It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous is planning a mass UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by mysticcuisinart
Shows up on Twitter too if you search "4chan operation ufo". BTW, Channers are an entirely different creature than the so-called 'Hacktivists'.

So yeah, expect an influx of /b/tards come May 22nd. Also, don't get into flame wars if they show. That's exactly what they want - the lulz. Just call 'em on it and politely let it go. Otherwise they might start DDoS'ing.

I think all threads matching Operation UFO posted on May 22nd should go directly to [HOAX!].

They just put up an alert on /b/ about info leaked to another forum with a link pointing here

Thanks for the update, cripmeister. It's appreciated.

Might not hurt if Admin were to post an alert on the front page, too.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This reeks of a psyops operation. Something will actually probably be going on in the skies that they want us to ignore so tell us that any reports you hear will be part of a prank so we don't look. Not sure if it will be UFO, alien, terrestrial, military, false flag, or what. But I bet there will be SOMETHING going on and they're using reverse psychology to get us not to look. So remember, pay attention to the skies on the 22nd all day long and especially around the time that Anon is claiming to do be following through with this operation. If its nothing no biggie but we'll all be a little more aware if just for one day.

Don't report anything without pictures and/or video. Practice uploading stuff so you know how to do it as soon as possible (I hate threads where people claim to have seen something have pictures, act like they don't know how to upload it, then disappear once the thread is 10 gazillion pages long).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticcuisinart

Thanks for the update, cripmeister. It's appreciated.

Might not hurt if Admin were to post an alert on the front page, too.

Staff is well aware of this and the A&U forum is always moderated.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If there where gonna hoax something why the hell tell everyone, it makes no sense.
They are smart people like it or not, maybe planning something else while they have milliions of fools looking at the skies

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would say May 22nd avoid photos of UFO's or websites about UFO's because there will be hidden virus which will attack your computer. They would not plan something like this without a reason.

First rule of a trojan attack. Implant a program software or website that will be downloaded or opened by as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. This will allow mass infection befor the virus or trojan is found.
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Nope, 'channers' do stuff like this because they think it's fun.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

Misdirection was one of my thoughts as well. It is an old magician’s trick, you get your audience focusing on one thing while you are doing something else right under threir noses.

The question would be, what else are they up to?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I have yet to see these guys fail in attempt to cause disarray, so they seem to be men/boys of there word...?...

With that said, they are being watched more closely due to their recent escapades and cyber attacks. I have a feeling they will be quickly debunked in the eyes of the general public. And we will see another,. "Boy who cried wolf," situation.

Oh well, I'm in for the lulz and will be watching the fallout with my bag of popcorn!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
this is how you know Anonymous isn't responsible for any significant "hacks". somebody is just going to use them as a scapegoat later on and a reason for net neutrality.
edit on 16-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Seems this is a stunt by none other then this guy.

You might recognise him in this picture.

wilwheaton.tumblr.com...
twitter.com...#!/wilw

Seems he just got back from Fedcon. A Startrek convention. So is he wishing for more press for himself as a star?
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I dont think the media are really bothered anymore. An alien spacecraft could land in the middle of New York and it wouldnt even make the front page. We are far more interested in our celebrities.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by Seekeye2

no source to give, just the picture is all i found on a site that just post links from all over the internet

That's how anon works.. one person comes up with an idea, posts a description.. it will either happen or not.. Anon is hardly a huge collaborative net.. if you post a fun enough idea out to a broad enough audience.. some with latch on.. that's how Anon operates.

This could also have just gotten posted and ignored.. we just won't know until the day comes.. I'm sure just posting it in this forum has recruited a few more for the attempted project

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

you proably found it on 4chan XDDDDD

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Seems this is a stunt by none other then this guy.

Wil Wheaton? You're joking, right?
I can hear the /b/tards laughing all the way from here.

BTW, "Anonymous" refers to a collective rather than an individual. In this case, a bunch of kids who hang out on one of the most notorious boards online. For more information go here ...

Wikipedia - the 4chan entry

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It could be mildly amusing if they got a few CGI guys sending footage out of UFO's above major cities to news agencies. That is if the world didn't really end on the 21

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticcuisinart

Wil posted it 12 hours ago.
This guy posted it 5 hours ago and gave creadit to Wil.
aatombomb.tumblr.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Anon is good for nothing but run of the mill DoS attacks, which any 10 year old with a 56K modem could pull off from his mothers basement. It's so easy that I learned about them on the very first day of my network security class. They are a bunch of self indulgent wannabe's.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They "are Anonymous". They "are" a small group of sick, twisted people in their underwear in Mommies basement engaging in the modern version of calling up people to see if their Refrigerator is running and telling them they had better catch it before it gets away.

Best to ignore them and they will go away when they get bored. They might even seek some help with their emotional issues. You will find most of them are from single parent, "latchkey" homes; Only child or the youngest child still at home. Is it PC of me to point out the truth
Probably not.

Anonymous - hacking it's way forward to insure a stay in the finest prisons and institutions - one social deviant at a time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What purpose other than confusion does this serve?
I'm not religious at all but lately this analogy from the Bible rings true for me these days, in everything I read or see...

5 And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: “Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language.” 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba′bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

People should stop "playing god" and use their time for more constructive purposes.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is a good link that explains it all......I think this prank is cruel and ridiculous!

www.ghosttheory.com...

editby]edit on 16-5-2011 by caladonea because: to make a correction

edit on 16-5-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by caladonea because: link correction

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've also heard that they are planning for a mass viewing of the UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd.
Although my sources are cloudy at the moment, I may need to ask again later.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join