It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fires warning shots at aid ship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Israel fires warning shots at aid ship

news.ninemsn.com.au

Israeli naval forces fired warning shots at a Malaysian ship carrying aid to Gaza as it approached the shore, forcing it to withdraw to Egyptian waters, the vessel's Malaysian organiser said.

"The MV Finch, carrying sewage pipes to Gaza, had warning shots fired at it by Israeli forces in the Palestinian security zone this morning at 0654 Jordan time (1354 AEST)," said Shamsul Azhar from the Perdana Global Peace Foundation on Monday.

"Currently the ship has been forced to anchor in Egyptian waters, 30 nautical miles from Gaza," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16/5/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not much news on this yet but seems Israel is still insistent on the illegal blockade despite stating the Egyptian border is open..

IMO it's just for show and may backfire..
Showing a bit of compassion would have been a better option..
Considering the Palestinians can get whatever they want through the Egyptian border, this action by Israel seems rather pointless.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
what israel says,and dose,are 2 different things.....

it's been going on for a long time,all the aid being sent to gaza,is blocked by israel.

At that point they threatened the ship's captain that they would board the vessel and we were forced to turn back, it was lucky that no one was injured.

and we all know,what would of happen,if israel boarded the ship,people would be killed,by israel,in self defense (rolls eyes)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here we go again.... The sheep of the planet shouting about this Illegal blockade!

IT IS NOT AN ILLEGAL BLOCKADE! .. Of course you will spritz some Patchouli, hike up your potato sack and flip your dreds to the side..... But it will make the blockade ANY LESS LEGAL.

Israel has the right to defend its borders.... Period!!!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

When did the Gaza strip become Israel's border?

Any country that turns away humanitarian aid by force does not have good intentions and should be considered a pariah in the civilized world.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yas sewag pipes my ass. Lets unload it and if it is aid let it through.

By the way what ever happen to the billion GWBush gave the palestinians. Where is all that money. We gave them billions and where did it go.

hell if I had 10 million I could make gava look like a resort.

The people of palistine and gaza suffer because their leaders make them suffer as they live the life of luxury./

People of palistine rise up against your leaders as you live the life you live because your leaders want you to suffer so you can hate the isrealis.

Wake up people.

Rise up against your leaders and research the billions your people have squandered from you.

Some day the State of Palistine will return and hopefully they rise up and get sick and tired of living in fear and hate.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You know they (the human beings that live there not called Israelis) use those pipes not for water/irrigation/sewage but to fire bomb-laden babies through and into Israel, don't you!

Peaceful mission my ass!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
Here we go again.... The sheep of the planet shouting about this Illegal blockade!

IT IS NOT AN ILLEGAL BLOCKADE! .. Of course you will spritz some Patchouli, hike up your potato sack and flip your dreds to the side..... But it will make the blockade ANY LESS LEGAL.

It is an illegal blockade... of illegally occupied land. Defending your borders and expanding them are extremely different - and I believe Israel has demonstrated that they do not merely intend to 'defend' their borders many times over. No one in the region is a threat to them at all. Who? Iran? Because of a severely misquoted puppet president? He never even said he wanted to do anything to Israel. No. In fact, given Israel's history - as known expansionist aggressors, they are the real threat. This sort of inhumanity immediately after whats been going down in Gaza this week?

'Hey we were kind of hoping to get through here, those guys look really ill and we thought we'd give them some food and medicine to relieve their pain a bit.'

*Gunshots* 'GTFO, noobs! Lol did you see that? They totally got pwned. Let's go trolling, tell everyone we did it to defend our borders.'

Explain - how is depriving people of aid and humanitarian relief, which has been identified as such and not a covert threat, 'defending one's borders'?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Any country that turns away humanitarian aid by force...

Yes but IS IT "humanitarian aid" or is it gun smuggling???

Malaysia is a multiracial country comprising approximately 60.4% Muslims adherents. Malaysia is a de-facto secular regime, with Islam as the state religion.... en.wikipedia.org...

Without inspecting that ship how would you know???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Confirming that INTERNATIONAL WATERS are part of israel's border

Yeah, it isn't. Once again, israel does something utterly evil. what a shock..but, for what it's worth, I think a lot more americans are waking up to israel's bull#. I went to a protest for nakba day in front of the israeli embassy this past sunday, the 15th..lots of people, of all colors, on the palestinian side of the street(in this case, wilshire blvd). LAPD kept the pro-israeli contingent on the other side of the street, and there weren't very many of them. they looked pathetic
But, an interesting thing happened today: I got "friended" by a very attractive asian woman on FB this morning. We had no friends in common, she was a complete stranger to me, but, working in the industry as I do, I accepted the request, because A) she was hot and B) sometimes I get random friendings from people who've seen me in a film or something. I looked at the profile a little closer, though, and it felt wrong. only 100 friends, not a lot of responses etc. she listed her place of work it's called Norpac. norpac.net...

What is norpac, you ask?

from the Norpac website:

NORPAC is a non-partisan political action committee whose primary purpose is to support candidates and sitting members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives who demonstrate a genuine commitment to the strength, security, and survival of Israel. With the constant turnover in Congress, we cannot take a strong U.S.-Israel relationship for granted. It is only through our continued active involvement that we can help assure that the issues of importance to our community get the attention and support they deserve.

well whaddaya knowboutdat? I go to a palestinian rally on sunday, and some pro-israel PAC recognizes me, finds me on FB and one of their people friends me. random? I think not. these israelis are so scared, so thin-skinned, so completely jumping at their own shadow, they want to watch anyone, anyone at all, who supports palestinians. #, I'm not even famous. I'm flattered, israeli agents. really...

edit on 17-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

i think israel should stop playing nice and blow that ship out of the water and kill everyone on board. That would teach the palestinian supporters a lesson.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

If that is what it takes for the rest of the world to stop treating Israel like a blessed nation then so be it. I'm tired of support for Israel and the corrupt action it takes.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Actually it is an illegal blockade. You might want to look up the laws regarding naval warfare. Just because Israel's daddy keeps the other adults from spanking it doesn't mean Israel's not misbehaving.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

I think that Palestinians should blow up a few more Israeli supermarkets and kill everyone inside. That'll show those Israel supporters!

/sarcasm

Really? How big of a death-loving pervert are you, and are you representative?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"Boo hoo, mean Israelis fired warning shots at us because we tried to break their naval blockade
"

Well yeah, that's what you get for this type of media stunts.
funny how the OP addresses this as if it wasn't clear enough from day one that Israel will not permit any of these vessels through.

Originally posted by dragonseeker
these israelis are so scared, so thin-skinned, so completely jumping at their own shadow, they want to watch anyone, anyone at all, who supports palestinians. #, I'm not even famous. I'm flattered, israeli agents. really...

Those grannies on the pro Palestinian activist side really do look buff and tough.

If Israelis are so skinny and scared you're welcome to hop in with your little friends and try to prove your point from around here.
edit on 8-7-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Still wating for a report from the UN that deals with the last aid convoy where peace protestors were killed in internatonal waters but i won't hold my breath because the zionists are filling the puppets pockes in the UN.

I Hope China/Russia steps in just like we are steping in to Libya except in Gaza they have a case and not a plot created by the CIA and MOSSAD.

Originally posted by TXRabbit
You know they (the human beings that live there not called Israelis) use those pipes not for water/irrigation/sewage but to fire bomb-laden babies through and into Israel, don't you!

Peaceful mission my ass!

Well yes it has to do with ass and tolets and the pipes are plastic and if you must know half of the home made fireworks sent to Isreal come from the IDF so that they can keep steeling land, keep killing kids and getting money from the USA.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
half of the home made fireworks sent to Isreal come from the IDF so that they can keep steeling land, keep killing kids and getting money from the USA.

Would it be too funny if I asked where or how did you get to that conclusion? Got anything to back that claim or are you simply spewing stuff in order to go out against Israel for the hell of it?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Time to hold your breath.

"According to a political source in Jerusalem, the final findings of the Palmer Report show that the Israeli naval blockade on Gaza is legal and is in accordance with international law.The report also sharply criticizes the Turkish government's behavior in its dealings with the committee. Palmer, an expert on international maritime law, added in the report that Israel’s Turkel commission that investigated the events was professional, independent and unbiased."

freedomflotilla.eu...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by Master_007

Time to hold your breath.

"According to a political source in Jerusalem, the final findings of the Palmer Report show that the Israeli naval blockade on Gaza is legal and is in accordance with international law.The report also sharply criticizes the Turkish government's behavior in its dealings with the committee. Palmer, an expert on international maritime law, added in the report that Israel’s Turkel commission that investigated the events was professional, independent and unbiased."

freedomflotilla.eu...

Gee whiz, NOW you are suddenly believing what the UN says??

OK, shall we go back and look at EVERYTHING the UN says about Israel or is it only the favorable points you wish to discuss??

BTW, it still says Israel should have waited for the ships to get closer and that the IDF used EXCESSIVE force..
edit on 8-7-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

It is nice to see you being your typical self again gravitational: selective of the information your present. The Palmer report also says the IDF acted "too soon" and with excess force against the activists on board the Marmara vessel. Although you failed to present this information, I will forgive you this time.

Secondly: Why is it that when the UN submits reports with information favourable to Israel it is acceptable to use in debate yet when it presents reports condemning of Israel (i.e the Goldstone report) it is a load of hogwash. Why is it that you can use the UN as a basis on which to support an argument defending Israel, yet I cannot site UN security council resolutions and reports without being called a "secular, international law liberal idiot" or somthing along those lines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join