It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is being accused for fueling the Tuscon Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Back in January, just after the Tuscon Massacre, a Washington Post article surfaced claiming that Jared Loughner, the man who shot and hit Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, was a member of ATS and might have been the cause for his rampage.

tucsoncitizen.com...

Obviously this is a war against alternate thinking websites, and ATS being the biggest, is the first obstacle for TPTB to overcome.

This just goes to show that this site is making a difference in the public and decisive moves are being taken in order to discredit its legitimacy.

This is just something that I found interesting and I'm hoping to hear everyone's input on where this site might be headed and how it might play an important role in today's society.

Let us take this time to unite and discuss what has brought us here and what we are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for reading,

~1Mind1Soul~
edit on 15-5-2011 by 1Mind1Soul because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by 1Mind1Soul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
All it needs to make those 'watch lists' and the Govt useless:

300 Million Americans shouting

"... NO! I'm Spartacus"
"... NO! I'm Spartacus"
"... NO! I'm Spartacus"

The more on the lists and considered a threat to the government, the less effective the answer will be.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well, its marketing for the websites ufo forum anyhow.

As far as if Jared was all about the UFOs, naa, not really...he was more anti-nasa and weird concepts of time and money...ultimately, he was a bit too loopy for even ATS's standards, hense why he didn't have like a very long stint here.

Also, if you read the article, his beef was that a newspaper took the likelyhood of jared being erad3 and printing it as fact, not what you stated.

oh, and this is a very old article (January)...that moments come and gone.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I really hope this doesn't get out of hand because even though I have only been an ATS member for a short time, I've been a lurker/reader for a long time and I absolutely love this site.

ATS members did not fuel him whatsoever. He was just weird, the only thing that could be considered fuelling was ignoring him and not understanding his strange theories, but that could be said about anyone that spoke to him I'm sure.
However, there was a member on here that spotted that he was talking weird and suggested that he seriously seek help.

That Laughner guy only had a few posts on here that were just stupid junk that made no sense.
It was "therefor this and therefor that". lol he was just weird and obviously needed help.

There are some strange people on here, do doubt. But I have yet to see any as bad or even close to they way he thought or wrote.

link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

wtf?

reply in the wrong thread?

link   
While Jared Loughner may have posted here, he was hardly a member. A quick look at Erad3's post history would show that not only were his writings here during his brief visit to ATS not widely received, they more often than not left everyone going

Personally after viewing a few they left me feeling a bit of a headache honestly, that person obviously lost touch with reality, and I could not make any sense of anything he said, sadly.

Btw I don't think there is a 'war on alternative thinking sites' at all, nor is ATS some sort of obstacle that anyone out there feels like they need to clear, no matter their position of Government. We're here still posting, aren't we? Btw, please define 'TPTB'

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

wtf?

Maybe he's going for an ironic Jared post lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The MSM is always trying to find some reason to blame for anything.

In truth, he was probably always a nut and a psycho - ATS had nothing to do with his decisions or his mentality.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

wtf?

Maybe he's going for an ironic Jared post lol

If he posts like jared, and someone reads, he is jared
he posts like jared, therefore, he is jared
which means jared is not in jail. This is why we should create our currency to reflect things we like, like pizza, or cubes. Imagine jared on the front of a cube on day 12465435783531236257563823628789467461989230987234524560976

(Channeling erad3)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Nowhere in The Washington Post article does it seem, to me, like they were accusing ATS of fueling the shootings. I think they were just trying to illustrate how strange his ideas were, like that they were beyond even what many consider out there.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is furthering of the anti-conspiracy theorist propaganda that will turn the sheeple against us so they won't speak out while we are being rounded up and herded into concentration camps. Definitely not a laughing matter. They will come for the conspiracy theorists first.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

ATS is being accused for fueling the Tuscon Massacre

Insomuch as a dead limb in a forest fuels a forest fire? Yep.

The media will use whatever is most convenient as a scapegoat and explanation for anything, be it tragedy or what-have-you.

Especially those things which seemingly go against the mainstream way of doing things or way of thinking.

People are always afraid of what is different, or they at blame that what is different, simply because they likely do not understand it.

Is this surprising?

ATS has far too many genuinely intelligent people (including owners, etc) for this to be a serious problem, IMO.

Loughner is a nut, plain and simple, and he is certainly not representative of the ATS whole. Heck, not even the minority. A fraction of a percent of a minority.

There might be plenty of idiots here, but few as nutty and off-balance as he, IMO.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

wtf?

I don't think so... From the OP:

Let us take this time to unite and discuss what has brought us here and what we are trying to accomplish.

I merely responded to that.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a friend of mine used to party with jared, and something like a year before the shooting told me "that kid's going to shoot up a school or something one day." apparently he was a massive tool in person, too, and always used to talk about weed and being non-theist and how stupid religion was. but then everyone started saying he was MK-ULTRA'd, a plant to make atheists and websites like this look bad, a murder of judge roll, etc. then i stopped caring about it.

kid was a weirdo, and ATS had nothing to do with it. him being a weirdo was what drove him over the edge.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

wtf?

Ahh, fair enough, my bad, sort of skimmed through that sentence.

I merely responded to that.
edit on 16-5-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
How does not believing what someone says, fueling their ability to snap?

Duh ATS.. I get it.. the people outside think we are ALL crazy, and we should just believe everything someone posts on this site... silly us..

I got it, next time a lune trys to tell us crazy theories, just believe them..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

wtf?

Ahh, fair enough, my bad, sort of skimmed through that sentence.

Seems You're not the only one. My on-topic post was removed as being off-topic. [sigh]

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Mind1Soul

Any forum that is open to the public is bound to attract a variety of people good or bad. ATS is no exception; they should worry more about the policies they implement that deprive the public of the social and educational programs that could have made incidents like this much less likely.

top topics

join