became a Mason now my mate the same as me flunked school he isn't the brightest either but not long after becoming a Mason he landed the job he couldn't have dreamed of in a barristers office don't know the details of what he does but just by looking at his new car and his bachelor pad his landed on his feet.Has I said he not the brightest so on the rare times I do see in his always got a bit of info on the masons for me.He told me how it's a place for the White man the the black people who are in are just there to keep the heat of the fact there a racist group.

Where going Amsterdam for the weekend soon his got some writings and photos his took from the past and wants to show me them he also wants me to join,the masons has never interested me but I could do with a good job.
.What's the pros and cons of being a Mason

It sounds to me like you're jealous. Jealous of your "mate's" bachelor pad, new car and job.

You don't have any proof that him supposedly becoming a mason was the reason behind his sudden influx of wealth. You're just guessing.

And now you want us to guess along with you.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow, lucky So, I have been a Mason for years, where is my car, pad and super job? Damn right I am jealous. LOL

It has nothing to do with him been a Mason. Some members of our Lodge cannot rub two pennies together. Jeez, they cannot even pay the dues at times.

I am sure that he either just got lucky, or got help from another source.
edit on 16/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

Mod Note : Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 16-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

He don't his a dope smoking nutcase but he has that likability factor which has got him into some very exclusive Mason dinners and his always getting invited to some of the top masons here in the uk houses.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Its just a bigger and much more varied network of friends, one that you wouldn't ordinarily have introduced to your regular social group.
On occasion you will have others look out for you and assist you as your other friends would, only these friends won't just be people you were at school with, or grew up with in your neighbourhood, these friends come from a wide ranging group of ages and professions, its a really good contact group.
There really is a lot of nonsense talked about the masons and from the inside reading some of it on the internet its very funny.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

Way off my friend I have two lovely kids my own house nice car were I'm from we don't get jealous of our mates I know how he got the job he told me.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

he also wants me to join,the masons has never interested me but I could do with a good job.

If you do not have a good job then how did you get all of the below?

Way off my friend I have two lovely kids my own house nice car...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrunner

So is it true the masons in your lodge what ever it is Who own there own company will only employ people from the Mason community I havnt got a clue about the masons and the little bits of info I do have are off the few people I know who are masons.I've also been told just because your a Mason dosnt mean you are going to be told everything the masons do and don't do the top masons are just like our guv and the masons like my mate are just like us do you get my drift
edit on 16-5-2011 by Uncertain1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ok I have a good job he has a great job and I'm sure I don't have to do the birds and bees talk about how I got my kids right..Why would I be jealous before he had the job we couldn't go out he never had money if we did I would pay,I'm over the moon he got a great job he pops round now and then brings me kids some bits.He paid for 5 of us to go Amsterdam.I've been brought up not to worry about what the next man has got worry about what you have got,watching his riches ain't going to make mine grow

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

Enjoy your trip. Your friend has found a bit of luck. I won't pretend to know all about masonry in the UK, but I think it's a lot like masonry in the US. While it has happened that some people have benefited by joining groups, it is not the norm. At least monetarily. Masonry is not and should never be used as a vehicle to promote one's self.

I am reminded of a saying, "it encourages all that is good, kind, and charitable, and reproves all that is vicious, cruel and oppressive." You may in fact be able to join with your friend and get wild riches, but that isn't masonry, not even a little. If your story is true, then I feel deep pity for your friend.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As i have heard many a time, if you want to be a mason, all you have to do is ask one, so the choice is yours. The pros and cons..
well it is a fraternal network that gives you access to resources you might not have been able to get to because you wernt first in line.. example a woman who was the widow of a mason wanted to start a child care center, the masons sold her an old church they were selling, at a very low price compared to the open market. ad this came from a friend who is a mason. He often told me if i had a good business idea, that he could find me funding as long as it was a god idea and written up etc.. but i declined
not my cup of tea running a business.
the cons , well they have secrets and levels of power that we aren't told about before joining.. that doesn't ring true to me 100%
and on one occasion i turned up to his house unannounced and there were heaps of people in suits all arriving, and he politely told me i wasn't welcome at this time because it was a different circle of friends..i hold no grudge over that, but its not for me.
No one can make your mind up for you, and there is heaps worse things you could do then be a mason. Its not as bad as many make out, but its a bit "rich" for me/(and i dont mean money rich)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have a Mason friend that flies to the Philippines and comes back happy. He showed us one day at work pictures of all the young little girls he got to spend skin time with.

Ask your Mason friend to see pictures of the little girls. Since you used "mate"....Australia's men have been getting into the Philippines. They run alot of the bars/girls now. Likely the Aussie Masons.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

your screen name is perfect.

don't change a thing.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Every once in a while I see someone mad that when someone becomes a Mason it comes with "perks" like connections to jobs. Well ... here is a fact for everyone:

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Whether it's a family friend, college frat brother/sister, parents, siblings, friends, people you know passingly, a friend of a friend, boss of a friend etc etc etc .. these connections provide a step up to get a job over just sending an application. Fact.

Becoming a Mason can, sometimes, provide these connections. If you join, your active and you become FRIENDS with the other Masons then is it surprising friendship can lead to references or connections? No .. it's Human nature.

If you join just to get business connections, quite often you'll land on your face because no one will like or trust you enough to give those connections.

My army friends are the exact same way, especially Marines.. they have whole networks devoted to connections. As do college fraternities. Social clubs. Political action committees. Churches!

Human Nature.

Get over it.

Stop being jealous.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nepotism can occur with anyone of common bond. It's not exclusive to any one group. One should never join the Masons in an attempt to get a better job, if you are, you're lying on your petition.

Most Masons who own there own company will employ those who are best suited for the job, as any good employer should do.

reply to post by Rockpuck

Knowing the right people is always a help in life. The job I will be going for when I'm back home I found out about it from a friend who heard it from a friend who works for this corporation.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OP, you need to take baby steps.

You can start by learning how to use periods in sentences.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I have a Mason friend that flies to the Philippines and comes back happy. He showed us one day at work pictures of all the young little girls he got to spend skin time with.

Ask your Mason friend to see pictures of the little girls. Since you used "mate"....Australia's men have been getting into the Philippines. They run alot of the bars/girls now. Likely the Aussie Masons.

Ummm.. did you just admit on ATS to looking at pics of little girls?!?

WTF is wrong with you? Pedo?

new topics

top topics

join