It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Elenin Says its a Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

In regards to this being a different guy, do you have anything to go on beyond just a "gut feeling"?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAccidents
Ok, I was NEVER to register at this site, but reading this thread I just couldn't take it anymore. That is NOT an ID! It's just a pass for the institute he is working at. They often look that sloppy, USSR memento, I guess. And while comparing the photo from that very pass one can clearly see the resemblance with the guy from original Elenin photo. OldCorp you are trying to hard.

Sure there is a resemblance, just not enough of one to convince me it's the same dude.

As far as "trying too hard" I suppose you'd rather I not try at all Mr. Sock Puppet?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by OldCorp

In regards to this being a different guy, do you have anything to go on beyond just a "gut feeling"?

His hair is parted differently, his freckles are gone, he doesn't have the "rough" look the first guy has, he doesn't have as pronounced a crease at the bridge of his nose; and that's just off the top of my head.

Surely someone here has the facial recognition software the feds use to measure the different prominences on the face...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by OldCorp

Same nose.

Same right eyebrow higher than the left.

Spamming the same comparison 3 times in two pages....

What's your game mate?

Why are you so desperate to discredit him?

It's almost as if you've got an ulterior motive...

I was thinking the same thing...
Guess he doesn't want us to lose interest in elenin before he releases his video, thats if he ever does.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Anyone have software for facial recognition....or want to try this one? www.softpedia.com...

That should answer the question if it's the same dude. I just don't want to download anything

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well, I know you realize that the photo of his "Marlboro man" look is of better quality than the crappy youtube footage, could this not then explain in the most obvious fashion the discrepancies you mentioned?

By the way his hair appears to be parted in the same place. Also, when my hair is short I part it differently than when it is longer I do the hand push back. People don't maintain their high and tight their whole life.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by OldCorp

His hair is parted differently, his freckles are gone, he doesn't have the "rough" look the first guy has, he doesn't have as pronounced a crease at the bridge of his nose; and that's just off the top of my head.

Surely someone here has the facial recognition software the feds use to measure the different prominences on the face...

dude you can look into this - think it's worth looking into - but the conclusions you're jumping to! i can find lots of pictures of me where i look totally different from one to the other, EASY to do

and this isn't even a dramatic difference, at ALL, i think it looks spot on

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well I'm downloading facial recognition software myself. If it turns out it's the same guy, I'll issue a mea culpa; but please don't question my motives or integrity. ALL I want is to get to the truth, whatever that may be.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well I don't question your motives, and you have every right to be suspicious after all.
My concern is that the two images are of such differing quality that any results you get will be inconclusive thereby furthering any ideas of conspiracy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

what is your evidence that the porson on the left is purported to be elenin ?
edit on 16-5-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't really care whether these two guys are the same person or not, or even if one of them is Leonid Elenin. They could be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for all I care. However, who they are is irrelevant. All that matters is that there is no UFO or alien spacecraft following Comet Elenin, and the comet is not going to suddenly change direction and head for Earth.

For the nth time on this forum......PLEASE STOP WORRYING ABOUT COMET ELENIN! It is a normal comet, moving in a normal, highly elliptical solar orbit. There is nothing special about it. There is nothing unusual about it. There is nothing sinister about it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

You government disinfo troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joking.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No direspect at all.....just thought it would help either way.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why is the picture on the left the only pic of him on the internet?with the exception of this new one??Seems odd
can anyone find any other pics for comparison??

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Damn. The "free" software I downloaded requires the Matlab processing engine (which costs a nice chunk of change.) All of the other facial recognition software I found on Download.com is for logging into your computer with your webcam. I can't find any free software that measures the distance between facial features even on a trial basis.

Surely some of you mathophiles have the Matlab software. The facial recognition add-on is free.

If you folks had gone through what I have these past few months, the stonewalling, misdirection, and flat out refusal to talk, you'd be suspicious too. I honestly believe that's not the same guy for the reasons I've already posted. If anyone can prove me wrong - and I mean PROVE with mathematical facial measurements - I will gladly say I screwed up; but as long as all we have to go on is what we SEE, I maintain it's not the same guy; his brother or cousin maybe, but not the Leonid Elenin in last year's picture.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
Why is the picture on the left the only pic of him on the internet?with the exception of this new one??Seems odd
can anyone find any other pics for comparison??

Good point. There are hundreds of variations on my ugly mug floating around cyberspace. Why does this guy have only one or two?

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
what is your evidence that the porson on the left is purported to be elenin ?
edit on 16-5-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

That's the pic on the website of the Astronomy Center where he is said to work.
edit on 5/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Looks like the same guy to me

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I sent the pics off to the best photo editor I know. IDK if he has the right software in his computer right now, but if anyone can give us an answer, he's the man. I guess well see when he gets back to me.

edit on 5/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
He's squinting, that's the only difference I can see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a18931f8d1a4.png[/atsimg]

It's the same guy.

...or maybe a clone!?!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Do any of us really know what a Russian university id/pass looks like? Yes it looks crappy, but it doesn't mean it's fake. It just means the university doesn't bother making it look ultra-fancy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join