It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous is planning a mass UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
For the love of the lulz I will do this.

How often do you get the chance to troll the world?Seize the day people!

You won't be trolling anybody because everybody will know lol

2nd

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
REMINDER:

Do you not even think about doing this and posting your work here. You may be possibly banned.

Terms and Conditions of Use:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

On another note....I think it will be a good reminder to be cautious of anything and everything that you may find or be shown UFO related, around this date

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah, it's good to bring this to our attention, it's quite a good way of helping deny ignorance!

I'm pretty sure on May 22nd we'll all be reading threads about how the world didn't end or the second coming didn't happen on May 21st anyway.

Another major flaw is that "Anonymous" have effectively set up a hoax that reads like any other sighting of chinese lanterns, so really it's failed before it's even started, only noobs get sucked into those kind of UFO reports.

At the end of the day, the majority of hoaxes, even when they've gone to quite some effort, are debunked here. And this one uses minimal effort, so it'll be no problem to tell it apart from a real sighting. It would be kind of interesting to see what text reports and crappy pictures would go with the faux sightings, but avoiding the entire hoax itself is even better.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow great idea.
I hope they do not report fake sightings tho..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I wonder if I will finally see a reptilian

link   
You might know that AnonOps has recently experienced a few administrative difficulties, and this pic was originally uploaded to 4chan....probably by a 14 year old.
That could mean a whole bunch of 14 year olds get involved or not, but it really isn't AnonOps related.

link   
I suspect I can't post a link to /b/ on ATS
but right now the Operation UFO thread over there has 194 replies. Enter /b/ at your own peril.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So and what if there is a real UFO sighting on the 22nd of May?
Things like that hurt the credibility of the UFO topic as much as people who see UFO's in every dot in the sky.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Unless anon finds a way to holographically produce motherships over major cities, i won't be too impressed

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i honestly have no idea what i do wrong when i search ATS. i can use google and find precisely what i'm looking for in seconds but on ATS for some reason i get it all wrong.

anyway, good job on beating me to the punch and letting everyone know. i'm glad someone else caught this and decided everyone needed to be warned.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Shows up on Twitter too if you search "4chan operation ufo". BTW, Channers are an entirely different creature than the so-called 'Hacktivists'.

So yeah, expect an influx of /b/tards come May 22nd. Also, don't get into flame wars if they show. That's exactly what they want - the lulz. Just call 'em on it and politely let it go. Otherwise they might start DDoS'ing.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No source no credibility. Check this out. Found these words earlier on a site where i was just browsing links. Tyats seriously all the information we get?

Where is there claim to the work? They are very proud group and normally attempt to let the public knkw what they are up to.

No mentioning of this at any given point. Sounds like more bulls*** propoganda in the information war.

ANONYMOUS

Everyone eat a vegetarian hot dog on the 21st. It will be awesome to show those meat eaters were not taking it!!

Ignorant fool. You have met your demise at the hand of a war tool clearly doing its job.

Late

edit on 16-5-2011 by mthgs602 because: missing word

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
why do this......is this not like the boy who cried wolf.......what happens when they really come and it gets labeled as a hoax

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't understand, before I respected Anon as a force to balance abuse of power. They have within their hands an equalizer, yet choose to meddle in childish games for "lulz". How sad with all that potential.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticcuisinart
Shows up on Twitter too if you search "4chan operation ufo". BTW, Channers are an entirely different creature than the so-called 'Hacktivists'.

So yeah, expect an influx of /b/tards come May 22nd. Also, don't get into flame wars if they show. That's exactly what they want - the lulz. Just call 'em on it and politely let it go. Otherwise they might start DDoS'ing.

I think all threads matching Operation UFO posted on May 22nd should go directly to [HOAX!].

They just put up an alert on /b/ about info leaked to another forum with a link pointing here

edit on 16-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And it will either get ZERO attention from the MSM since it will have been outed as a hoax within minutes because of this advertisement.

OR

The MSM will love it and run with it as well needed distraction from the political circus and the stripping of our freedoms.

Way to go guys!!!! Thats Winning.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great job OP, came back to ATS after a little hiatus to post this. Chances are it won't happen, or not to the extent people over there are hoping.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Amen to that, brother

This is probably TPTB, getting us to troll each other, ready for the big Blue Beam event

I reckon they should get Jean Michelle Jarre to do it.............

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would say May 22nd avoid photos of UFO's or websites about UFO's because there will be hidden virus which will attack your computer. They would not plan something like this without a reason.

First rule of a trojan attack. Implant a program software or website that will be downloaded or opened by as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. This will allow mass infection befor the virus or trojan is found.
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join