It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous is planning a mass UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Kinda funny, i have sat here and watched people who dont really understand Anon stand up for them so much, now Anon does something you dont like and watch how you act lmao, God all of you no better then those you sit and bash all day.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread didn't get flamed and thrown onto the Jokes, Puns, & Pranks forum...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This should be quite interesting.. lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
Was just browsing on another site i like to visit when i came across this.

just thought you all should know to expect this on the 22nd.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

Im sorry i only read the part where you said you were browsing on another site you visit when you came across the picture, if you like to visit another site surely you can remember the source of the picture, correct me if im wrong but did you not also say that the site posts links from the internet? go back on the site and look at where you found the link to the picture the first time you posted this thread.

It's probably already been said but it's on 4chan. They're the ones who usually co-ordinate stuff like this 'for the lulz'. Some of their stuff has been amazing to watch and some, just plain out weird.

Link to the thread setting it up: boards.4chan.org...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Bring it on! I'll grab a Rose Tyler gun and get shooting. Who knows ? It could be the real thing ? Might have a chip in his/her head like Nancy Lieder.

4 chan has been doing this for years, this is nothing new.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
First of all: That is too amateur of a graphic for them to put out. Secondly, just because you read something on 4chan, doesn't mean it's so. Truth is, Anonymous is blamed for a great deal more than they actually are responsible for. Give me a break. Talk about highly speculative.

-B

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

Too amateur?
Half the stuff on there is stick figure drawings done on MS paint and such

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You all act like anon has a system..

Remember kids, we are Legion.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't think this will work out like they are planning unless an unbelievable amount of people participate in this hoax. At best, I believe it will cause a temporary stir for the day. There are a lot of UFO sightings reported every day that don't cause any excitement or problems. I wonder if the rest of anon is looking at this idea and thinking "this is ridiculous it's not going to work".

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sephrenia

haha 404 already.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Didn't the October 15 2010 New York City UFO sightings originate on /b/? They were balloons if I'm not mistaken.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Awww, I found it kinda funny. True Anonymous members don't go around announcing attacks until they're literally about to happen anyway from what I can see, so the dude who posted it there kinda ruined the whole idea xD

**This is not an admission of being a member of anon!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sephrenia
reply to post by TKDRL

Awww, I found it kinda funny. True Anonymous members don't go around announcing attacks until they're literally about to happen anyway from what I can see, so the dude who posted it there kinda ruined the whole idea xD

**This is not an admission of being a member of anon!

What the hell is a true anonymous member?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Why would they do something like this? If something as unusual and extraordinary like this does happen, then maybe it was real.. for to fake this seems so childish and silly. Like was stated before, this would only hurt true future disclosure.

Something seems awry. What good has this ANON group ever done?
GV

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager

What good has this ANON group ever done?

Anonymous caused a lot of trouble for the cult of Scientology, I think that was a good thing

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I don't know, they're anonymous

Seriously though, according to the scripture that is Wiki, 'true' anonymous members are the ones that carry out the DDOS attacks and haven't been identified. Apparently, if you're identified, you can't be part of anon.

Don't ask me, I still don't get it

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
and i hope the cause alot of troubble for the "ufo community" seriously folks there will be no disclosuer cause there is NOTHING to disclose go anon calling massive ammounts of stupid retards out on there childish #. i love it

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is not from Anonymous.

Seriously guys... Have you ever heard this group use the word "Lulz"???

This is from those bunch of idiots 4-Chan who have nothing better to do with their time than fantasize about what a woman feels like, how ordinary people function away from a PC screen and how to integrate successfully into a normal society.

Take a step back guys... and gals.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This would be a very clever way to create a smoke screen if someone had inside info that a real mass UFO event was going to occur on that day...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
and i hope the cause alot of troubble for the "ufo community" seriously folks there will be no disclosuer cause there is NOTHING to disclose go anon calling massive ammounts of stupid retards out on there childish #. i love it

If you're going to make an asinine remark about a group of people, at least make sure you spell things correctly and write a coherent sentence. To say there is NOTHING to disclose or acknowledge is foolish. You are attacking the UFO community for the simple fact that you don't believe. Its fine if you don't, but to call it childish # is pretty hypocritical when your spelling is worse than my brother who is in 3rd grade.

But then again you're probably a bible belt Christian with no real education, so it's all very understandable.

Anyways...

This seems out of character for Anonymous. I've never seen them take on a task like this (one that is targeted at a not so easily defined group of people). Most things they do are targeted at corporations and individuals. One must remember that because of the nature of anonymity, anybody could have made this plan and it doesn't necessarily represent the views and opinions of all who call themselves part of Anonymous.
edit on 16-5-2011 by ItsAnOddFuture because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join