It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I believe that this was a dream, but I am not one of those people that either believe in aliens or ufos that come to earth. I believe there are extra terrestrial life forms on other planets but I don't think if they had the capability to travel to Earth they would bother with doing it as we would be too primitive for them to study. Having said that it makes the dream even weirder than it was.

I am almost sure I was asleep and I remember waking up afterwards and feeling really calm and thinking I have to tell someone about it. I must have spent about 10 minutes trying to all the details of what had happened into my long term memory. BUT when I woke up in the morning I could remember almost nothing of it, and with the help of someone we tried to work our way through the mist of my memory. I would appreciate it if someone could please tell me if any of this sounds credible.

The first memory of the dream was me standing in a huge room that felt like it was in the air or on a craft although the walls seemed to be very solid and gray. I am facing towards three huge doorlike windows where a bright sun is shining through. In front of me is two men possibly a third figure, possibly female (but "she" never gets any closer so I am never sure of what he/she looks like) . The two larger figures are about 6'2" to 6'4" they have rather thin frames but not effeminate just really slender. Their heads are about 15% larger than a human and have no hair on it at all. Large dark eyes. The general feeling I got relating to their faces was oriental, with full well shaped lips, a very small nose and I never saw any ears. The head was almost round. They were really pale. They wore cloth clothes that were either silver or white. I felt no fear of them and they seemed to exude light from their countenance, which was weird as one would expect with the bright light coming from behind them that their faces would be in the shade but they were vaguely lit up from inside.

Then the dream becomes really vague and the only impressions I had were of them sitting with me around a really small table and asking me what I believed the world was really about - they never gave me their view I just got the impression that they were a little amused that I understood part of the picture but knew so little of the bigger picture. Thats all I have been able to recall. I know its really not much.

Does anybody have any idea whether this was a dream? I live in New York City in an apartment and so I find it rather doubtful that I was really abducted. By the way this happened a week ago, I have been feeling really to shy to discuss this before, but the whole experience has unnerved me a little.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Did you have this dream before you started reading the forums here, or after?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't read forums about aliens or ufos, I don't really believe in abductions. I tend to read things on the terrorist situation, religion, predictions amd science. I have never had a dream about aliens before. Trust me I tried to find the link to the dream from my ATS readings.

When I see people write about greys and reptoids and whatevers I laugh and move on.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Very interesting if I do say so myself.

Maybe the Aliens have some sort of method to communicate in dreams? They can project psychically or something, pulling your astral body onto thier space craft while your meat body sleeps soundly at home?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell you if it was a dream or not. I will say, however, that your description of the beings is inline with most of the credible abduction cases that I've read.

One thing the strikes a nerve with me is that you remembered they radiated white light from the skin.

Just out of interest, would you consider yourself to have a photographic type memory?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have an amazing memory much to the distress of boyfriends - I remember details and places and exact conversations.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Like electric said, it does sound very much like the usual abduction experience but it's just impossible to tell whether it really happened or not. I do have a couple of questions though.

Have you experienced anything like this before?

When you think back, does the memory of this feel just like the memory of a regular dream (well, except for the alien-part)?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have never had an experience like this before, and it feels much more vivid than any dream I usually have. BUT I can't remember all the aspects of it which frustrates me.

I didn't want to mention this before but about 2 months ago as a lark I asked a friend to send a message into space for me. It was meant to be a joke and I had forgotten about it. My message read:

"Tall gorgeous blond seeks alien for abduction experience. No anal probes please."

"Nodal Points provides a free service to everyone. We conduct our own research as well by broadcasting messages into space. You can help us with this research by using our service to broadcast your own message into the heavens. We log each transmission that we make, and the feedback we receive from those of you that decide to make your voices heard across the entire universe.
You can broadcast your own message by clicking on the planet with an orbiting satellite on the page and then submitting the message you would like to send. We will then send it on our own time, and publish your message for everyone to see on our logs page."

www.nodalpoints.net...

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I have never had an experience like this before, and it feels much more vivid than any dream I usually have. BUT I can't remember all the aspects of it which frustrates me.

Maybe you should try to get some help and go through a hypnotic regression. It just might help and put some more light on this experience.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Maybe you should try to get some help and go through a hypnotic regression.

I've looked into regression myself and don't think much of it. Under two seperate regression sessions people will usually recall the same event in completely different ways. How accurate can it possibly be in that case?

It wouldn't be fair for anyone here to try and convince Mynaeris that an event which may have been a dream is infact real.

One thing is clear though, and has been the subject of some of my earlier postings. Whether or not it was a dream, one of the subjects was that of the person's belief system. If a dream is asking that of you, then perhaps it's a good idea to dig deep and find the answer to that question.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric
It wouldn't be fair for anyone here to try and convince Mynaeris that an event which may have been a dream is infact real.

That was really not my intention when I suggested to try hypnotic regression. And granted, it's not always a successful method, though it could prove helpful in shedding some light on this (which doesn't necessarily mean the answer will be that the experience was anything else than a dream).

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Mynaeris's dream does read like some abduction reports. In many cases, there appears to be ETs concerned with the welfare of our planet or of some individual humans. Sometimes these encounters have to do with the ETs attempting to alter a human's perspective on life through questioning or imparting information to them. It does seem odd that ETs would go to these extreme and subversive lengths just to initiate such interactions with humans, but then if it is happening, we are the ones left in the dark on the subject with regards to the what and why of ET interactions. And of course our own governments are no help in the subject either.

Another ATS member posted a fairly recent report that had many similar themes to what Mynaeris has posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I want to thank everybody for responding to my account of what happened, I am still not sure that it wasn't a dream , other than the fact that it feels like a real memory. Dreams fade with time and this has been a week since the dream and I keep remembering new smatterings of the dream.

Heelstone: Thanks to the link to the other thread, it was quite scary to read how similar his experience was to mine. I haven't had another dream like that since but if I should I will definitely post it and possibly make some sketches of the aliens as I recall them. And no I have no new scars or marks in case anybody was interested.

Do these "aliens" resemble any recorded types and if so what is the general thoughts on them? I am totally at a loss here as aliens are not really an area I have ever been interested in.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I haven't had another dream like that since but if I should I will definitely post it and possibly make some sketches of the aliens as I recall them. And no I have no new scars or marks in case anybody was interested.

Whatever information you can provide I would love to read it. Any and all info is helpful for those interested in trying to figure out exactly what is going on.

Do these "aliens" resemble any recorded types and if so what is the general thoughts on them? I am totally at a loss here as aliens are not really an area I have ever been interested in.

Yes. Humanoid, tall, thin, small nose, bald, big heads, no ears, slanted oriental type eyes, bodily glows. Those are common ET descriptors mostly associated with the "Grey" type of alien class. The full lips aren't too common among descriptions of such aliens. Usually people describe tiny slit-like mouths. However there are reports of aliens with full or large lips.

These beings, if real, obviously aren't overtly attacking this planet. They do seem to be quite subversive in action. Behaving so secretively that their actions may not be benign. There are several reports of far more violent encounters with grey-types, so consider yourself lucky if you haven't been examined in any forceful/sexual manner. They do let people go though.

I suspect these creatures can be considered something akin to universal conservationists. Much like how we humans capture, treat, and release animals back into the wild, these beings are behaving in a similar fashion. Their involuntary encounters with humans certainly make it appear as such to me. I think they want to help this planet, but are going about it in a manner that is the least damaging to human civilization. Full disclosure would create too much chaos, so a more subdued approach would be required. And then there are our governments these things have to deal with who likely hate ET interactions with this planet and the destabilizing effect they could create.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Originally posted by electric

That was really not my intention when I suggested to try hypnotic regression. ...

That statement wasn't aimed at you by the way. I was just generalizing.

top topics

join