It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled explosion near Buckingham Palace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They havn't gone away ya know.

They only have to get lucky once, the government has to get lucky every time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

No, they aren't very good at all.
Much as it pains me to say, the old Provo's were quite good at what they did.
This pathetic bunch of wannabe's are not in the same league.....however, one death is one too many.
Everything possible must be done to eradicate these murdering scum bags.

edit on 16/5/11 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by zookey

No, they aren't very good at all.
Much as it pains me to say, the old Provo's were quite good at what they did.
This pathetic bunch of wannabe's are not in the same league.....however, one death is one too many.
Everything possible must be done to erdicate these murdering scum bags.

Everything is being done, police budgets are being cut.

Who do you think made up the RIRA and CIRA? Old Provo's.

You are right, they are not succeeding at all.
They didnt succeed here either
And they won't be on the mainland either.

While there is no bombs in London, the UK doesn't care.

edit on 16-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDDor a real threat to her throne?

That would have been nice, but I severely doubt it. Damn, the protesting students almost had Charles and his haggard squeeze in their car. If there were only any follow-through with these things.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Is queenie not going to the Republic of Ireland and not Northern Ireland, I can find no mention of her visiting the North.

She's obviously going to see what she got for her paper money in the bailout, perhaps she's getting first dibs. She's pretty keen on the gee-gees, maybe an Irish stud farm or 3

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Yes the British people do care, they care very much about Ulster, The Union, the preace process and the people of Northern Ireland.

CIRA are nothing more than a small handful of disgruntled ex -gangsters who miss the 'good old days' when they bullied and exploited their own communities and manipulated the romantic nature of The Irish people to further their own ends.

Not everything is perfect in Northern Ireland, where is it perfect ?, but things are gradually getting better and people are finally able to go about their lives just like the normal, regular people they are free from the bullying and intimidation of the rackateering para-militaries.

The British Forces should do everything possible to ensure that these murdering scum are apprehended before they have the chance to put a halt to the progress that is being made.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by zookey

Yes the British people do care, they care very much about Ulster, The Union, the preace process and the people of Northern Ireland.

Where did you get that idea from ? I'm sure it's just your opinion.

My opinion, all they care about is not being shot or blown up, other than that they couldn't care less.

Edit: And if they were aware how much Northern Ireland cost them in taxes, they would care about that too.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ukWolf because: as stated above

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

The vast majority of people I know have very strong opinions about Ulster, The Troubles, The Union and the peace process etc.
And I assure you I know a lot of people throughout the whole of the UK.
As such my 'opinion' is based on real and genuine human interaction, what is your's based on?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I care as well. The peace process is important for both sides. Bombs and death threats should be something consigned to the past, and these disruptive murderers who think this is a-okay behaviour appear to be getting much less support. Maybe because people have moved on, enjoying the peace.

Where is the line drawn with them? We can only hope that no one else gets killed, and that they somehow attempt to rationalise their views via the medium of speech, rather than munitions and scare tactics.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by ukWolf

The vast majority of people I know have very strong opinions about Ulster, The Troubles, The Union and the peace process etc.
And I assure you I know a lot of people throughout the whole of the UK.
As such my 'opinion' is based on real and genuine human interaction, what is your's based on?

Without checking I think there are some 50 - 60 million in the UK.

"Yes the British people do care, they care very much about Ulster, The Union, the preace process and the people of Northern Ireland"

So you speak only for those people you know, not the British people.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

I would never suppose to speak for all of the UK, however there is nothing particularly unique or special about my family, friends, associates etc and it is fair to say they represent a fair cross section of UK society.
It is thus reasonable to assume, dangerous as all assumptions are but statisticians and advetising make a lot of money from such assmptions, that they are representative to a reasonable level of certainty of UK opinion.

What did you say you based your assumptions on?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

"Yes the British people do care, they care very much about Ulster, The Union, the preace process and the people of Northern Ireland"

"Yes the British people"

You give the readers the impression that you speak for "the British people", you do not.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

With all due respect I honestly think it's only you who see's it that way and I think I answered that in my last post in this thread.
Why are you repeating yourself?
And why haven't you answered the question I asked you?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

This question; What did you say you based your assumptions on?

reply to post by zookey

Had you wrote, some british people care or the people I know care - there would be no issue, but what you wrote may have left a different impression.

Had I made the statement, the british people do not care, it would have been a misleading statemet.

This playground tit for tat is not great reading for anyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join