It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS The Time Is NOW! STOP THE FEAR!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here's one too for the LadyNauts. They seem to get it right, or is that left?

And for all of us Humans.

And my personal input.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
HAA! I just turned on my TV for the first time in a week. As soon as I sit down this commercial came on.

Funny how things just happen.

Flashmobs be sure you get your clocks synchronized, be it internal or artificial.

edit on 22-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Great images, Timewalker. I wish I had more time to spend on these threads. I want to respond to some posts on the "Oprah, Eighth Sphere" thread.

Over 20 pages on your thread now. That's a lot of reading & mulling ahead. Later, fellow NooNaut.
edit on 22-5-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Thanks AV.

I know what you mean. I spend most of my time right here. Hardly time to go to others so I linked em all in here.

I am glad you liked it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Simply awesome....NooNauts secret society...

Peace to you all

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks. Good to see ya back puppy dog! Lots of pages to catch up on eh?

Others watching, obviously I U2U'd the mia's that are in the FishNaut post.

edit on 23-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Thanks timewalker,

I would have been up-to-date, on page 20 actually, if it wasn't for my modem connections during the weekend. darn

Looking forward to catch up soon.

"I gotta peacful,...easy feeling." - Eagles

Peace

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I would like to present something truly groundbreaking.

There is no higher self. There is no karma, there is no spirit self, there is no soul, there is no ego, not even an Id!

Everything that we see or seem is simply the biological construct that is our brain trying to make sense of neurological misfires, hormonal drives, and all in all being the human animal.

The time of our consciousness is fleeting. In the greater scheme of the universe it is noting but a blip of perception that will fade as we do.

In a million years, not even the greatest achievements of our entire species will leave only the slightest remnant trace on the planet we once inhabited. In a billion years those traces will be all but eliminated and a couple billion years after that even the planet we once lived on will be nothing but space debris.

We take solace in the thoughts that we are eternal spirits, that space and time are relative and there are a myriad of different constructs that give our lives meaning. It is natural to construct something like a Noosphere, a heaven, a hell, a God to give us purpose and a soul to carry on eternally.

Yet it is all that, just an illusion to keep our minds sane and our hopes alive.

Or is it?

As you read the above how many times did you say to yourself "But...", or "What a fool he does not understand X"?

Yet you get a feeling, a pit in your stomach? Did you fear for a moment everything above is true?

It could be. It could be that the near death experiences are nothing but the imaginings of neurons firing for the last, it could be that psychic phenomena is nothing more than some biological pheromone and body language reading at an animal level we don't perceive.

It could be that you are nothing more than a brain and some electromagnetic energy that fizzles when the brain does.

If any of the above frightens you, you are not qualified to judge its validity. It is too easy to make a decision out of fear and rationalize anything to fit the belief that makes you comfortable. This is what we do!

To me understanding and learning to not fear the above is part of the journey of understanding. Of knowing.

For the record I don't believe it. But then I can't say I don't hold any fear over it.... maybe one of the last things I truly fear.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

If what you say is true, then there is no need for fear of any sort. Let us eat, drink and be merry!

But, if what I say is correct, then what actually becomes of the person who dares not seek out the answers to the mysteries of consciousness?

Do they keep missing out on the same opportunities?

Even worse, such an outlook can encourage savage and brutal selfishness. It is 'lower' philosophy, as it encourages no progress. imho.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Why I no longer hold this belief:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Direct experiential weirdness.

Note: It gets weirder and weirder throughout the thread.

Note note: Even when I did firmly believe that the world was a meaningless construct we apprehended imperfectly through fallible senses and flawed neurological frameworks before being steamrollered under the Infinite as if we had never been, my conclusion was that I should behave as though our actions did, in fact, have some significance.

Note note note: If not for experiences documented in the thread, and having shared those experiences with several other observers, I would still be an Agnostic Utilitarian. For me, the only way to pass through this stage of spiritual/philosophical development was by having these experiences. I imagine it may be much the same for others.
edit on 23-5-2011 by mistermonculous because:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
I would like to present something truly groundbreaking.

There is no higher self. There is no karma, there is no spirit self, there is no soul, there is no ego, not even an Id!

Everything that we see or seem is simply the biological construct that is our brain trying to make sense of neurological misfires, hormonal drives, and all in all being the human animal.

The time of our consciousness is fleeting. In the greater scheme of the universe it is noting but a blip of perception that will fade as we do.

In a million years, not even the greatest achievements of our entire species will leave only the slightest remnant trace on the planet we once inhabited. In a billion years those traces will be all but eliminated and a couple billion years after that even the planet we once lived on will be nothing but space debris.

We take solace in the thoughts that we are eternal spirits, that space and time are relative and there are a myriad of different constructs that give our lives meaning. It is natural to construct something like a Noosphere, a heaven, a hell, a God to give us purpose and a soul to carry on eternally.

Yet it is all that, just an illusion to keep our minds sane and our hopes alive.

Or is it?

As you read the above how many times did you say to yourself "But...", or "What a fool he does not understand X"?

Yet you get a feeling, a pit in your stomach? Did you fear for a moment everything above is true?

It could be. It could be that the near death experiences are nothing but the imaginings of neurons firing for the last, it could be that psychic phenomena is nothing more than some biological pheromone and body language reading at an animal level we don't perceive.

It could be that you are nothing more than a brain and some electromagnetic energy that fizzles when the brain does.

If any of the above frightens you, you are not qualified to judge its validity. It is too easy to make a decision out of fear and rationalize anything to fit the belief that makes you comfortable. This is what we do!

To me understanding and learning to not fear the above is part of the journey of understanding. Of knowing.

For the record I don't believe it. But then I can't say I don't hold any fear over it.... maybe one of the last things I truly fear.

I haven't even read this thread yet and I'm getting sucked into responding to this.

These ideas can be argued endlessly. There is no way to clinically prove the existence of God, soul, meaning, etc.

What if -- what we really are is pure consciousness (awareness). You might argue that physical things (illness, drugs, etc.) affect our consciousness. But that's only one type of consciousness that's tied to the condition of our physical bodies. But there are infinite levels of consciousness that are not tied to our physical bodies.

God created the Universe out of Itself to experience Itself. Ultimately, what we remember is that we are God (there's only One) and our true state is Blissed out LOVE.

So while we are in our contracted egoic state, we think we have a body, a name, a personal history. But none of those things are permanent and none of those things are what we truly are.

The lotus is an emblem of the soul that remains beautiful & unsullied as it grows out of the fetid mud of the material plane.

There is only One. "God looks out from all eyes" The illusion created by the goddess Maya is that One has become many.

God is alone forever. Forever creating worlds for Itself to enjoy. So we are all dreaming that we are Dick & Jane who were born, live "short, brutish" lives and die.

God cannot die. The tragedy is that most of us (in our finite, individualized states) never learn how to live.

Most of us never learn to live in the moment, NOW. Most of us suffer by living in the past or defer living into a future that may never come. Now is all there really is. And until we learn to enjoy whatever is before us now...

The Truth is that everything is already Prefect. Everything here is already beautiful beyond description. Everything here is worthy of Love. And when you break through, you will KNOW this without any doubt.

This Knowing comes to us through Grace. There are some things that we can do that might help to accelerate our breakthrough, but is it necessary for us to strain? Does the grass strain to grow?

When we are ready to make those changes, there will be an inner compulsion to make those changes. We will not be able to stop it.

We love to scare ourselves.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

If what you say is true, then there is no need for fear of any sort. Let us eat, drink and be merry!

But, if what I say is correct, then what actually becomes of the person who dares not seek out the answers to the mysteries of consciousness?

Do they keep missing out on the same opportunities?

Even worse, such an outlook can encourage savage and brutal selfishness. It is 'lower' philosophy, as it encourages no progress. imho.

Well, according to Frater, our souls go into the Lunar garbage disposal.

Truly, let us eat, drink and be merry.

To think there is nothing more than this present physical reality is to "encourage savage and brutal selfishness."

Karma is very real. We get back everything we send out -- eventually. Since the Ultimate realization is that there is only One Being here, we understand that we are what we harm.

We get to experience everything we meted out.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

Why I no longer hold this belief:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Direct experiential weirdness.

Note: It gets weirder and weirder throughout the thread.

Note note: Even when I did firmly believe that the world was a meaningless construct we apprehended imperfectly through fallible senses and flawed neurological frameworks before being steamrollered under the Infinite as if we had never been, my conclusion was that I should behave as though our actions did, in fact, have some significance.

Note note note: If not for experiences documented in the thread, and having shared those experiences with several other observers, I would still be an Agnostic Utilitarian. For me, the only way to pass through this stage of spiritual/philosophical development was by having these experiences. I imagine it may be much the same for others.
edit on 23-5-2011 by mistermonculous because:

Love your threads, Mistermonculous.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Simply awesome....NooNauts secret society...

Peace to you all
Uhhh.

I don't think this one's any big secret. We're blasting over the RF,Wires, and Noosphere.

Shhh.. don't tell anybody I just said that, it's a secret.

NooNauts an open source society, except for a few U2U's.

Radio Free Noosphere!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If any of the above frightens you, you are not qualified to judge its validity.

I believe JL is just mixing it up a bit here, that's good. These things should be discussed too.

You could be completely correct, you could be completely wrong. Our bodies are electrically charged meat bags full of hormones, chemicals bones and other fatty tissues that respond to outside influences. This cannot be dismissed. At the same time we are a species with some kind of big hole in us. We are constantly looking to heal this wound, if that's what it is.

I have a few atheist in my immediate surrounding. To me, this seems wrong, but this is just my opinion. It seems that some are just waiting to die, Then that's it. DEAD, end of story, in the ground It's over. Maybe this is best for them. They do not live in the constructs of hope and fear. But to me, this just seems a hollow existence without FEAR of doing things to better themselves and without the HOPE that there is something better. We have built in us, most of us, to try to understand the principles of cause and effect, Karma whatever you want to call it. Some don't and just let the road lead them wherever without actually putting their hands on the wheel. I like to drive.

I have always, since birth felt like I am trying to get back home. I am adopted and have abandonment issues, that could be it too, but I do not think so. In fact that Lenny Kravitz tune a few post up is directed to ALL the women in my life, or should I say the lack of.

Looking up in to the stars has always seemed more along the lines. Just always felt that our molecular structured meat bags were made of star material. And out there somewhere is the real deal. Not A planet am I referring to either.

I think all of us here are adding our scientific curiosity mix in this. This Is to be expected in this age.

sci·ence/ˈsīəns/Noun 1. The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

We do have some of this in this thread. As well as just the exponential bits of "chance" that has happened just with us. Some of that might be explainable, some of it is not.

I don't know about you people, but I cannot recreate these things to a scientific fact and show you a chart, take that back, this thread is a chart. I did not make them happen though, this is workings of Universal Law in my opinion. The ebb and flow of the way things are.

I have a light ball, a purple flame, feelings of intense nous when these synchs happen. All of us here have experienced these synchs. Some of us have a direct connect WAY more that might be believable. They know who they are.

My feeling is this is the way it works. At the same time we are not up the creek without a paddle. We were given a paddle to steer ourselves with. Maybe some of you can "control" this ebb. I think this is possible to an extent but I don't think any of us are Masters of these tides. Maybe we are learning to be, as a whole, by our single experiences adding to the school of fish.

Is there a master fish that guides the school. I wonder about that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The master is the sum of all the goldfish?

Maybe?

And yeah, I'd say we've all had our own unique moments of revelatory weirdness.
For which I am eternally grateful.

My theory: The greater the degree of synchronization surrounding any given concept, the more likely we are to be onto something.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

If we can the Love I know you are correct.

The discussion about canning the love is a few pages back and probably worthy of it's own thread as this is a very important concept too.

So if we are more as we see animals as lowly as flies and as advanced as space faring monkeys suggest then wouldn't we have some sort of proof?

No maybe we wouldn't and more likely... we already do.

The issue is how this effects fear and a few good points were made. There is no reason to fear anything if we are bags of mostly water. But then there is also mortality to fear.

But if we aren't bags of mostly water there is more to fear! Mama moon might try to eat us up!

Is it possible that people accept this meat construct because oblivion is preferable to the reality the comprehend?

I perceive your soul, my soul, our souls. If what I perceive is not an illusion (Of which the moon is indeed the queen) than our fears our meaningless, about as meaningless as how scared one is when their video game avatar is about to get squashed.

So here is another question: If our fear has no meaning does it follow that it also has no purpose?

hmmmm....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

My feelings exactly MM.

The Sum is the Master.

Water is an extremely good conductor. They are in more of a wetwire situation than us.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

To clarify: By synchronization, I don't mean agreement. I mean the same concept occurring independently to two or more people before even being discussed. Or strange symbolic congruences. Or even similar real-life events happening to two or more people.

Not that debate isn't fruitful, but I would say the concepts around which synchronysity seems to be sparking are indications of a greater absolute which may not require much intellectual mediation.

For instance: your concept of "bearing the load" of opposing currents. I did this painting years ago, when I would have deemed the vast majority of the concepts being discussed here bunkum and woo. It's called "The Human Lightning Rod", and it was a part of a series about members of a side-show in their off-hours.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c97a0c8257b0.jpg[/atsimg]

But there it all is. As above, so below. The lightbulb in the boy's mouth.

Did this one a year ago as a wedding present. It's from a short story that I never actually ended up writing, and it's called "The 49th St. Station Oracle"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab5577c3d993.jpg[/atsimg]

I would say, looking at it now, that I see a Wheel of Fortune.

Synchronisity.

edit on 23-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: thingum

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Ahhh,

But we are THINKING it, consciously or not. I think our conscious draws what thoughts are needed to recognize it.

Cause and Effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join