It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any evidence, really?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The power of every major goverment is making sure there is no hard proof. It will be the private sector that will make first contact, im thinking this will not be contact through Radio signals or anything of that nature.

Why not radio signals you ask? Well we cannot contact a species with radio signals that does not use radio signals. There communication is through telepathy and esp. The world govenrments know this and thats why they allow organizations to use radio in an attempt to find life, however the day will never come. Ets do not need factories to create tools but rather, create life with the imbeaded tech.

what will happen is eventually Ets will just show up in a place like new york city and land in central park, somewhere where everyone can see them and it cannot be desputed. This could take a long time for an event like this to happen. It might happen in the next year or i might not happen for 100 more years.

Ets know that if they make there presence known , the rules of man would come crashing down and our civilization could be lost. And yes the "rules of man" are all the religous texts that outline how we are supposed to live, which the ETs created in the beginning anyways..its just a whole mess at the end of the day.

They are here watching our every move, and will be for some time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What more evidence are you looking for?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is reported to be a UFO attack on NASA Labs located at Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.
Labs that are developing propulsion systems for the TR3B .....Black Triangle Craft which uses alien technology.

We are being told that this is merely transformers exploding by the MSM cover story.

I've seen/heard transformers blow before ....and first of all they go BOOM !

Note the lack of report as in noise and/or sparks/fire and smoke as is normally associated with such incidents.

Additionally, transformers normally glow blue due to the copper in the coils of the the transformers burning.
We've all colors of light here. Meaning different chemicals other than copper windings are involved.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. The lights usually go out after a transformer explodes as well ....

Note the craft high in the air....caught in the flashes of light.

Is there any evidence, Really ?

It all depends on what your definition of evidence is ....as well as what your mind will accept as such.

edit on 16-5-2011 by nh_ee because: Edits and Typos

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There are a few incidents which have decent evidence, although nothing proving ET life. The Tehran incident's one of my favourites - sightings by several people on the ground, engagement by 3 F4s (6 crew members in total), 'interaction' with the object (weapons system fail), radar sighting by both military and civilian radar and confirmation from an airliner or two. The Belgian wave also has similar evidence as F16s were scrambled to pick up the triangles, as well as several low-level passes by the craft over civilian areas.

The O'Hare incident is also pretty good - several people on the ground saw it (airport staff, pilots, passengers etc.) and the UFO left a visible mark in the clouds.

For these incidents, for me, the two best explanations are either military black projects or ET hypothesis. Seeing as we simply have no knowledge of ETs and how they may behave etc., we can only really check how plausible the military black project line is. In that case, I doubt that either Iran or Belgium would have such a craft - not to mention why would they scramble fighters if someone knew it was theirs? Secondly, why fly secret craft over populated areas? It's completely against the trends of secret project testing in the past. Thirdly, if you're a foreign country, why risk malfucntion and losing your tech to another country, as well as risking an international relations crisis?

There are more points, but that's the gist. It's not proof, but it's decent evidence. I'd welcome any fresh perspectives on it though.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Besides full disclosure by the U.S. government which has yet to occur on the subject of ET's and there other-worldly craft; you have to rationalize your opinion that their are many citizens that have observed evidence with there own eyes and told amazing stories about strange lights and objects that can be classified as an unknown objects from outer space.

But a person has to be very lucky to take a decent picture of an ET flying craft, because of their high speeds and strange maneuverability techniques makes them almost impossible to be photographed.

On the subject of ET's themselves: According to some evidence, that some ET's are possibly able to be photographed, but their cloaking process makes them impossible to see visually when you take the picture.

Foofighter's forever.

Erno86
edit on 16-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 16-5-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-5-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

It is pretty much all second hand stories and fictional stories (like the "Dulce Base" for example)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
All i can say to this one is there might have been, but there
has been too much hoaxing and disinfo now, to see clear blue water.
My personal belief is that there probably has been contact and
some UFO's, are indeed alien craft from another world.
edit on 16-5-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you have to ask this question,no amount of evidence will ever convince you.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Being a member of coast coast radio streamcast. Linda Mouton Howe because she is so recognized in the media for great great job investigating cattle mutilations gets all kinds of retired military personal that secretly come to her. They tell her of their experiences seeing ufo at military bases they onced belong to. Too many whistle blowers coming out of the woodwork not to be true.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Why do you require so much proof? Is your ego so big that God himself needs to bring you a flying saucer and let you fly it?

What honestly constitutes as proof in your mind?

The computer your typing on was brought to you by modern scientific investigation. Those same pesky scientists who bring you everything you take for granted now, have already openly stated (Fermi's paradox) that we should be experiencing visitation given the age of the galaxy.

So what do you honestly think UFOs are? Are there really that many hoaxers and people with horrible eyesight throughout human history?

hmmm.....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is way too much attention to matters that lack importance. Some craft are absolutely real, that is it. People can look at UFO events from time to time, but we need to put more focus on more significant and practical things such as spiritual revival.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

OF COURSE there is good evidence. Do you all just speculate on here, and leave the actual reading of books and articles to others? That we're on page 2 of this thread, and the word "radar" has only been mentioned by one or two posters, in response to such a ludicrous original question, is a sad testament to the level of UFO knowledge on this forum. Sorry, but IMO, it's true.

The fact is, there are tons of radar-visual cases, where people see not just lights in the sky, but solid, physical objects, often close, often very large, often at speeds or accelerations that humans or our machines simply are not capable of, and where the presence of the object is confirmed by radar... i.e., not hallucinations -- something is there, with radar clutter/interference issues having been eliminated as factors.

Even before Condon, tons of these cases were documented. Hasn't everyone on this forum read Dr. James McDonald's "Statement on Unidentified Flying Objects" that he prepared for Congress? The pdf is online. It, and his "Science In Default" piece (fairly blasting Condon / Blue Book) should be required reading. Anyone who doubts that unidentified objects are flying around our atmosphere should go read those... or Kean's book, if something lighter is desired... or the NARCAP web page... or COMETA part 1... or... geeze, on and on and on. Skeptics need to deal with the best radar-visual cases, and, beyond cursory dismissal (based on this unstated assumption: "UFO's can't be real, so the data must be faulty"), you'll notice that they rarely do.

Do we have a piece of a saucer? No. But we have mounds of evidence proving that there are in fact solid objects flying around in the sky, seemingly with intelligence (whether natural or artificial), moving in ways we can't... and this goes all the way back to the mid 1940's. This brings the ET hypothesis squarely into play. Science simply should not be ignoring strong evidence, just because it's not the best or ideal evidence, yet because of the ridicule factor, they do...especially in the U.S. (Though there are signs this is slowly changing.)

So please, do not let some pseudo-intellectual who proudly boasts that he's a 'skeptic' feed you that baloney about "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Because that's premature. It describes a level of evidence which applies when looking to CONFIRM a hypothesis, i.e., AFTER scientific study... and we are not at that stage yet! All that the most reasonable UFO researchers are really asking for is simply a fair shake by science... that UFO's be studied, instead of laughed at. Something like the Condon report, even, would be fine, to me... IF the Summary agreed with the actual internal findings (large % of unknowns), that it was made clear that those were good data/high-strangeness 'unknowns' (and not just distant lights/poor visibility 'unknowns'), and if it was reported on accurately by a responsible mainstream media. I'd support that. I'd not be surprised by an official conclusion which amounted to "we don't know what they are, but the ET hypothesis must be considered credible," although we must be open to any conclusion. So even that (an official "we don't know, but it must be taken seriously"... which should be a very easy step to take if we truly live in an open society!!), would be enough to erase the horrendous ridicule factor and taboo that exists. And then, once the public's fear of reporting is extinguished, once radar data is made more open, things like that, then the phenomenon can be properly studied long-term. Then we can fairly ask if there's "extraordinary evidence."

Bottom line: There is a mountain of evidence that suggests that the ET hypothesis should be taken very, very seriously. It simply hasn't all been compiled as well as it should have been, or put into one neat place. (And in today's society, you know what that means...) But it's there. Go start with McDonald, or even the body of Blue Book unknowns, and delve into those.

edit on 16-5-2011 by TeaAndStrumpets because: typo

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

Thanks, that's all I was asking for.

Cheers!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You're certainly welcome. Your question was not at all a ridiculous one, by the way. It is the most important question, actually. I was just surprised to see so many responding who don't seem to be aware of the high quality of some evidence.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
No. There is absolutely NO scientifically valid or testable evidence that can support the existence of visiting ETs. Conspiracy nuts will scream until they are blue in the face that there is, but there really isn't anything that can be done about that.

What you will get instead is a bunch of rhetoric involving "credible witnesses," followed up on with various diplomas and military ranks as if, somehow by magic or whatever, that these credentials make a human being incapable of common human error or renders them unable to lie. And that is just one tiny flaw in their argument out of an endless array of faulty reasoning.

If you don't accept their shoddy videos, second-hand stories, and technical aberrations as undeniable proof of aliens cruising around our planet, well then you're just 'ignorant.'

If you say "it isn't," they will simply shout "it is!" And then when you ask them to prove it, all you will get in return is a VERY empty "I already did!"

And so it goes - over and over...

UFOlogy is a faith. And, as we all know, religions don't die easy.

These folks will be around for a very long time, and I'm okay with that. It's really just an aspect of our modern society.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WilburWheately

What a complete load of rubbish, and coming from someone who seems to be ruled by there de-bunking belief system. How you can say that ufology is faith is completly beyond me! People like you don't care about the ufo evidence, and its people like you who would rather be right, than be wrong, even when it comes to ufo's

To say that there is no evidence that some ufo's defy explanation is a bit stupid. he problem is not the evidence, because there is overwhelming evidence. The problem is, trying to find out what they are. Are they secret militery projects, ET, natural phenomenon, etc thats why the subject need serious investigation.

People like you don't care. All you care about is being right. And yes, your de-bunking is a form offaith because it completly clouds your judgement.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilburWheately
No. There is absolutely NO scientifically valid or testable evidence that can support the existence of visiting ETs. Conspiracy nuts will scream until they are blue in the face that there is, but there really isn't anything that can be done about that.... If you don't accept their shoddy videos, second-hand stories, and technical aberrations as undeniable proof of aliens cruising around our planet, well then you're just 'ignorant.'
UFOlogy is a faith. And, as we all know, religions don't die easy.

And notice... not one mention by Wilbur of radar data, or the tons of radar-visual cases. Why? Because it's harder to just explain it all away once you actually have to address specific evidence. And this type of dishonesty is exactly why Wilbur and those like him can safely be ignored.

Again, don't take my word for it: go read Dr. James McDonald, or go directly to the BODY of the Condon report, or read Hynek (the Blue Book science insider), and you will be well-armed with facts that no debunker can dispute. Sure, there can be argument over details, and whether the objects that appear in the sky are ET in origin or not, but these people (like Wilbur) who say it's all just ridiculous nonsense and a 'religion' have simply not done the required reading. It's rather pathetic, really.

edit on 17-5-2011 by TeaAndStrumpets because: typo

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

UFOLOGY is strictly a speculative topic. Nothing more.

There are interesting Photos and some people claim they have seen or experienced strange things, but for the most part its totally speculative.

People can speculate if that person is telling the truth, or if that photo is nothing more then a plane, bird, etc or if it really is ET.

Sure 80-90% of stories/videos/photos are total BULL, and ufology has a very large group of kids/ and adults who are scifi fans and video gamers that are ready to believe every story and link blindly. Just search through this UFO section.

there is always that 10-20% that make people go hmm.
Phoenix Lights
Betty and Barney Hill Story
The Flying Triangle (I believe in Belgium..someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
The lights that were filmed flying over the Capitol in the 60s.
Roswell.
Remington Forest Incident.

There really is not a lot of real proof, other then logic, speculation and opinions.

All in my opinion, of course. Yes I know you didn't want opinions but eh. There it is.
edit on 17-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
I'm just saying that if "UFOlogy" wants to be a science, it's going to have to put its big girl panties on and be science, not a convention of crystal-power weirdos and postmodern Hippies who are 50 years late to the party. It's going to have to cough up more than shelves full of books for sale, "inconclusive" scraps of metal, Geiger counters and tourist-trap trinkets.

Do you have anything more substantial, or is it all just blurry pictures and misguided intuition?

The possibility of everyone EVER involved in the topic being a fraud is? How can anyone be a skeptic after spending hours upon hours reading books and magazines, listening to testimony whether from government authorities or not?

The Disclosure Project alone has ammassed testimony from I believe 500 key personnel involved with ufo/aliens in some way.

There is no way in hell everyone can be wrong about the same topic. Calling ufology and cryptozoology pseudoscience is intellectually dishonest at best. They are both COVERT SCIENCE, were you need unbelievably high security clearances to have access to such programs. And yes the topic goes way beyond Majestic 12 and roswell. There are murials, paintings and statues dating back to genesis of the old testament and even before that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
All i can say to this one is there might have been, but there
has been too much hoaxing and disinfo now, to see clear blue water.
My personal belief is that there probably has been contact and
some UFO's, are indeed alien craft from another world.
edit on 16-5-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

And who does at least 90% of the hoaxing? People that are unbelievably bored or paid misinformation artists who are trying to poison the well so that the same people can then go on ATS and claim "its all a hoax"? My money is on the second scenario because the government has motive to do so. Bored people play backgammon on pogo or the zone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join