It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Elenin Says its a Hoax

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I don't know who that guy is, but it is NOT the same "Leonid Elenin" that "discovered" the "comet!"

I call BULL[SNIP]!

I'll put up side by side pics in a minute.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a829a93435d.gif[/atsimg]

Like I said. BULL[SNIP]!

I don't know who is doing it, or why, but someone's pulling a fast one. No way in hell is that the same guy. The first "Leonid Elenin" looks like an enforcer for the Russian mob; the second looks like his fat-kid-on-the-playground 2nd cousin.

edit on 5/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

People like you piss me off... straight up. I go to the gas station, to buy cigars.... I present my ID, (In my picture, I'm a few years younger, and I had a short hair cut..... and clean shaven) They look at me, I have a goatee, and Shoulder length hair, and they say it's not me in the picture.

I take a rubber band from my wrist, but my hair up, put my hat on, hold up my ID, and cover the top of my head with my thumb, and then they are like... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Are you really incapable of identifying the same person????

Clearly, Elenin, has shaved and gained a little weight. You are also comparing a professional photoshoot, with a still picture obtain from a real life situation....

Clearly the same person....

DEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRP.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Here is another place perception comes in.
I don't clearly see "NOMENKLATURA"
I see "HOMEHAATYPA"

And what does "HOMEHAATYPA" mean?........how does that translate?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by OldCorp

Here's a better comparison pic:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c060aad15528.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: Changed pic to one that fits better.

edit on 16-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

HAHA - Beat you to it.

Still, Nice job! Star for you.

Calling OldCorp...

I do NOT understand you. You tease a nearly-completed video investigation of Comet Elenin, to which you said you received road block after road block for (quite suspiciously), and then you say you're encountering viruses adn all kinds of odd technical difficulties putting the video up?

Then suddenly ... ATS is involved ... then suddenly you NEVER post the video ... then you post a totally unrelated election video? And then you come here and make Something out of Nothing, when you could be following better angles - teased in said video above?

Has ATS taken over your account? You posted a message telling people you thought you were being followed and they should WORRY about you dropping off face of this planet.

Is that what happened? Because that is what this seems like tat. That or more likely YOU'RE A FRAUD

Either way you suck BALLS at your duties right now

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyDollar
Let me clear things up a little bit.

I'm from a eastern European post-communist country, similar to Russia, and also know some Russian.
I speak a language similar to Russian in which the same Cyrillic alphabet is used that you see on the video.

The ID he's showing is a member card from some kind of organization, it is not an government issued ID.

There is nothing unusual with it from what I can see. It just looks like an ID for some kind of club. I'm a member of a local library, and my library card looks similar. A small soft-cover booklet, with my photo and a stamp on one paper page, and a few other pages with some other info.

This is nothing unusual, since most organizations in this part of the world don't use high-tech equipment to create sophisticated plasticized electronic cards, you mostly get a laminated piece of paper with a stamp, or a small booklet with a few papers that have your info in it, and a stamp and some additional info.

Now look again and look closer.. Generally it looks suited for a russian country ID, but even then there are too many details that prove that it was just put together and is not related to an institute he is saying this is for. He clearly said it was his "sdudent ID". It would have to have more information on the ID then it does, otherwise it's not even legit.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And for the record of people oddly changing behavior/irraiontally discrediting themselves:

OldCorp

9Nania - Posted real prediction of March 11th Japan quake (said marth 11th was first day of alignment, first day to expect quake...but she did say she thought march 15th most likely and in la, she siad japan was also a possibility along with 4 other cities - including la... i recently read someone won a $5 bet over telling people he knew thered be a quake that day based on her chilling warning : ) she ended up on alex jones radio i believe too, not sure. anyways her video that followed featured none of the 'science' or methadology she used in the video before, it was not based on a perfect alignment (the next one will be in sept) and it did not feature her voice or her likeness. it also conveniently said she was running for the hills. but she's logged in since and doesn't respond to anyone.
Astropatriot - amateur astronomer hot on elenin trail - people thought him a clever fraud, or at least someone who really believed his theory - and he was tracking it. i guess he wasn't perfect (but who could blame him early on) but most research was quite compelling. he dropped off face of earth (apparently for a second time in a row .... was his return, which featured some inaccuraces, which was then followed by ANOTHER drop off face of planet plus someone posting on G L P that he was a sex ocfender. all his videos were removed - why remove anonymous videos ? )

Are there others?

Frauds that ran for hills after discovering nothing .. or people who got too close to truth?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer
And for the record of people oddly changing behavior/irraiontally discrediting themselves:

OldCorp

9Nania - Posted real prediction of March 11th Japan quake (said marth 11th was first day of alignment, first day to expect quake...but she did say she thought march 15th most likely and in la, she siad japan was also a possibility along with 4 other cities - including la... i recently read someone won a $5 bet over telling people he knew thered be a quake that day based on her chilling warning : ) she ended up on alex jones radio i believe too, not sure. anyways her video that followed featured none of the 'science' or methadology she used in the video before, it was not based on a perfect alignment (the next one will be in sept) and it did not feature her voice or her likeness. it also conveniently said she was running for the hills. but she's logged in since and doesn't respond to anyone.
Astropatriot - amateur astronomer hot on elenin trail - people thought him a clever fraud, or at least someone who really believed his theory - and he was tracking it. i guess he wasn't perfect (but who could blame him early on) but most research was quite compelling. he dropped off face of earth (apparently for a second time in a row .... was his return, which featured some inaccuraces, which was then followed by ANOTHER drop off face of planet plus someone posting on G L P that he was a sex ocfender. all his videos were removed - why remove anonymous videos ? )

Are there others?

Frauds that ran for hills after discovering nothing .. or people who got too close to truth?

to clarify -

prehaps astropilot's first missing act was the only real one. then "govt" profile returned, left again posting that he's a sex offender ?

crazy i know but let's at least keep track if this keeps happening

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Mods,

Think it's time to change the title of this thread,

It now has more posts discussing Leonid Elenin himself.

"OldCop Says Leonid Elenin is a Hoax"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well they do say "never believe anything until it's been officially denied".

On this story, you can't get more official than what the namesake says, and my best guess, at this point in time, is smoke and mirrors.

Whether we like it or not, real of hoax, truth or propaganda; ELEnin has a part to play in what they are preparing (us) for...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

Well they do say "never believe anything until it's been officially denied".

On this story, you can't get more official than what the namesake says, and my best guess, at this point in time, is smoke and mirrors.

Whether we like it or not, real of hoax, truth or propaganda; ELEnin has a part to play in what they are preparing (us) for...

I do think they like that we're hooked on this theory - the powers that be - why I don't quite know.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Lol, but I didn't quite get you, do you agree or disagree with me? Or yes?

p.s. don't miss the "nomenklatura" explanation I gave above, you seemed interested in its purpose.

First of all, mate, take my apologies for that post, I was little bit of nervous.
My first impression of your post is that you gave us bunch of explanations that is meaningless, that that is out of your capability to speculate who thought it's his personal ID. Well I don't know is it his personal ID, and I'm trying to figure what that ID stands for and why he pulled that ID in the interview.
Please, if you have your explanation for that interview, you're free to post it, and please don't be offensive to other posters.
As for your nomenklatura explanation, my question will be, does your police station stamps IDs with stamp APPROVED, or I don't know, Ministry of internal affairs??

Cheers

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe off topic, but I would like to say something about the comet itself.

1. Incognito amateur astronomer found the comet with rent a telescope in lately 2010!?
2. NASA and other space agencies failed to found it before him with high tec equipment
3. NASA gave orbit diagram with data indicating the comet will miss the Earth
4. Their calculations is highly susspicious, because of simple fact that they do not have enough parameters, and it is to soon to calculate, as many other factors were not implemented
5. So, finaly, NASA gave Leonid significant amount of money, so he could state that there is no reason for fear morn

My five, not two cents

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

1. Incognito amateur astronomer found the comet with rent a telescope in lately 2010!?
2. NASA and other space agencies failed to found it before him with high tec equipment
4. Their calculations is highly susspicious, because of simple fact that they do not have enough parameters, and it is to soon to calculate, as many other factors were not implemented
5. So, finaly, NASA gave Leonid significant amount of money, so he could state that there is no reason for fear morn

My five, not two cents
Addressing your points:

1. Not a rent-a-scope, but a remotely operated telescope owned by the International Scientific Optical Network, an organization that operates remote telescopes in a number of different countries to search for both comets and asteroids.

2. The vast majority of comets discovered by "NASA" are from the SOHO and STEREO spacecraft. Because those craft are pointed at the sun, they tend to only see those comets that pass close to sun. The vast majority of comets still very distant from the sun are discovered by amateurs.

3. While the JPL Horizons program provides orbital calculations, the "official" reporting of observations and calculating of orbital elements is handled by the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center, the branch of a non-governmental international agency dedicated to the discovery and monitoring of small bodies in the solar system.

4. The calculations from both the MPC and JPL are currently based on over 1,700 separate observations of the comets position since its discovery in December. This is more than any other comet I've ever seen. For most comets, you're lucky to get a few hundred observations. These observations are submitted to the MPC by both amateur and professional astronomers and are used to calculate the orbit. The MPC lists the individual observations, and anyone is free to access them and calculate their own orbit if they so wish.

5. Pure speculation with no supporting evidence.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I don't speak Russian.
I'm just saying that to me, it does spell "NOMENKLATURA"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When is there ever going to be a few years in a row that some crackpot ancient 'prophesy' doesn't involve so we can be free of all of this crap, absolute crap and unsubstantiated garbage spew? Most of it coming from people with no higher education in the fields of study, let alone applicable experience.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
When is there ever going to be a few years in a row that some crackpot ancient 'prophesy' doesn't involve so we can be free of all of this crap, absolute crap and unsubstantiated garbage spew? Most of it coming from people with no higher education in the fields of study, let alone applicable experience.

Hey, I'm right there with you, we shouldn't jump to conclusions and get too hooked on these things. But do your research. There's a hell of a lot more to those ancient ideas of the solar system and what it would look like by this time of year, and what affects that would have on the Earth. And we're getting more and more support for Planet X theory as science learns more and more. Not this particular brand, of course. But we discover more and more rogue and brown dwarf planets/stars and potential for life as we learn more and more.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

My five, not two cents
Addressing your points:

1. Not a rent-a-scope, but a remotely operated telescope owned by the International Scientific Optical Network, an organization that operates remote telescopes in a number of different countries to search for both comets and asteroids.

2. The vast majority of comets discovered by "NASA" are from the SOHO and STEREO spacecraft. Because those craft are pointed at the sun, they tend to only see those comets that pass close to sun. The vast majority of comets still very distant from the sun are discovered by amateurs.

3. While the JPL Horizons program provides orbital calculations, the "official" reporting of observations and calculating of orbital elements is handled by the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center, the branch of a non-governmental international agency dedicated to the discovery and monitoring of small bodies in the solar system.

4. The calculations from both the MPC and JPL are currently based on over 1,700 separate observations of the comets position since its discovery in December. This is more than any other comet I've ever seen. For most comets, you're lucky to get a few hundred observations. These observations are submitted to the MPC by both amateur and professional astronomers and are used to calculate the orbit. The MPC lists the individual observations, and anyone is free to access them and calculate their own orbit if they so wish.

5. Pure speculation with no supporting evidence.

Yup, thanks.
But that number five of yours is pure speculation with no supportnig evidence.

And where is your sense for imagination, are you human?
edit on 19-5-2011 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Every conspiracy on the internet, it seems to me , starts from some exclusive video posted that has never been seen before, without any verifiable reference or proof, better yet a reliable source. So maybe we ought to take note who, or where these "exclusive vids" are coming from. THEY are trying to incite a riot in my understanding of the law, or create panic.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Guy In The Video looks like Nick Griffin, The Leader Of BNP

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I for one am totally freaked out above this whole Elenin thing. I renember when people said 2012 was the end.. I almost cried and died of fear.

I did a little google-ing and it took me to an astronomy forum, here is a quote from one of the moderators:

Anyone worried about Elenin - and whether it has the mass to affect Earth..... It passed about half a lunar distance from asteroid 74732 just last week. 74732 is less than 3km in diameter - If Elenin WERE a brown dwarf star, or if it were orbiting a brown dwarf - 74732 would at least have been gravitationally captured, possibly even sucked it right in to a collision. It didn't - they passed each other without incident and continued on their merry ways. If it can't significantly affect a 3km asteroid from half a LD, it ain't gonna even remotely affect Earth from it's nearest approach of more than 80 LD

Here is the forum topic: www.astronomyforum.net...

If anyone can explain to me if Elenin is another hoax or anything to calm me down, I'd be very grateful

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hasomner

Common sense, logic and research will calm you down. Read that paragraph over and over that you quoted and research why it is truth or otherwise. That's all there is to it really. Drop any bias you have and just read about gravity, stars, orbits, comets and NEO's (near earth objects), you should hopefully come out of it more interested in the wonders of space rather then cowering in a basement, tinfoil hat in place and waiting for the sky to fall.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join