It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous is planning a mass UFO sighting prank/hoax for May 22nd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

did you not read where i said i only have access to the picture and not the original source. i cant confirm if its true or not, im just letting people here know there could be a hoax the 22nd

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
Was just browsing on another site i like to visit when i came across this.

just thought you all should know to expect this on the 22nd.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

Im sorry i only read the part where you said you were browsing on another site you visit when you came across the picture, if you like to visit another site surely you can remember the source of the picture, correct me if im wrong but did you not also say that the site posts links from the internet? go back on the site and look at where you found the link to the picture the first time you posted this thread.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Could be worth a few laughs, just please people, let's try not to make 100 threads about whatever hoax they come up with from the 22nd onwards.

Why do I say this? It'll just happen anyway.
edit on 16-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

This is true, I warned about Chinese lanterns being released one weekend in tribute to amurdered girl and there was maybe one thread reporting UFOs from the area and even our good friend Mr Oberg warned of potential "sightings" during a Russian launch not too long ago and I'm sure several threads popped up claiming UFO sighting around the area of that launch too.

I'd hope none crop up this time even though we know there will but you know the worst thing about this? The fact that Anonymous even have to do this. "For the lulz"? Ok, so make it even harder for legitimate sightings and reports to be taken seriously, nice going guys.

ETA - I agree with the others who say it probably isn't the "true" Anon, seems likely. Just look at their campaign against Scientology and strategic peaceful protest, none of it was done "for the lulz" at all so yeah....this can't be that version.
edit on 16/5/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Wow, that will take up a lot of extra bandwith on ATS, unless posts are removed ASAP. Thanks for the warning, because if it's true and people of the site follow through it's gonna cause some unneeded traffic.
&
for them wanting to clutter minds of those seeking the truth, esp., the new people who may not be able to see a hoax for what it is, why not find another way to scare the masses...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

The site is one that is similar to Digg, the link was only a link to a imagur.com picture, there was no original source, that i know of. If you like i can state that i don't have the original source (since it was never provided to me) and i'm just here to let people know what could happen, for a forth time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My first reply,

This firefox extension lets you do a reverse lookup of images to see where they are posted on the web.

So far it has no hits for the OP picture.

TinEye

addons.mozilla.org...

www.tineye.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
There is no such things as a "true anon", every guy who wants to stand as one is anonymous. I've seen this image many time when browsing 4chan so you may expect some fake sightings at this time. Even if the majority doesn't care about it, few people will still work on this.

You don't seem to understand the true nature of anonymous, the whole Scientology and peaceful protests thing is just a part of it, mainly sparkled by newcomers and that's clearly not the usual style of anonymous. Those guys used to be the bullies of the web since 2003, doing pranks, harassing people just for fun, ruining websites/blogs/myspaces/facebook pages, spoiling online kid's games, etc.

It's not a society of peaceful protesters who are working for freedom and liberty, it's a huge mass of people doing things for fun (their fun, as they do not have the same sense of humor as the rest of the world), they are not organized, they do not agree on everything, they do not work together.

Look at it as a stream, it's made of many drops of water, most of them seem to go in the same direction but if you look closely you'll see that some of the water is pouring out of the steam, a part of it is forming a new branch, some drops are jumping out, etc.
edit on 16-5-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LithiumLab

i feel like some of you expect me to say something along the lines of "haha fooled you all!"

here is the site i found this at, i will send you to the comment section since if you click the actual link it ONLY SHOWS YOU THE PICTURE I HAVE POSTED! (click the link at the top of the comments page)

Source, if you can call it that

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Sorry I wasn't trying to discredit you.

I came across the extension some time ago and thought it may be helpful to track the penetration of images. Some images I have searched for I know are posted on many sites but don't show up in the search. I honestly was just letting people know of a relatively new tool to track things, not attack you, sorry again.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
We should really star and flag the crap out of this so at least more of us on here know who'd otherwise make a thread. It needs bumping the day before too.

Agreed, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on 4chan/b/ too
This happened last year too if I'm not mistaken, in NYC.
edit on 16-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
Was just browsing on another site i like to visit when i came across this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56c5d3a9f9f6.png[/atsimg]

just thought you all should know to expect this on the 22nd.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

the funny thing is, they could try this, and most people would believe it for a couple of seconds, like here, until they ask for proof.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
it appears to be made up, not true anonymous. OP post link of where the picture is found or its fake! nothing is shown on any legitiment anon sites, source or shut down thread!

Of course it is made up. That is not a real picture of a real person. It was created on the computer. Do you know who created it? If you do not know who created it, then it actually is true anonymous.

Originally posted by camouflaged
How did you make a first post in the forum when your supposed to have a minimum of 20 posts to post a reply in the general forums?!

Incorrect. You need 20 posts before you can start your own thread, in any forum other than the introduction forum. The rule does not pertain to replying. It is only for creating a thread.

edit on 5/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: actual image -> real pic of real person

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The worst thing I can think of to come from something like this is to have an actual verifiable sighting that day and it to be totally overlooked as a possible prank because of this. It may not even be looked into because of just it being expected to be a hoax.

The worst prank would be if they found that there was truly something going to be happening this day through their “hacking”, and they perpetuated a fake hoax to block it.

I have not currently seen enough evidence that has convinced me of current sightings, but what if on the 22nd there was such a sighting that could convince me, am I now going to ignore it because of this “prank”?

Just a few thoughts I have in reference to this.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
For the love of the lulz I will do this.

How often do you get the chance to troll the world?Seize the day people!

You do realise that anyone deliberately perpetrating a hoax on here is immediately banned don't you?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The thing is... this kind of thing goes on all the time in these threads and Ufology in general.

Instead of Anonymous doing it... we just get other groups doing it... or individuals.

If anything, this should just remind people that 90% of the stuff we see on here and on the news is just hoaxed, fake rubbish.
edit on 16/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It is different specifying a specific day that could make people turn a blind eye to a specific date, and if something important does happen on that day, it could be lost within perpetuated hoaxes.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nothing on anon ops anonops.blogspot.com...

I call shenanigans

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Being of the internet age and to some extent a product of the internet, I find this hilarious!!! Guess I have a sick twisted sense of humor

That being said, the OP performed a great service to ATS... This prank will happen and He has prevented many people I am sure from a premature bug out! At the very least, people won't be so upset prior to any evidence being provided.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join