It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
However, science is, by its very nature, in a constant state of being incorrect

If pressed on the illogic of his pronunciamento, he would hide behind the scientist's last resort, "You can't prove a negative", though that's what they claim to do most of the time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's actually in my oppinion quite sad, that there are still so many people, in the 21st Century(!) still believe in Heaven, Hell, God and all the other bull#.
Hawking is right, it's just fairy tales and the people believe it like some stupid Lemmings. Heaven and Hell doesn't even make sense, when you spend 5 minutes to think about. I rather believe in reincarnation, that death is the ultimate Reset and you start from the beginning as some different person

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
Jesus Christ! You are all like kids, stubbornly discussing something which never has been discussable because we totaly lack the necessary knowledge.

I have the knowledge. Anyone can have the knowledge. They just need to ask.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBackNone of that has any evidence for it.
Sorry.
I'm going to have to agree with the guy in lab coats who actually test their experiments, and don't believe everything anybody tells me, but I lean more towards people with actual evidence.

Science extrapolates practically ad infinitum all the time. This happens in a microsecond, therefore that happens in a billion years. This happens over the span of a nanometer, therefore that happens over a light year.
Scientists claim to know what the core of the earth is like, what the core of the sun is like, et cetera et cetera, though they have absolutely no way to know these things.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by DuceizBackNone of that has any evidence for it.
Sorry.
I'm going to have to agree with the guy in lab coats who actually test their experiments, and don't believe everything anybody tells me, but I lean more towards people with actual evidence.

Science extrapolates practically ad infinitum all the time. This happens in a microsecond, therefore that happens in a billion years. This happens over the span of a nanometer, therefore that happens over a light year.
Scientists claim to know what the core of the earth is like, what the core of the sun is like, et cetera et cetera, though they have absolutely no way to know these things.

They have proof for whats inside the earth...

Etc...earth quakes, and volcanoes.. magma and lava.
You can prove lava comes from inside the earth, and etc.

no matter how much.
ALL OF THESE STUDIES have some amount of evidence, and are borderline fact.

and even if science IS wrong, so is religion.
Science being wrong doesn't all of a sudden give religion and the belief in god more credibility.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
Those documented cases of NDE/OBE's, are also able to be brought upon using a helmet. While wearing the helmet people say they see people floating around them and in the skies and flying, all on a bed with a helmet causing natural reactions from your brain.

I've used the exact same technology as that helmet. I also used to sell the like. I've also had nde's. I know that statement is nonsense. As is the premise that if you can kind of mimic what happens in nature in a lab, it must happen that way in nature.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
They have proof for whats inside the earth...

Etc...earth quakes, and volcanoes.. magma and lava.
You can prove lava comes from inside the earth, and etc.

no matter how much.
ALL OF THESE STUDIES have some amount of evidence, and are borderline fact.

and even if science IS wrong, so is religion.
Science being wrong doesn't all of a sudden give religion and the belief in god more credibility.

The CORE of the earth. The CORE of the sun. What evidence do they have there? Nobody says magma comes from the core of the earth.

Science set the dichotomy. They're responsible for it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Such a smart man and yet so limited. what a shame.

What if we all already went to heaven?

Everyone!

I can Imagine I lived this life, pressing these keys over a trillion years ago. Oh yes. It happened...................

and then I went to heaven. I did all the heavenly things I could imagine. Made worlds played god, got bored set my alarm for a few billion, and then took a nap...........woke up, did it all over again................

Eventually I stopped and mulled over the life that I lived on earth (or where ever.) I traveled to where my timeline was and just kind of watched...............

I was ok with most of the life I lived, but as I watched I did take notes of a few regrets here and there. Then I got the Idea that maybe I could improve that life I lived..................but I knew that wasn't the right way of thinking about it. Instead I decided to focus on all the alternate universes that showed all the right decisions and the results. I was navigating thru these universes to see the results of all my potential lives and refining my favorites.
and now I'm going to refine this one.

Everything Steve said about dieing brains and no heaven for computers I can agree with. but like most magicians he delt you a slight of hand. He never mentions the life energy that makes the computer work. Our little generators. He can't go there because he is a scientist Oh I'm sure his intellect could give us wonders if he had not back himself into a corner like that.

Remember, this has all happened before, and will all happen again because it is possible that the multiverse is that big.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Human arrogance is the worst...
Hawking's an ass for even making a claim he can't possibly ever prove... same for everyone that's pointing to this and going "See, told you there's no heaven." This guy can't even say what's inside a black hole let alone what happens after death.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
It's actually in my oppinion quite sad, that there are still so many people, in the 21st Century(!) still believe in Heaven, Hell, God and all the other bull#.

Right, things are working out so well now that most have thrown Christianity by the wayside [/sarcasm].
It was so much better before everyone was "free". A wise man once said that the only criteria of success is results. Look at us now. One can enjoy all the benefits of living in a nihilist country. Drug addiction, alcoholism, and unwanted pregnancies are rampant. The laws against usury have been overturned. So smart.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OH BOY !!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If i remember correctly steven hawkings was the man who not long ago said that if aliens existed they would be strange and exotic unlike anything here on earth. This is another assumption by a world renown scientist.For all that he knows he can seem to acknowledge that there is life on other planets but seems to totally disregard the fact that intelligent alien life could exist higher than ourselves that may or may not have knowledge of a higher dimensions or even a supreme higher being who has existed before everything was.

I think it is probable, through all of what humans have learnt through einstein or hawkings or whoever that our bubble we live in is nothing in comparison to how big the universe is how it works in other parts and what capabilites other life out there habours.We do not know even a fraction of our universe or even multi verses
it is rather arrogant of scientists to presume anything when the knowledge they have themseleves is so limited.

If we still havnt realised the scientific world around us on earth,how can we even start to suggest that theres no proof in god.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by danmc82
If i remember correctly steven hawkings was the man who not long ago said that if aliens existed they would be strange and exotic unlike anything here on earth.

He also warned that we shouldn't try to contact them:

google search - Hawking warning aliens

So, he thinks aliens exist, and he's afraid of them, but not so with God.
What does it matter in his paradigm? We're just dead chemical machines.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
All, I have one thing to say. Being spiritual is NOT being religious. There a huge difference. Spiritual is fondemental concept of your real emotions where everything around you is an emotion. Everything is alive and is connected to you through a universal mind which you share emotional qualities. religion is a thought created by humans to control and seek power over other humans.

Do not think, feel your environnement feel the energy that is connected to you. that is the secret, that is the key. Do not think, because thinking is judging... thinking is ego... and ego is evil.. Feel and believe in yourself. Can you do an action without thinking? go with your heart and not your brain.

Did you know that the heart creates 5000 more electro-volts and then your brain? Now... the key is to love your environnement. Do not think you love.... just love with your heart... ex... I love my girlfriend... right... now if your girlfriend kill your daughter... are you going to love her still? loving from the heart is unconditional love.

I am telling you, love from the heart, feel your environment, do not think... just do. If there is an after life? Bah look for the answer inward and not outward. Do you believe? If you believe, then it is true as you create your own life... your own reality. Don't you get it? don't you feel it?

Now, if you judge this comment, then it means you are thinking... are you following the path of the light which can only been seen through feeling? Or you are following what you have been thought by your parents, your grand parents, your school teachers etc... which is all part of the control that has been created long time ago! you are the only one who can guide your life... if you follow others, or you wish you would be like another person, then you are on the wrong path...

Use the force, feel the light, trust your heart and not your thinking.

reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Next up - Stephen Hawking's Big Book of Sexual Techniques & Advice

edit on 16-5-2011 by grizzle2 because: added "& advice"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
this topic is clearly a breeding ground for atheist who S&F each others non belief.

I PROMISE GOD EXIST.

I have indeed met Him. not only in dreams, no. ...Very awake and He is as powerful, awesome and beautiful as you once thought Him to be.

I have had the voices of Angels comfort me on numerous occassion.

I have heard the Heartbeat of The Lord Jesus Himself..and I have heard an assembely of the LORDs Angels sing exclusively for my ears alone.

FAITH is a gift given by GOD Himself.

Without a mustard seed of faith you will never experience ' any ' of His miracles.

to gain this mustard seed you must Ask The Holy Father through the Son

" In Jesus Name i ask you for faith Holy Father..i confess Jesus is your only Holy begotten Son who died for my sins and who rose the third day. Please, i ask for faith "

May He bless you all.
Like the film ' the matrix ' ..there are 2 pills you WILL choose from. to SEE.. or to remain blind. Choose Sight!
edit on 16-5-2011 by steven704 because: Choose SIGHT

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by Noviz
reply to post by DuceizBack

Who says he can intervene? You are thinking of God in a traditional sense... a great ruler and powerful entity than can do anything he wants. Maybe we are just lab rats and statistics in an experiment of the humam condition.

But yeah you are correct, in a traditional biblical sense why the heck doesn't god help us out? Why doesn't he stop war and famine?

But who says that is 'what he is.' Why does God have to be a nice guy? Just because it says in a book that he is a nice guy it doesn't mean that book is true. Maybe we are just a simulation or an experiment. In an experiment you don't interfere with what is happening otherwise the results would be wrong. We have the power as humans to stop war and famine; to live in harmony. He gave us the power of the human brain - knowledge, learning, compassion, thought. Maybe the whole purpose of everything is for us to solve our own problems that we have created.

None of that has any evidence for it.
Sorry.

Since when did I say any of the above was factual???????? Did you just not read what I put or are you just dumb?.........

What I was trying to point out is that we have no idea what God is or what his agenda is.... and thats if he does exist! God not helping suffering people is not an argument against God when not talking about a traditional biblical God... which I was not.

I honestly can't believe how you replied to my post. It seems like you thought what I wrote was attempting to be factual which it clearly wasn't... Please actually read my post next time without jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

He is entitled to his own belief systems. It is his will to feel this way. Science.......... But 1 does disagree.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am not religious and I really do want to believe in a higher entity, but.... I just can't.... I just can't imagine that there's such as a life after death. We will "be" where we were before our birth (does anyone have memories of that time? no --> because we simply didn't exist then) - non existant. Enjoy your life while walking on this planet, love and live long my friends, take care!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Please PM me with info about all these experiences. I too have had some, especially one I still have, which is invisible stigmata.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join