It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any evidence, really?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's something that may help people answer the "evidence" question for themselves. I have thought about this many times over, and it just seems to make more sense day after day.

"Humans" have been on Earth for THOUSANDS of years.

Question: How is it that we have become more adanced in 100 years, than we have in 10,000 years?

I'm sorry, but if you truly don't believe in "outside help", there's a problem. The past 100 years has more than defined the "human age" and brought us perspectives that weren't even dreamed about.

Think about it this way.
You're Wyatt Earp patrolling the Wild West looking for bad guys. Do you think that FLIR technology was even a blink of a thought then?
What about bullet proof vests? The closest to that was midevil chain mail.
What about lasers?
What about H2O combustion?

Honestly, we've had "outside help" and there is PLENTY of evidence on a daily basis.
Don't let some religion make you think that God is too cocky to create another "being".

Plus, there is enough evidence to prove aliens do exist. With as advanced as they are, do you really think they will destroy the earth? Chances are, they probably could destroy the earth, but simple fact, they haven't.

What do we humans do when we discover a new species? We collect samples of some, categorize it and then try to learn more about it. We don't wipe it out for no reason.

Open your mind, and your ass will follow. The evidence is everywhere. Stop being so closed minded to believe "their out to destroy us".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by My01Exploder

Even for people who do not believe in conspiracy theories much, just watching hollywood "sci-fi" movies should have raised an eyebrow or two. People will say "well where is the evidence then"? How many people will then believe "they cloak and decloak whenever it suits them"? Few if any.

Its like chasing ghosts in the dark with ir sensors, motion detectors, etc. If something is not visible in our spectrum then it goes unnoticed, much like the wind I suppose. You feel the energy but you cannot see it. Just because people cannot see something does not mean it does not exist. How does remote viewing, telepathy and teleportation work? Is everything not energy made from matter?

We have a lot of learning to do but our politicians would rather keep the population in the half-wit state. I don't know if it is for good or bad reasons yet, I guess it could be either as absolute power could bring absolute corruption.

Also I am pretty sure there must be physcial evidence of the type you can see and touch but it is deeply classified and well kept probably in underground bases or secret hangers within known military bases such as william patterson and area 51.

edit on 5/24/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by My01Exploder

This is where conspiracies go too far in my opinion..

You can see the technology being developed. The ONLY beings we have to thank are scientists who devote their lives to make ours a little easier.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by My01Exploder
Here's something that may help people answer the "evidence" question for themselves. I have thought about this many times over, and it just seems to make more sense day after day.

"Humans" have been on Earth for THOUSANDS of years.

Question: How is it that we have become more adanced in 100 years, than we have in 10,000 years?

I'm sorry, but if you truly don't believe in "outside help", there's a problem. The past 100 years has more than defined the "human age" and brought us perspectives that weren't even dreamed about.

Think about it this way.
You're Wyatt Earp patrolling the Wild West looking for bad guys. Do you think that FLIR technology was even a blink of a thought then?
What about bullet proof vests? The closest to that was midevil chain mail.
What about lasers?
What about H2O combustion?

Honestly, we've had "outside help" and there is PLENTY of evidence on a daily basis.
Don't let some religion make you think that God is too cocky to create another "being".

Plus, there is enough evidence to prove aliens do exist. With as advanced as they are, do you really think they will destroy the earth? Chances are, they probably could destroy the earth, but simple fact, they haven't.

What do we humans do when we discover a new species? We collect samples of some, categorize it and then try to learn more about it. We don't wipe it out for no reason.

Open your mind, and your ass will follow. The evidence is everywhere. Stop being so closed minded to believe "their out to destroy us".

This is actually not as counter-intuitive as it seems. It makes perfect sense that people would spend 90,000 years doing practically nothing, and then in 10,000 years go from the stone-age to the modern age in a geological blink of an eye.

Humans have spent most of our history as nomadic hunter-gatherers. We were the quintessential predators, so we made a pretty good living just killing stuff and eating it, and maybe picking a few berries off of wild bushes along the way. There was no real need to do anything else, so most of our history is exactly what it logically seems like it should be: hanging out at the top of the food chain.

Of course, we are good innovators so eventually we learned how to farm. This is the real turning point in our history and in our technological advancement. Once we started farming, we didn't have to be nomads anymore, we could settle in permanent cities, feed ourselves more easily than before, and have plenty of free time. As a result, our population numbers boomed and we had more access to things like tools, natural resources and most of all the time to invent stuff.

Each technological revolution we have (Agricultural, Industrial, and Informational, among others) makes the next revolution easier to achieve. So it follows that once we passed that first revolution, the Agricultural Revolution, subsequent technological advances would occur at an accelerating rate.

It really isn't a mystery if you think about it.
edit on 24-5-2011 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Any evidence would be immediately scooped up by the Illuminati.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In my opinoin when it's comes to the ufo phenomenen one should not be concerned about what should or should not be happening in the ufo field ,one should just go ahead and do his researsh , moreover i beleive you hold your standard of evidence really high , if one saw a ufo what possibly he could bring as the best evidence , if not by taking a video footage or picture with the camea at hand at the time event ??

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brasseye

You must have missed the part where I stated there is no decent photographic evidence, I'll back this up by asking you to provide a link. Also radar, is it not just testimonies from staff manning the radar?

In fact I'll just ask you to provide me with evidence. Don't reply with a) its in abundance or b) research.

I have looked. And its not there.

Actually, I've not missed anything you've said. That you think radar evidence is never anything more than further witness testimony just shows an alarming lack of understanding of the topic. It's probably fair of me to assume, then, that you've not even read the Condon report, right? So why would you expect me to educate you when you've apparently made little attempt to read even the most fundamental source materials on this topic?

It's completely fair for anyone to ask about pictures, of course. There are several in Leslie Kean's book. (It has quickly become required reading WRT the UFO topic, so surely you've read it?) Each of those pictures has been studied by various scientists, and the conclusion in each instance is essentially "unknown object, no sign of hoax." Since your opinion apparently differs from that of the qualified people who've put the most time into analyzing those photos, you understand that you're obligated to state the scientific basis for your dismissal of each of those photographs, correct?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
I mean, let's be honest. Really. Is there any actual evidence for UFOs?

1. The Nellis S-30 incident includes R/V with height and azimuthal postioning from a military theodolite. ( cf. Martin Powell's analysis -- homepage.ntlworld.com... , www.roswellproof.com... , and the full tape at video.google.com... )
  2. The 1952 RB-47 incident includes R/V data with three separate channels of confirmation (air radar/visual, ground radar, passive radar, and active pings) using AN/CPS-6/B vertical radar antenna, a GPX-6 IFF set, CPS-6B, and FPS-10 set. ( cf. Brad Sparks 1998 RB-47 publication in J. Clark's UFO Encyclopedia )
  3. The 1986 JAL-1628 incident involved three visuals (Capt. Terauchi had 29 years of experience, the flight engineer and co-pilot both noted "night flight head-on traffic"), air radar, and two ground radar confirmations. This is noteworthy because the AARTCC controller signed an affidavit before a notary stating, "Several times I had primary returns where JL1628 reported the traffic." The ROCC controller confirmed in the taped dialogue between the civilian controller and pilot, that the primary target position matched the heading of the height-finding set. Furthermore a week later the FAA head of accidents and investigations, John Callahan, confirmed that the CIA, FBI, and Reagan's Scientific Study team asked the FAA to hand off all the data. ( Callahan provided this testimony before the National Press Club on broadcast television on May 9th of 2001. See: video.google.com... at 14m35s and www.youtube.com... ).

I'd also suggest checking out the 1972 Tehran UFO incident ( www.nsa.gov... ). A more thorough assessment can be found here, here, here, and here.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

Originally posted by brasseye

You must have missed the part where I stated there is no decent photographic evidence, I'll back this up by asking you to provide a link. Also radar, is it not just testimonies from staff manning the radar?

In fact I'll just ask you to provide me with evidence. Don't reply with a) its in abundance or b) research.

I have looked. And its not there.

Actually, I've not missed anything you've said. That you think radar evidence is never anything more than further witness testimony just shows an alarming lack of understanding of the topic. It's probably fair of me to assume, then, that you've not even read the Condon report, right? So why would you expect me to educate you when you've apparently made little attempt to read even the most fundamental source materials on this topic?

It's completely fair for anyone to ask about pictures, of course. There are several in Leslie Kean's book. (It has quickly become required reading WRT the UFO topic, so surely you've read it?) Each of those pictures has been studied by various scientists, and the conclusion in each instance is essentially "unknown object, no sign of hoax." Since your opinion apparently differs from that of the qualified people who've put the most time into analyzing those photos, you understand that you're obligated to state the scientific basis for your dismissal of each of those photographs, correct?

True I haven't read or even heard of that book. To be honest I kinda expect 'the evidence' to present itself to me with this being such an incredible subject. I did however google image her book and looked at a few pictures - true some do look strange.

I hope you don't interpret my posts to be ignorant. I am fascinated by this subject: I would just like to see a really good video of a craft.

I will check that book

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Who are you to discredit witness accounts? Almost everything in history we have to trust witness account or we don't have much of a history now do we?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The disbelievers really set their standard of the best evidence really high, this phenomenen doesn't happen on a daily basis on specific time of the day , so that people can get their cameras ready to take the best possible footage therfor that definitly should be put into consideration .

What do you think about this footage ? i'm not aware of any debunking done about this footage yet :

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It will be more easy for skeptics to turn their head because it is amazingly difficult to recover UFO evidence from the time UFOs were actually here which is not really now, it takes a lot of effort to chain link the events of the whole field, since we are dealing with a species that does not want to be known about. Tex Graves, the sheriff of Logan county Colorado during the 70s when the alien cattle mutilations were occuring in staggering numbers across part of the country, was up to his head in evidence. It took him about 6 mutilations before he put enough evidence together to believe in the aliens (video taping of UFOs mutilating cattle and a number of other things). There are also other sheriffs in different states who believed it was aliens because they witnessed the UFOs.

edit on 29-5-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join