It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals have Emotions to!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just read this story on BBC news.
a link
I can not believe the stupidity of people and scientists.
they are total disassociate with all animals.
and maybe with humans to!
they can not see that animals feel pain the same as them.
that they can feel love and hate. that they dream.
I was born to a family that all ways had
some kind of animal as part of the family.
so I have seen animals close up.
we had to have one of are two dogs put to sleep.
she had very bad growths and she was coughing up bleed.
she had two operations before.
but this time nothing could be done.
she was 15 years old.
we took her body home to have a burial.
we let the other dog see her and
he cried and was distressed and grieved.
he wonted are other dog to be alive and play.
it was very sad to see and I cried again.
But most people dont think animals have any feelings.
and they shut it out. why do they do this?
animals are very like humans.
those kind of people have little feelings for other humans to.
when driving they swerve to hit a rabbit or cat.
its like they have no soul no feelings.
it is no wonder aliens will not contact us.
most people would treat them like mindless animals.
and not like the people who love animals.
I love animals as much as humans. or more.
humans dont deserve it.
how can some one take a sack of kittens or
puppies and dump they in a lake to die?
have You seen this kind of thing ?
unfeeling people.
or dont you think animals feel?

If ever one remembered that animals and humans have emotions to.
the world would be a better places.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You forgot to add how flavor packed each critter is.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think many people lost the "animal touch" in their lifes. Whereas many years ago it was not uncommon to have a few chickens, goats and cows in the backyard now we just go to the supermarket and buy some finished product.

I know people still have pets so the "animal touch" isn't completely lost but many people forgot that animals are beings just like us. Just because they don't talk or build cities like we do doesn't mean they don't have emotions.

Many people just view animals as "lesser beings".

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All things that are living have a brain and a brain has functions that allows us to experience emotions

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I can't comment about other animals, but I've owned two very loving golden retrievers. Those dogs were pure love on four legs. They always put smiles on our face, laughter and a sense of comfort when we were down. When the first one passed, we were absolutely devastated. Anyone that has ever owned a pet will understand how it's like losing a member of the family.

I remember a dog found killed on the side of a busy stretch of road. Its companion stood beside it's lifeless body all day until it was removed. I would call that a grieving emotion.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Plants also communicate with each other. Many of them are mighty tasty too. If everyone were aware that all life is interdependent, the world would be a better place. I think the animals and plants are more aware of this than humans are. We all have to eat in order to live. We will all feed other life forms eventually.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Of course animals have emotions, you just have to own a dog to realise that. When you come in through the door after being out and they start going mental wagging their tail jumping all over you. Or when you cba and your dog gets bored and starts making groaning sounds and looking round for something to do. Maybe insects etc dont have emotions but imo all mammals have emotions. Who HASNT seen that primal fear in a zebras eye as it trys to escape the lion chasing it?? Yea right animals have no feelings.......

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
I think many people lost the "animal touch" in their lifes. Whereas many years ago it was not uncommon to have a few chickens, goats and cows in the backyard now we just go to the supermarket and buy some finished product.

I know people still have pets so the "animal touch" isn't completely lost but many people forgot that animals are beings just like us. Just because they don't talk or build cities like we do doesn't mean they don't have emotions.

Many people just view animals as "lesser beings".

Stop saying animal touch, you sound like a sicko!! ^_^

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Some people forget that people are animals. To think animals other than humans don't have emotions is ludicrous. Dogs have the full range of emotions that people do. They can be happy, sad, angry, scared, playful, melancholy...

Here is one of my dogs and how happy she is when we walk in the door after being away for a little while...

That's a true smile that she only does when she's really happy we've come home.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes I agree plants feel pain to.
they have done allot of experiments.
even other trees around the one with the pain.
will show signs of fear.
I dont say you should not eat plants and meat.
I am saying you should show them respect.
you should not make them suffer.
you should be empathic to all life.
thing of your self in the animals body.
how would you feel?
you could reincarnate as an animal in your next life.
to tech you a lesson.
I am a Buddhist and they say you can do this.
so if you hurt an animal.
you may get the same done to you!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves

Just think, for thousands of years dog waited on their owners, but it wasn't until recently that the owners started making it home alive consistently.

The way dogs react when people return home, it is like their instincts remember those days.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves

Just think, for thousands of years dog waited on their owners, but it wasn't until recently that the owners started making it home alive consistently.

The way dogs react when people return home, it is like their instincts remember those days.

dogs are lovely!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have had a cat that use't to greet me when I got home from work.
she only did it for one year?
now she knows I will be home.
so I have to go find her.

she still loves me and I her.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

That's true. They are now part of human packs and the lucky ones will forever be cared for and have food brought to them. When we leave the house they probably think we're out on a hunt! LOL I love dogs!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

That's the difference between cats and dogs! Cats say, you want to see me? Come and find me!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I agree with what you're saying about respecting all life. I think people that hunt for "sport" should come back as animals and see how it would feel to be on the other side of the gun or bow.

I have my doubts as to whether plants have 'awareness'. I'm not saying they don't feel pain but is that the same thing as true awareness?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Growing up with boredom (no excuse of course!!!) on a farm in a really small village my father didn't receive much respect for animals in his youth. He told me stories about how the kids used to be to animals and I always hated that part about his youth... Now he's in his 50's and I don't know what has changed his mind but still just a few years ago he used to simply trample spiders and beetles in his garage to death while now he gently takes the insects to his hands and puts them back into nature. Just last week there was a little jumpy spider on the table where we had diner and he says "Come here lil spider, you're cute" and puts it back into the lawn....

top topics

join