It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled explosion near Buckingham Palace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Controlled explosion near Buckingham Palace

www.demotix.com

Horse Guards Parade behind Downing Street and The Mall leading to Buckingham Palace were shut off after an open manhole cover was discovered this morning. A marine policing unit was at the scene along with several ambulance crews.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A bit convenient with the queens departure to N.Ireland due tomorrow, although with her intended route not known it would have been likely she'd been taking the Royal Flight out of either the London Airports to Belfast. A possible False Flag or a real threat to her throne?
Twitter feeds are saying the incident was nothing more than a empty suitcase, but a bit convenient to stuff a empty suitcase down a manhole cover for no other purpose just to discard the thing. When the person could have just easily threw the thing in a bin.

www.demotix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
we have bigger problems to worry about than old queenie and co. personally I'd like to do away with the monarchy, because they don't actually serve a purpose, but I'm not into killing people, would prefer them just to have to stand down...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

after an open manhole cover was reportedly discovered
OMG...
...an uncovered manhole!!!
This must CERTAINLY mean a mastermind terrorist planted explosives down their but was stupid enough to leave the cover off!!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Are you saying they blew up an empty suitcase? Mind you I'd rather have that than someone hurt.

It really boils down to a simple fact that Her Maj and her Government simply should not have upset so many people abroad, not to say, people here are not fed up with the lot of them also.

If you look at Libya, are the Government wanting to punish Gadaffi for Lockabe, are they after Libyan oil and helping the banking system put in a central bank in that country, or are they there to altruistically help people fight for democracy

Perhaps one should warn them, they might get the type of democracy we have here - nb the Irish got to vote on the EU, we were not considered important enough to get a vote by our Government. We have a dictatorship really, barely democratic when you only have two parties to vote for both representing the banks.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The RIRA are after her for war crimes in Eire.

From their refusal to a priest a while back ("at this time" they stated) indicates they are planning an op and that is one op they would like to do.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD

A bit convenient with the queens departure to N.Ireland due tomorrow, although with her intended route not known it would have been likely she'd been taking the Royal Flight out of either the London Airports to Belfast.

the queen, royal family, the pm, foreign heads of state and generally all high security vip's visiting london, generally use RAF northolt in west london for their flights in and out..

with Buckingham palace being the likely departure point, and although horse gaurds parade is very close to buck palace, i think it would be unlikely they would have taken that route..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Mostly manhole covers get pinched and weighed in around here.
People tend to fall down them, not blow them up.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

From their refusal to a priest a while back ("at this time" they stated) indicates they are planning an op and that is one op they would like to do.

wanted for war crimes in ireland???
do you even know what your talking about?

id love you to explain that statement and what war crimes she is wanted for...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Real IRA makes threat

I think THEY Know what they are talking about.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Mostly manhole covers get pinched and weighed in around here.
People tend to fall down them, not blow them up.

same where i am.... there actually worth a few quid..

recently they caught an eastern european gang, that were going around at night stealing them.. apparently they made thousands from it..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Real IRA makes threat

ok fair enough, bbc link.. my apologies...

that is a ridiculous claim though, i understand the n.ireland situation very well being from an irish family.. but war crimes! i think thats taking it a little bit to far...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Real IRA makes threat

ok fair enough, bbc link.. my apologies...

that is a ridiculous claim though, i understand the n.ireland situation very well being from an irish family.. but war crimes! i think thats taking it a little bit to far...

If their thinking supprises you then you obviously do not understand the situation.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I’d say their actions were justified.
Can you imagine the carnage had somebody placed an explosive underneath a manhole during the big wedding parade? And on Live TV?
Apart from snipers and crazy guys driving small cars into people, explosive roads are really the only other threat.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went through more manholes just to make sure there aren’t any other devices.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
I’d say their actions were justified.
Can you imagine the carnage had somebody placed an explosive underneath a manhole during the big wedding parade? And on Live TV?
Apart from snipers and crazy guys driving small cars into people, explosive roads are really the only other threat.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went through more manholes just to make sure there aren’t any other devices.

They never get close anyway
They can not get them in the air either
They would never get into the ring of steel either

edit on 16-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
CODED WARNING OF IRISH REPUBLICAN BOMB IN CENTRAL LONDON.

Warning received at 4:20am.

Centered in area around William Hague's residence.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A manhole cover being a large drain covering found on ground level, I just needed to add that information owing to the fact some people will be thinking a man's hole is exposed on Whitehall.

This has nothing at all to do with the Irish visit and to think the English sometimes refer to the Irish as 'Bogtrotters' this has discrimination all over it. I should think the recent terrorist activity in Pakistan should get alarm bells ringing? Could it be possible when Ali left the new fortified Al-qaeda bunker on Whitehall this morning after a busy night shift he simply forgot to close the bloomin door?

It has been noticed that these naughty terrorist like residing amongst the intelligence community maybe they feel safer in the bussom of the military machine? God forbid the recent meetings of our UK's COBRA have been infiltrated by such an organization hiding in the pits of London spying.

This should highlight the security risks posed from under our cities. As you can imagine a whole world exists under our very feet which very few people ever see. I know of a number of areas of London which are extremely vulnerable to attack from just under the surface. These areas are not very secure if at all in fact I'd hazard a guess as to say some of the tunnels were probably created for the safe passage and hidden motions of many important persons over the years. These tunnels then simply left long unattended and mainly forgotten about.

To paint a real picture for you here are a few quick examples: A tunnel which is very well known and can also be seen at ground level still to this day in central London, if traveled along underground will lead to a 'switch room'. The room still in use contains high voltage switch gear. With the switch gear you are able to turn off the power to a large central part of the city which for security I shall not mention.

Another tunnel is an extension of the London tube network runs directly under a large bank based in the city of London. Tunneling right into an area of the bank and only separated by a 10ft high wall, if you were to hop over the wall from the tunnel side and avoid the well trained security you could find yourself in a core area of a large bank.

Of course many possibilities arise if you wanted to utilize such an infrastructure to your advantage as has been the case with many local robberies. I feel that the authorities should familiarize themselves intimately with our long forgotten underground infrastructure. Also taking much better care in securing all points of entrance and passing laws by which unauthorized access is punishable as currently most tunnels have no by-laws protecting them, and anybody caught down there in the wrong place can only be charged with trespassing.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
CODED WARNING OF IRISH REPUBLICAN BOMB IN CENTRAL LONDON.

Warning received at 4:20am.

Centered in area around William Hague's residence.

Told ya.

Don't believe the PSNI and Mi5 that they are small and insignifigant. They are VERY GOOD at targeting and are targeting those in the "government" very selectively and not the general populous like the OIRA and PIRA did INLA and so on. I would expect them to succeed in BIG ops, like the Queen visit for example.They have decades of experience and lessons learnt.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
London police receive warning of IRA bomb in center of British capital - Sky News 14 mins ago

Tweets reporting the MET police are expecting possible more IED devices to be found in the run-up to the queens departure to Northern Ireland up until tomorrow.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
No worries, we just have to sit back and wait for the US SEAL Team 6 to fly in an execute them...

Terrorists are terrorists regardless

top topics

<<   2 >>

join