Beginning of Planet X debate, I realized that if I could prove Leonid Elenin to be a code name, I'd have the Smoking Gun. I was not able to prove
this, and since of late the comet is visible to astronomers around the world in telescopes, I'm not concerned. I think there might be a real Planet X
lurking out there, which might be a threat way down the road. As is true for other comets and asteroids. This may be the topic NASA and other
astronomers are uncomfortable talking about.
Reasons for my initial suspicions of Elenin:
1. Translation of his name, obviously! Leonid (meteor shower) ELE (extinction level event) and Nin (lady Sumerian god/planet)
2. He only started using his English name upon comet discovery, when by obscurer Russian name before
3. Internet traces go back to 2007, tying him to various astronomy institutions/studies/articles, but it wasn't until a few months prior to comet
discovery that his blog was created
4. There are only two pictures of him on Internet, besides this latest video, even though he's recently come out of shell and talks to everyone who
address him on Facebook/his blog/etc. I have an additional one of him and his daughter, which I got through one of his FB buddies, however.
5. He would not answer - and still hasn't answered - why his parents named him Leonid, etc, considering he grew up to be an astronomer!
Reasons I think he's a legit guy and no government cover:
1. He has been incredibly open with people on Facebook and his blog, and while it took some time, he has finally provided a current video
2. There are at least three individual pictures of him that I've seen (confirmed), as well as many online mentions that give him credibility...like
he commented on astronomy forums and studies well before comet discovery.
3. He has not gone to any trouble to "debunk" the theory, but has reacted as a normal person would - curious about theory, etc...even posting the
odd alignments in one blog post!
4. If NASA were to create this personality, they didn't do a great job. The only reasons I feel we're suspicious of Elenin is because he just
happens to be a private guy. NASA could have made him more clearly a public person from get go, while still maintaining that guy's code name.
5. THERE ARE SO MANY LEONID ELENINS. www.facebook.com...
translate the name to Russian and then search Russian Leonid Elenins, you'll find a lot of matches. Regardless, "Leonid" is a name that's used and
"Elenin" is a very common name.