It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS The Time Is NOW! STOP THE FEAR!!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

First off Anton LaVey's COS was not a bad joke, it was a very good joke. I think it is very funny at least.

Right there with you. Very funny stuff.

have never looked into the Temple of Set in any detail...

Just as silly but these bastards have teeth. Def worth looking in to.

I am pretty fearless when it comes to this kind of thing and I will go to visit just about anyone or anyplace to see what is up. The video below is from the cartoon 'Metalocalypse'.

This about covers any groups or facilities like this that I have ever visited. I have had to leave in the middle of some of this kind of stuff because I could not stop laughing. Really bad giggling fits. I didn't make any friends.

There really is nothing to fear from these guys but the case of Michael Aquino is different. I will leave it at that. You can get up to date pretty quickly with Google.

P.S. You forgot Nathaniel Hawthorne...

Second story down...
Young Goodman Brown (YGB).
www.gutenberg.org...
Good story having to do with fear, delusion and ambiguity.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Frater210 because: Nate H.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The OG MKUltra:

Anton Mesmer's believed that all living beings had magnetic fields running through them which could be manipulated for healing or other purposes. He surmised that a universal magnetic fluid existed in all “objects that produced disease when it was out of balance in the human body”.

This blog enrty charts the progression from Mesmer to HAARP in succinct little installments.

Andrija Puharich might be up your auto-biographical alley, although most of the information available on the internets regarding his life appears to be pretty apocryphal. But that's precisely what makes for a good egg-hunt.

Andrija Puharich, MD original name is Henry K. Puharich, (February 19, 1918 - January 3, 1995). He was an Army officer in the early 1950s. During that time, he was in and out of Edgewood Arsenal Research Laboratories and Camp Detrick, meeting with various high-ranking officers and officials, primarily from the Pentagon, CIA, and Naval Intelligence.[1] The Edgewood Arsenal is currently officially called the Edgewood Area of Aberdeen Proving Ground. Puharich was a medical and parapsychological researcher, medical inventor and author, who is perhaps best known as the person who brought Israeli Uri Geller and Peter Hurkos to the United States for scientific investigation.

A sampling of unsubstantiated weirdness:

r Andrija Puharich in the 50's/60's, found that clairvoyant's brainwaves became 8 Hz when their psychic powers were operative. He saw an Indian Yogi in 1956 controlling his brainwaves, deliberately shifting his consciousness from one level to another. Puharich trained people with bio-feedback to do this consciously, making 8 Hz waves. A healer made 8 Hz waves pass into a patient, healing their heart trouble, her brain emitting 8 Hz . One person emitting a certain frequency can make another also resonate to the same frequency. Our brains are extremely vulnerable to any technology which sends out ELF waves, because they immediately start resonating to the outside signal by a kind of tuning-fork effect. Puharich experimented discovering that

A) 7.83 Hz (earth's pulse rate) made a person feel good, producing an altered-state.
B) 10.80 Hz causes riotious behaviour and
C) 6.6 Hz causes depression.

Puharich made ELF waves change RNA and DNA, breaking hydrogen bonds to make a person have a higher vibratory rate. He wanted to go beyond the psychic 8 Hz brainwave and attract psi phenomena. James Hurtak, who once worked for Puharich, also wrote in his book The Keys of Enoch that ultra-violet caused hydrogen bonds to break and this raised the vibratory rate.

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
On October 4, 1986, as Rather was walking along Park Avenue in Manhattan to his apartment, he was attacked and punched from behind by a man who demanded to know, "Kenneth, what is the frequency?", while a second assailant also chased and beat him. As the assailant pummeled and kicked Rather, he kept repeating the question over and over again. In describing the incident, Rather said, "I got mugged. Who understands these things? I didn't and I don't know. I didn't make a lot of it at the time and I don't now. I wish I knew who did it and why, but I have no idea."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm like you were I'm just not afraid to check anything out (Except Scientology, too many people I know have and they just won't leave you alone for years, literally) anyway that video.... I despise "Net-Speak" and that other cutsie bull people do to shorten a perfectly good language but it is appropriate: OMFG LMAO

It was that funny to me that I would stoop to net speak to express it. This is pretty much what a COS gathering looks like as well as several Godess worship services I've had the misfortune of attending. And you're right... I really can't see how anyone can refrain from laughing!

Now I don't want to mock anyone's beliefs because some of mine are way out there too but I'd like to think I at least have a little dignity.

I left out Hawthorne on purpose but you're right I shouldn't have. There are probably several hundred authors who should be on such a list. There is just so much wisdom hiding in our fiction and to me in modern times our Science fiction (the good stuff) is our modern philosophy and reality is building and expanding on all the old texts.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
By the way, am I incorrect in thinking that one answer to Jinglebird's query ("What is a Satanist?) might be that it's all a whammy of a psy-op? Clownishness and teeth and unfortunate facial hair: just another psy-op folks, nothing to see here, move it along.
edit on 26-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: Floobity-hoo.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

They weren't Satanists, JL. Maybe worse. I do not know if these guys are who you are talking about but here are at least some threads to pull on. I understand if you are not interested much in this but I thought I would throw it out there. Just in the spirit of fun...

I think just about everybody here knows these guys...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Kenneth Grant has been famous in occult circles for decades. I've never been drawn to read any of his books. I read they're practically incoherent.

I've never read any Lovecraft except "The Necronomicon" -- it amazes me that some treat this piece of fiction as if it were real.

But not everybody may know about this guy and his 'Choronzon Club', though. AV might.
Like I mentioned I get a lot of entertainment value out of following the personalities and history...

en.wikipedia.org...

Cannot believe I found this on Wikipedia. See what I mean guys? It is all just lying around now. This info was so hard to research just 15 years ago.
Anyhow, You may not have heard of Bertiaux before....

I'm surprised I had never heard of Bertiaux. Years ago I had an interest in Santeria and (to a lesser degree) Haitian Voudoun (Maya Deren's spelling -- "Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti").

My instinct says stay away from Bertiaux & his org.

...The overwhelming theme that I have recognized with these different groups, even all the way back to the middle of the 19th century, is Fashion. Occult fashions change just like any other type of fashion. For instance, at the last turn of the century it was extraordinarily popular to be a Templarized Freemason with secret knowledge from Egypt. Remember that one?
And in the seventies and eighties it was all about the weird crap posted above. And in the nineties it was Chaos Magick (rolls eyes; great idea at the incept but, oh well...).

There is an especially cool ( I think so, anyway ) variation on occult fashion that is occurring presently and it comes outta Britain. My guess is that AV is up to speed on it. Can any one else fathom a guess or does anyone else know what it is? The reason I ask is to illustrate my point about fashion.

(video of "When I Grow Up" by Fever Ray) deleted to save space.

This video may make sense right away to those that are currently fashionable.

I must admit that there is still a young enthusiastic occultist inside of me that still likes to try on these different fashions and play 'dress up playtime' occasionally. Gotta have fun.

So there is a new current travelling through the 'Occulto-Sphere'. Anyone down with it?

I have no idea what the latest in occult fashion is. Are you going to tell us?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by AuranVector

Yes. From your (our) perspective it would seem that way but there is a reason for it...

The Oration also served as an introduction to Pico's 900 theses, which he believed to provide a complete and sufficient basis for the discovery of all knowledge, and hence a model for mankind's ascent of the chain of being. The 900 Theses are a good example of humanist syncretism, because Pico combined Platonism, Neoplatonism, Aristotelianism, Hermeticism and Kabbalah. They also included 72 theses describing what Pico believed to be a complete system of physics.

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

You know this is the guy responsible for Kabbalah being in your Hermeticism. I don't buy it.

Again, why would I drive a studebaker in 2011? This stuff is just a bunch of useless busywork. I think we are well past the 'staute of limitations' on Pico Della Mirandola, 1463-1494.

Just food for thought.

Thanks for that tidbit. I have no reason to doubt you. I have a few books on the Kabbalah and only one author mentions Mirandola: Israel Regardie in "A Garden of Pomegranates" -- he doesn't give Mirandola the credit you do. It's possible that I've read references to Mirandola and it never stuck in my memory.

In any case, I don't really care if other people think the Kabbalah is cr*p. You're free to use something else.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by AuranVector

Between Phillip Dick, Robert Heinlein, Douglas Adams, George Orwell, Larry Niven, Jerry Pournell, not to mention the likes of Poe, Lovecraft and even guys like Melville, and Twain... Sure you could toss one or two more good ones in but the point being that in my experience these guys outstrip occult how-to, secret texts, and dedicated philosophical and religious texts. Everything you need to know about life is hidden in their "Fictions" regardless of if it is this life or the next, they have it hidden in plain site.

Heinlein is my favorite though and a lot of my philosophy is based in his.

I'm not 100% sure it is about believing what inspires us as much as it is trying to just find the construct that makes sense and works for you... I guess that is inspiring though,,, never mind

I'm not really it matters to actually be correct if it works to improve and make your life better.

Time can be understood by the human brain but the right and left need to work in concert. It is a mystery but I think a fish can comprehend water thus we can understand time... Just a feeling I have, I have no good reasons really.

I agree fiction can teach us much.

Satanists:

First off Anton LaVey's COS was not a bad joke, it was a very good joke. I think it is very funny at least.

I have never looked into the Temple of Set in any detail... I had assumed they were just a bunch of kids playing like the COS. If this isn't the case maybe I should try to study up...

I'm not opposed to hedonistic humanism which is in essence all any organized Satanist org I've seen is. I've never heard of or seen any real group that isn't just a bunch of punks playing at evil who are real Satanists... IE those who worship Satan as the Fallen Angel from God's grace.

Maybe I should ask as I guess I'm not really clear: What is a real Satanist? (In 7 sentences or less)

That's a really good question.

"But as for any alleged sympathy with the Christian Devil, Crowley viewed Satanism as a tawdry sport unworthy of his time and skills. Satanism depends, for its demonic fervor, on the dialectical existence of a vibrant Christianity that it can revile. The archetypal Satanic rite, the Black Mass, is structured closely upon the Catholic Mass. The catharsis of the Black Mass stems from the impassioned belief that ritual desecration -- compelling Christ to appear in the Host at the command and under the power of Satan -- is a sizzling blasphemy. Satanism forms a syzygy with Christianity -- an intertwined, oppositional heresy asserting the power of the Adversary as against the reign of the Son, a reign which alone gives the Black Mass its meaning."

by Lawrence Sutin in "Do What Thou Wilt"

That's the best definition of Satanism that I've come across.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

...I am pretty fearless when it comes to this kind of thing and I will go to visit just about anyone or anyplace to see what is up. The video below is from the cartoon 'Metalocalypse'.

This about covers any groups or facilities like this that I have ever visited. I have had to leave in the middle of some of this kind of stuff because I could not stop laughing. Really bad giggling fits. I didn't make any friends.

(video of Metalocalypse removed to save space)

There really is nothing to fear from these guys but the case of Michael Aquino is different. I will leave it at that. You can get up to date pretty quickly with Google.

That is hilarious. I've watched Metalocalypse on Cartoon Network from time to time.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

The OG MKUltra:

Anton Mesmer's believed that all living beings had magnetic fields running through them which could be manipulated for healing or other purposes. He surmised that a universal magnetic fluid existed in all “objects that produced disease when it was out of balance in the human body”.

This blog enrty charts the progression from Mesmer to HAARP in succinct little installments.

Andrija Puharich might be up your auto-biographical alley, although most of the information available on the internets regarding his life appears to be pretty apocryphal. But that's precisely what makes for a good egg-hunt.

Andrija Puharich, MD original name is Henry K. Puharich, (February 19, 1918 - January 3, 1995). He was an Army officer in the early 1950s. During that time, he was in and out of Edgewood Arsenal Research Laboratories and Camp Detrick, meeting with various high-ranking officers and officials, primarily from the Pentagon, CIA, and Naval Intelligence.[1] The Edgewood Arsenal is currently officially called the Edgewood Area of Aberdeen Proving Ground. Puharich was a medical and parapsychological researcher, medical inventor and author, who is perhaps best known as the person who brought Israeli Uri Geller and Peter Hurkos to the United States for scientific investigation.

A sampling of unsubstantiated weirdness:

r Andrija Puharich in the 50's/60's, found that clairvoyant's brainwaves became 8 Hz when their psychic powers were operative. He saw an Indian Yogi in 1956 controlling his brainwaves, deliberately shifting his consciousness from one level to another. Puharich trained people with bio-feedback to do this consciously, making 8 Hz waves. A healer made 8 Hz waves pass into a patient, healing their heart trouble, her brain emitting 8 Hz . One person emitting a certain frequency can make another also resonate to the same frequency. Our brains are extremely vulnerable to any technology which sends out ELF waves, because they immediately start resonating to the outside signal by a kind of tuning-fork effect. Puharich experimented discovering that

A) 7.83 Hz (earth's pulse rate) made a person feel good, producing an altered-state.
B) 10.80 Hz causes riotious behaviour and
C) 6.6 Hz causes depression.

Puharich made ELF waves change RNA and DNA, breaking hydrogen bonds to make a person have a higher vibratory rate. He wanted to go beyond the psychic 8 Hz brainwave and attract psi phenomena. James Hurtak, who once worked for Puharich, also wrote in his book The Keys of Enoch that ultra-violet caused hydrogen bonds to break and this raised the vibratory rate.

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
On October 4, 1986, as Rather was walking along Park Avenue in Manhattan to his apartment, he was attacked and punched from behind by a man who demanded to know, "Kenneth, what is the frequency?", while a second assailant also chased and beat him. As the assailant pummeled and kicked Rather, he kept repeating the question over and over again. In describing the incident, Rather said, "I got mugged. Who understands these things? I didn't and I don't know. I didn't make a lot of it at the time and I don't now. I wish I knew who did it and why, but I have no idea."

MKUltra was seriously creepy stuff. I'm sure it still exists under a different name.

Andrija Puharich was fascinating. I remember reading about his experiments with amanita muscaria.

His book on Uri Geller was so extreme -- the first time I read it, I dismissed it as incredible. Later I would re-read it and believe they were telling the truth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is an especially cool ( I think so, anyway ) variation on occult fashion that is occurring presently and it comes outta Britain. My guess is that AV is up to speed on it. Can any one else fathom a guess or does anyone else know what it is? The reason I ask is to illustrate my point about fashion.

I hope you're not talking about Harry Potter, mang.

Maybe this?

Neo-shamanism?

Edit to add: Bust my brass buttons, if Neoshamanism isn't an actual movement! I'm pretty sure what they practice, though perfectly all right, is probably not what I had in mind.

edit on 27-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: Neoshamanism?!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

You are really close with Neo-Shamanism. Does anyone else want to play? I do because I have been excited about it in an 'Occult Fashion' sense for a few years now but it is kinda under the radar.

If you guys get sick of my silly game let me know and I will puke some more rainbows for us.

That includes anything you'd like to call me on really...

Also, I know this is going terribly off topic and I am not sure how to work this any further into the 'resist fear' theme. Back Soon.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Jinglebird's query

Holy crap, JL, I just noticed that. It's your avatar's hat. It made me think "bird". Which I then typed.

Sorry, dude.

Also, I'm giving it another shot.

I tried to find an esoteric variation of Maker Culture

Maker Culture? That's coders, fabricators, foodies, artists, educators, activists, citizen and even scientists grabbing the Do-It-Yourself ethic with both hands and changing our world in the process.

These are people who aren't just making things, they're making a point of sharing what they've learned, what they've made, and why. Often, for free.

Makers are responding directly, locally to globalization, commercialization, copyright and central command and control.

Yeah, not a lot of luck there, sadly.
edit on 27-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: floop

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I want to play but I am stumped!

The Neo-Shamanism malarkey is funny. These are mostly people trying to pretend like they have some sort of historical roots by inventing things based on a little bit of Archaeological evidence and partial oral histories.

I did think this was interesting from the Wiki Page space monkey posted:

"In traditional shamanism, the shaman’s initiation is an ordeal involving pain, hardship and terror. New Age, by contrast is a religious perspective that denies the ultimately [sic] reality of the negative, and this would devalue the role of fear as well

I will never deny the existence of fear and the negative. The goal is to face and overcome not to ignore and be ignorant of.

This is one place I agree with historical precedent. I broke my damn mind and underwent quite a bit to get where I am. I can't imagine gaining wisdom without facing all the negativity and fear in the world head on. You can't face a thing you don't believe to exist...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

You can call me whatever you want as long as I know who you mean it's all good.

Just don't make fun of the cat with the chicken hat, she is actually the devil incarnated. (No really)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well this show should start to get interesting again now.

I think I will observe and see if you all make it back in one piece. Or should I say, with what pieces were left in the first place.

Keep goldfish hydrated and with you at all times.

PS~ JL, your chicken looks like it's giving birth to a devil cat.

edit on 27-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Probably not "it", but interesting regardless: neo-animism .

Steve Wolfram (2002) espouses what I would call a "neo-animist" position with regard to the occurrence of mind (or "intelligence", to use his preferred terminology). He argues that although the idea of animism - which he defines as the view "that systems with complex behavior in nature must be driven by the same kind of essential spirit as humans ... has been seen as naive and counter to progress in science", this idea is actually "crucial" to science (2002, p. 845).

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You can see it out of the corner of your eye then you turn and it is gone...
You can feel it coming, an impending sense of... something big; yet it never comes...
When you lie in bed you fear it; but you don't know what it is...
You know there is more; there must be more! but you don't know where to look...

These are the reasons we are all here. While most poke their minds into the vastness in search of an answer and simply turn away when a horror falls into their vision and seek the first explanation they find and cling to it those here do not.

When most look and see only confusion we keep staring.

We are here because we do not turn away from fear.

We are here because we have recognized that the fear is only there to deter us from knowing.

We really do not yet know what it is deterring us from knowing, we guess, we think, we hope to know.

But the one common ground we all have is that we are not cowards. A coward sees fear and steps back, or ignores it and follows the course where it does not exist pretending it was never there.

We do not deny fear, we accept it and move towards it knowing it is hiding the answers to the questions we can't resist.

I think this is what it is all about and why we are here.

It is good to know why you are somewhere so your time and energy is not wasted there and you do not move on before you are done.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sometime we go out at night.

Sometime the stars are bright.

Sometime while walking, lyrics are more important than images.

Modus Operandi ~ ___________

Sometimes the phone rings.

Sometimes no explanations.

Sometimes we look before, but we still look.

[joking about the pieces]

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

When most look and see only confusion we keep staring.

Aint that the truth.

So anyway, I still wanna hear what's next.

That is just my opinion for myself.

We all have our times and methods, friends.

Fashion is cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join