It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous is planning a mass UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

You do realise that the whole "anonymous" thing comes from 4chan, it is literally a 4chan meme. Thus, 4channers, /b/tards, are anonymous.

And anonops isn't the home of all attacks, not at all, in fact they are posing as Anonymous leaders and organizers while the website is still quite recent. Most operation used to be set up by anons through 4chan by flooding the boards with this kind of images.

edit on 16-5-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal, so some little kids wanna play a big (ish) prank. Now that we all know about it, we can't be fooled by it. I can see the threads now though:

URGENT!! *MUST READ* Mass UFO Sightings Reported At HABBO Hotel Swimming Pool!!

Sheesh, talk about small fry.

ALS
edit on 16-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
To those saying that this is not Anonymous, ANYONE can be Anonymous. Anonymous aren't necessarily hackers on steroids, script-kiddies, pranksters, Internet vigilantes, or human rights activists, though they can be each of these, depending on the event, who is involved, and how much momentum the idea gets. Anonymous is simply a cultural meme that has been adopted by a wide variety of different people. It was born in imageboard culture, but has since grown larger than that.

The guy who made the image is probably Anonymous, because he is Anonymous if he considers himself Anonymous - the only real way he wouldn't be Anonymous is if he was only pretending to identify with the term.
And if he is Anonymous, that doesn't mean that many other, if any, Anons are going to jump on this bandwagon. In other words, rather than being a concerted effort, it could just end up being a flop, depending on how many Anons it attracts.
edit on 16/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: clarification

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
This is not from Anonymous.

Really? And how would you know that?

Seriously guys... Have you ever heard this group use the word "Lulz"???

Many times. It's quite a popular term that I use myself sometimes.

This is from those bunch of idiots 4-Chan who have nothing better to do with their time than fantasize about what a woman feels like, how ordinary people function away from a PC screen and how to integrate successfully into a normal society.

Your pathetic stereotypical character judgments aside, what makes you think that 4channers aren't a part of Anon? Anon pretty much originated with 4chan! It is a much broader movement now, but saying that some 4channers are not a component of Anonymous is ignorant.

Also, 4chan can be a pretty cool place for discussion, and not just the randomness that is /b/

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The good thing about this "Anonymous" thing is also it's bad side: Anonymity!

As in: we don't know who to thank when 'Anonymous' do something good, we also don't know who to flame when some kid has this great (not) idea!

What ever... this will end up nowhere almost surely.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

FAKE!!!

and not original...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Alaskan Man

This really is just what we need another shower of total morons.

It is not enough that TPTB fill us with rubbish nitwits like this have to do there bit.

Unless this total disinfo.

I cannot agree with u more MAC269, in a time where we are trying very hard to distinguish between the factual evidence and the fictional one, this is just one more thread we can live without, i'm am NOT supporting this.
If you are presenting Anon, which i very much doubt, you are not FOR the people.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
They "are Anonymous". They "are" a small group of sick, twisted people in their underwear in Mommies basement engaging in the modern version of calling up people to see if their Refrigerator is running and telling them they had better catch it before it gets away.

My God, you're a judgmental one, aren't you?

Let's see you campaign for freedom of speech like Anon have done in the past, then. You're either buying into some biased MSM hogwash which started with that hilarious Fox11 'investigation' into Anonymous, or you're paying too much attention to some of the troublemakers within Anon (like whoever planned the operation detailed in the OP), and ignoring the good Anon also accomplish.
Deny ignorance!

EDIT: Thought that this would be a relevant image, considering some of the confusion in this thread

dl.dropbox.com...
edit on 16/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The war on Anonymous has started, and its better to call it a disinformation war. I challenge the site mods to leave this post available for it is on topic.

I want to see the Federal Reserve system brought down so it's tyrannical hand no longer has a choke-hold on the USA. People need to wake up!!!

#opESR

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Reverse Psy-ops, created to deny the existence and reporting of spacecraft when tptb know they will be here?

Though I actually suspect nothing will happen. Just that tptb are not above using anonymous as a cover for such an operation.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Heh, Anon are clever.

They're sleeper aliens who've been here for decades waiting patiently for the day they reveal themselves and take over the Earth, raiding randomly around the planet out of sheer boredom... And they really hate scientology for making people believe in phoney aliens...

Now it is time to reveal themselves - but in their own style - by hoaxing a world wide UFO event, but then when everyone goes "NYAH!! We already know!" They'll get in their space ships and pew pew us into slavery.

It's true.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This actually looks exactly like an Anon post.

Anon Ops isn't used for anything real - don't put too much faith in it. The real Anon stuff is all done through IRC. This operation is a lulz operation - something along the lines of BattleToads.

I imagine over 9,000 people will jump on this for the lulz. I also imagine that, even though they dun goofed and we talked about it here on ATS extensively, some ATS'ers will freak out when the reports come in.

I think it will be funny to watch now that we all know about it.
edit on 5/16/2011 by YourPopRock because: I am disappoint

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well not really going to have big affect if everyone knows its coming.
biggest affect will be on sites like this Where people "want to believe".

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Reporting UFO's without video isn't going to make the news, isn't going to convince anybody.

There are hundreds of UFO sightings every day, why would this be any different?

Bingo!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

This sounds more like a CIA disinfo project then anything else.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Uh, why would the CIA need a disinfo program in this day and age? Think about it, they needed it a long time ago concerning UFO's, but thanks to idiocy, ignorance and other obvious issues they have not needed to be active in this field in a LONG time. The UFO subject is filled with ignorant "useful idiots" contributing so much noise to the signal that there is no government program necessary any longer that would ensure we can't be taken seriously.

New flash for ya, the "man" is not our enemy here, neither is the "msm"......your enemy concerning this subject is the ignorant morons that make us all look like tin foil hat wearing fools. And they do it for free, which I guess is the only plus for me, as I can honestly say none of my tax money is wasted covering up UFO's anymore.

Ya'll need to read what I have just posted several times and let it sink in, then conduct yourselves in the future with it in mind.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
LMAO the posts have started already.

One rather mixed up person posted this on ufoevidence.org

2011 May 22 United States Lithia, Florida I was outside with 3 other witnesses in my backyard at approximately 8:00 p.m. eastern time, we saw a very large triangle of 8 yellow lights fly slowly and silently overhead at roughly the height you might see a helicopter flying. The craft then accelerated extremely quickly and was out of sight within about 5 seconds 5/16/2011 full report

Then realised that they had posted it on the future date of May 22nd and had to change it.

They then posted this

2011 April 22 United States lithia , Florida Terribly sorry everyone, the last post about the triangular craft I had seen was accidentally posted as happening on may 22 as I clicked on the wrong month when listing my post. The correct date for the event is april 22. 5/16/2011 full report

Source Link

I had to laugh at this one

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Link to the source please.

Good one to save if it's true - something here telling me it's not.

I responded immediately upon seeing this, so I imagine its been answered a few times already.

There is no source for anonymous..want a source...then consider ATS, this thread to be the source.
anonymous has no "offical" forum, or chan, or chatroom...they are everywhere and nowhere.

Thing is, hoaxing is full of fail for anonymous considering..well, they spread the word about it to begin with, which means the hoax is a known hoax before it even gets off the ground.

But ya, if you want source for anonymous, start on 4chan and go from there to the tons of other backwoods chans. that should start you off...do be careful though, chan's have been known to make people rapidly decline in IQ and ability to communicate on any meaningful level..make sure to leave that chanspeak behind when navigating away.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Because when one twat on the internet makes an image macro, it means the whole of anonymous is doing it.

Peoples understanding of anonymous here is freaking hilarious and yet slightly sad.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Where is the link to the source of your information? Without evidence or at least a link to other sources, this makes the op look like they are the hoaxer.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join